Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Urgent help/advice required - Gravesham Girls & Ladies FC

Hi All,

Sorry for bothering everyone with this but hopefully one of you may be able to help or point us in the right direction.

My missus' team, Gravesham Girls & Ladies FC were due to hold their annual presentation night on Friday 18th May at Istead Rise Community Centre but unfortunately we've just learnt that it was burnt down over the weekend, leaving the club with nowhere to go and in danger of disappointing the 200+ people, mostly kids, who are involved with the team. As a mainly self-sufficient local team, the presentation night is the club's main money earner of the season and it would be a disaster if the club would miss out on much needed funds if the night was to not go ahead. The club has already arranged for ex-Goon and Sky Sports' Alan Smith and a member of the Charlton Athetlic ladies squad to present the trophies...

Can anyone suggest a viable alternative venue for around 200 people on Friday 18th May around the Gravesham/Dartford area which may be available and obviously wont cost the earth or somewhere where the venue may be willing to subsidise the cost to help out a local team?

We'd be grateful of any information...

If anyone can help, please leave a message below or contact my missus' Clare through the Gravesham Girls & Ladies FC website, link below...

Gravesham Girls & Ladies FC

Comments

• edited March 2007
    Has Gravesend and Northfleet FC got a clubhouse?

Alternatively The Bat and Ball cricket ground (Gravesend CC I assume), Gravesend RFC or Old Gravesendians RFC might make their club houses available.
  • try the masonic rooms at Dartford, where KM had his 18th, or worth trying Dartford FC, they must have a clubhouse that isn't too booked up yet.
  • You could try Swan Valley School in Swanscombe. They have quite a few events and it is plenty big enough. They are one of these new fangled sports colleges so it would probably be a good fit.
  • I'd definately try Gravesend & Northfleet, they have a nice clubhouse & being a local team get the girlies to ring them up & pull at their heartstrings!

Good Luck!