Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Queen (The film)

Saw it last night. I enjoyed it. I admit I am a royalist and didn't like Di one little bit.
The bloke who plays Blair has got him right off to a tee, Cherie must have been pleased with her casting! Alistair Campbell was brilliantly snidey.
But for me Prince Phillip stole the whole show, blimey he said everything I did at the time!
The Queen mum and Charles were hysterical.
I don't like Helen Mirren but she is an excellent actress, so good that I even forgot it was her playing the lead - a superb performance.

I laughed out loud a few times, not sure that was the film makers intentions, but as I said, I enjoyed it.

Comments

• funny that, i watched it last night as well!

totally felt for the Queen. Liked Diana myself but thought that the whole emotional hysteria when she died was way OTT.

quality film and like you say, some great acting.
  • the blair actor also played david frost in frost/nixon - was excellent in that too. i might be wrong but im pretty sure i heard that he'd be playing brian clough in the film of the damned utd, which I haven't read, but definitely would go to see. i thought the film was a tad over-rated, but i did get quite annoyed that the queen was forced to bend to public pressure in the end. charles was made to look a bit of a prat really, i wonder if it was a fair picture of him
  • He also played Kenneth Williams in a TV film. He is frighteningly good.
    Some parts of the film were like watching Spitting Image!
  • [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    I don't like Helen Mirren but she is an excellent actress, so good that I even forgot it was her playing the lead - a superb performance.

Why don't you like her? I think she's gorgeous - dead intelligent, just the right side of opinionated and certainly the only woman over sixty I've ever found attractive.
  • I don't like her because to me she is a haggard old leftie luvvy cow. I do not find her in the least bit attractive.
    To me she made her name out of always getting her kit off. I didn't even fancy her in The Long Good Friday.
    I think she is ugly.
  • Say what you feel Dave, say what you feel...

:o)

Personally I think she's lush - and I don't think she's what you'd call hard left exactly - though she does have some political leanings to the left she's hardly Glenda Jackson!
  • i wouldn,t piss on the royal family,and like harrys going anywhere near the frontline,frauds the lot of em,cromwell got rid of em should have stayed like that.
  • i have a spliff i meant would not piss on them if they were on fire,the germans gits.