Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Benty !

Scored a hat trick tonight and now second to Wayne Rooney in the Premier league goal scoring charts - a couple of goals in front of Defoe and mils in front of C Cole, Heskt, Crouch etc.

any chance of him going to the world cup.................no, didn't think so !

I know Rooney, Defoe & Crouch are on the plane..........with Hesky (why ??) on the steps with an other still in the terminal.

any thoughts chaps ?

Comments

• steve bruce just put his views forward about him deserving to go ......looking good for my bent over defoe prem goals bet atm
  • I've always rated him since his Ipswich days. He scores goals wherever he has played. His spurs record is a lot better than people realise.

However, some glaring misses and that kebab faced twitching dodgy c*nt Redknapp poor man management of him destroyed his confidence and the press wrote him off.

Has not had a proper chance to stake a claim for an England shirt. He should've been given that chance by now.
  • In a half decent team and with a regular starting role Benty will always be top 5 in the Prem scoring tables, finishing and pace are his best qualities.

He is not world class but outside Rooney which of England's strikers are? Never could work out why people think Defoe is so much better, some of his finishes look better but I would take Bent to score more goals over the course of a season every time.
  • it was on the cards that he would start scoring again as i too him (and lampard) out of fantasy footie team.*

*this will also coincide with goal droughts for anelka and drogba.
  • Cost me a bomb tonight, had Sunderland v Bolton under 3.5 in a goal accy. Everything else came in. Bent in the 88th minute knackered it. GRRR!
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]that kebab faced twitching dodgy c*nt Redknapp
    Post of the year - and from a Spanner too! I'm sorry, but that has had me laughing my nuts off for a good ten minutes now. Well played.
  • He doesn't play for us anymore, Scott Parker has gone to Chelsea (but won't play against us) and Curbs is no longer our Manager - nor anyone elses actually.
    Move on!!!!
  • Sadly he only gets a chance for England when it's unlikely he'll get many chances (sub appearances or Brazil friendly)

deserves a seat but unlikely to go because he's not in the clique
  • Just when I was starting to get a little concerned about my 40/1 e/w on him to be top scorer was looking dodgy he bangs in a hat trick.

He wont catch Rooney but think he is nailed on for top 4 now.
  • Scored against all the 'big 4' this season while Defoe racks up goals against Wigan and Hull. Still wont be on the plane to South Africa although he should be. Still get a joy out of watching him do well as I did with Robert Lee. Doesn't mean I haven't moved on!
  • Sponsored links:

• pleased for him.. I only listened to the half time report when it was still one nil and sounded like he missed a sitter just before the half time. He must have gotten a rocket up his arris.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]He doesn't play for us anymore, Scott Parker has gone to Chelsea (but won't play against us) and Curbs is no longer our Manager - nor anyone elses actually.
    Move on!!!!

Who gives a toss. He's one of our ex players and we feel very proud to have him in our history.

Are we not allowed to like someone the second they leave the club?
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]He doesn't play for us anymore, Scott Parker has gone to Chelsea (but won't play against us) and Curbs is no longer our Manager - nor anyone elses actually.
    Move on!!!!

Who gives a toss. He's one of our ex players and we feel very proud to have him in our history.

Are we not allowed to like someone the second they leave the club?

Chirpy's on his usual "wind up".

The fact is that Darren has scored half of Sundarland's League goals this season (18 out of 36). That would have been 19 had he not generously let Kenwyn Jones (7 League goals) take a penalty earlier in the season. Next top is Andy Reid (2) with nobody else getiing more than one!!!

So, it could be argued that, if it weren't for Benty's goals Sunderland would be well and truly in the mire and the money spent by Bruce on him will probably be the difference between them staying up and going down.

Nothing new there though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]that kebab faced twitching dodgy c*nt Redknapp
    Post of the year - and from a Spanner too! I'm sorry, but that has had me laughing my nuts off for a good ten minutes now. Well played.

LOL, well said sparrow
  • Any chance of getting him back on an emergency loan for the windmill game?

What a player.
    How times have changed!
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Just when I was starting to get a little concerned about my 40/1 e/w on him to be top scorer was looking dodgy he bangs in a hat trick.

He wont catch Rooney but think he is nailed on for top 4 now.

Damn you Southend, where did you get 40's I could only get on at 34/1?

I cannot wait to take my slip back in to the muggy Spurs twunt behind the counter who took the pee and told me "He's useless him and there's no way he'll score more than Defoe..."*

*Don't let me down now Darren.
  • 'Kebab faced' lol i am with Leroy on this Sparrows, thats had me in bits haha
  • ALso looking good for my bet for an aryton with Mattdamon from work, he chose crouch lol
  • edited March 2010
    Get the feeling whatever he does he won't go now. Hasn't been involved often enough so unless there are injuries he won't get in the squad.
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]I cannot wait to take my slip back in to the muggy Spurs twunt behind the counter who took the pee and told me "He's useless him and there's no way he'll score more than Defoe..."*
    Stupid thing about that is he did score goals for Spurs. Just not particularly skilful or technical compared to some of the strikers Spurs have had over the last few years.
  • He was the yids top scorer last season!

But as soon as the bung taking flame haired robbing 2nd hand car salesman with a boring monotonous twat of a pundit son said "my old dear/nan could've scored that" it was curtains for Bent. Seemed like everyone forgot all the goals he scored purely based on one shocking miss!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]He was the yids top scorer last season!

But as soon as the bung taking flame haired robbing 2nd hand car salesman with a boring monotonous twat of a pundit son said "my old dear/nan could've scored that" it was curtains for Bent. Seemed like everyone forgot all the goals he scored purely based on one shocking miss!

......Agreed 100%. It was a bad miss but I have seen Defoe miss plenty of easy chances as well but then he is one of "Harry's Boys" isn't he?
  • Benty's face doesn't fit for some reason.

He's been in the top two or three Engish scorers for 4 or 5 seasons now. I don't know what else he is expected to do.
  • The fact is Bents goals played a big role in Tottenham not being invilved in a relegation scrap last season. Spurs fans did not like him as theu has Keane/Berbatove and Defeo before him yet neither of them or Defoe matched Bents goals to starts ration.

His goals have single handedly kept Sunderlannd out of too much danger, personally think he is better than Sunderland and would trhive at somewhere like Villa but not sure if he will get another big move. With Liverpools lack of strikers, he would do a job there too imho
  • [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]He was the yids top scorer last season!

bit worried about our new mate - he seems to speak quite a lot of sense for a spanner!
  • if you add up all the goals scored by players in the PL over the past 5 seasons, the only English player to have scored than Darren Bent is Rooney (who has scored around 10 goals more)

Not bad when you consider the Bent was playing for clubs outside the top half of the table and spent a couple of seasons on the bench at Spurs.
  • [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]if you add up all the goals scored by players in the PL over the past 5 seasons, the only English player to have scored than Darren Bent is Rooney (who has scored around 10 goals more)

Not bad when you consider the Bent was playing for clubs outside the top half of the table and spent a couple of seasons on the bench at Spurs.

Would have thought Lampard would have come into that somewhere myself? As a striker though he's got to be up there.
  • Lampard is 3rd, he's a few behind Benty this season but there isn't many between them.