Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Arctic Monkeys

Have just been issued with my lucky !!!! pin number for tickets.
How the hell is it lucky when its not for the date/venue i wanted ??
So, if anyone out there wants tickets for Liverpool Acadamy on the 14th April the night before Everton away, let me know.
i've only got until tomorrow night to buy them.

Comments

• can't you make a weekend of it!!! seems like too good an opportunity to miss surely!

we're going on the thursday night astoria.
  • Could of had a great weekend but got to go to a mates wedding. (who gets married in the football season?)
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite] (who gets married in the football season?)

I'll tell you who does, JohnboyUK.

Not content with dragging me out the country for West Ham at home, Man City away is now out the window as well.

Not impressed.
  • Thats not fair AFKA.
    I hope you made him pay for it in Barca!!!
  • Stay away AFKA, you're good luck out of the country!!
  • I was actually intending on going to this, shame the Deftones gig from tonight got moved to the 14th. Shame really.
  • Think im going to the Friday at the Astoria.

Making a weekend of it surely would be the way forward.
  • Just giving the new album its first play through. Thumbs up from me 
  • Not usually an Arctic Monkeys fan but I'm doing likewise and enjoying it too
  • Just waiting for the vinyl to arrive, but have listened to it a couple of times on Spotify. Another laid back one and, whilst I like it so far, it doesn’t feel like a set of songs suited for the stadium tour next year. 

Nice nod to a Charlton legend though with the Mr Schwartz track 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• I wasn't so much into their earlier rock/indie stuff, but this feels very carefully written, lots of interesting sonic ideas, sustaining of a mood. Would be interesting to read reports on how it translates live. Bold and commendable of them to change their sound and commit to it. Would have been easy for them to cave to the backlash after the last album but they've gone further and I think more of their fans will come with them this time
  • This is a decent listen - Alex and Matt talking through the album track by track:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001dgs5?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

• edited October 2022
    I enjoy the third track 'Sculptures Of Anything Goes'.

Feels like a spooky, slowed and matured version of some of the stuff they put out in 2007 like If You Were There, Beware and This House Is A Circus. More of that in future records please.

Otherwise the rest of the album is more of the same of what's already been released as singles. Not my favourite but it's decent background music.
  • Loved their early stuff. Just played Cars and like their last album it's background music at best. Should call it a day. Very sad to see them dip musically. Unfortunately going the same way as Oasis. 
  • Personally I much prefer bands that change and progress rather than trying to play the same music (I’ve read many times they actively hate their first album now). 
  • Definitely agree that it´s great to see a band changing and even challenging their audience. Very few do that these days and often instead churn out the same old stuff. Compare that to the musical evolution of say The Beatles or David Bowie. It´s good to see the Arctic Monkeys pushing themselves in different directions even if not all their fans like it. 
  • edited October 2022
    Personally I much prefer bands that change and progress rather than trying to play the same music (I’ve read many times they actively hate their first album now). 
    Agree with that generally despite not being in love with this record overall. As a fan, I’d far rather they be taking this path instead of trying to write another Dancefloor or Mardy Bum.

They’re still playing a few tracks from that first album so I think they’ve softened on it lately.
  • not a fan of the new stuff and havent bothered with tickets for the shows next year. 
  • Since when is sounding like Divine Comedy but without the humour a musical progression ?