Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stirling Albion Meerkats?

Scottish FA is said to be moving to stop the selling of team naming rights following the discussion between Stirling Albion fans and compare the market.com to rename the team Stirling Albion Meerkats

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/8471740.stm

Would never happen in England.

Or could it?

Portsmouth Ocean Finance FC

Comments

• QPR Comedy Hour FC
  • Would rather go out of business than sell out like that.
  • Isnt there a Red Bull Salzburg?.....presuming its the same type of thing.
  • Only a matter of time before it happens in England.

I wonder what MOG makes of this!
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Only a matter of time before it happens in England.

?
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Ajax :-)
    Yeah, they sold out & became Cif! ;-p
  • Its Stirling not Sterling by the way...........

Got to put you right as its my old mans hometown club, he widnae be pleased otherwise!
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Isnt there a Red Bull Salzburg?.....presuming its the same type of thing.

Is there any difference between Red Bull Salzburg and Red Bull NY's kit???
  • edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: QatarNapsy[/cite]Its Stirling not Sterling by the way...........

Got to put you right as its my old mans hometown club, he widnae be pleased otherwise!

Duly changed. Silly mistake to make.
  • Sponsored links:

• What about Waterford Crystal Palace. Both pretentious beyond belief and both going down the pan - a perfect match.
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Only a matter of time before it happens in England.

?
    I'm disappointed. I thought an East Sterlingshire fan would have something to say about it!
  • [cite]Posted By: QatarNapsy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Isnt there a Red Bull Salzburg?.....presuming its the same type of thing.

Is there any difference between Red Bull Salzburg and Red Bull NY's kit???

Nope, exactly the same!!...Even the badge is almost identical (simply the name underneath is different!)
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Only a matter of time before it happens in England.

?
    I'm disappointed. I thought an East Sterlingshire fan would have something to say about it!

Right, Sorry FOD.
    Thought you wanted a "link" or something......

"We" don't really worry about "Stirling", "We're" just shocked that The Shire have been in the Top 3 all season !
    ;-)
  • Bayer Leverkusen
  • Airbus UK play in the Welsh Premier(sic) League! Don't see that the SFA would have a chance of stopping this if Stirling wanted to do it.
  • Looks like Stirling are on their way out as well. How can a club that gets crowds of about 1-2k end up 1.5m in debt?!

Homeless