Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grand Designs

Anyone see this last night - the man with the houseboat?

What a complete and utter w****r!

Comments

• No, I missed it but my wife said that for the first time the design didn't come off. Good programme but you have some right tosser on it.
  • I wouldn't have put you down as a Grand Designs type of bloke Off_It (not that we've met). Had you down as more of a "Most Haunted" and "Road Wars" after getting back from the boozer with a doner in hand ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]I wouldn't have put you down as a Grand Designs type of bloke Off_It (not that we've met). Had you down as more of a "Most Haunted" and "Road Wars" after getting back from the boozer with a doner in hand ;-)

Ha ha - "When police chases go wrong 16"!

I love a bit of Grand Designs. My favourite one was when the Germans turned up and built the kit house in three days flat. They might've done it quicker but although they'd driven through the night from Germany to get there to start the job at 7am, they had to wait for over three hours for the (English) crane driver to turn up from a couple of miles down the road because he got lost!
  • One of my favourite programs but the boat guy hadn't a clue. Its the first time Ive watched the prog when it house has not been completed. Has anybody know whether its now one of the junk boats down in medway?
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]I wouldn't have put you down as a Grand Designs type of bloke Off_It (not that we've met). Had you down as more of a "Most Haunted" and "Road Wars" after getting back from the boozer with a doner in hand ;-)

Ha ha - "When police chases go wrong 16"!

I love a bit of Grand Designs. My favourite one was when the Germans turned up and built the kit house in three days flat. They might've done it quicker but although they'd driven through the night from Germany to get there to start the job at 7am, they had to wait for over three hours for the (English) crane driver to turn up from a couple of miles down the road because he got lost!

Was that the one in Scotland? Yeh saw that...

Talking of Kit Houses have you seen IKEA are now selling flat pack houses for around £70k?
  • Quality Tv, but that must have been the worst episode ever!!!
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite] Was that the one in Scotland? Yeh saw that...

Talking of Kit Houses have you seen IKEA are now selling flat pack houses for around £70k?

Here's your interesting fact for the day. A kit house is standard rated for VAT purposes if you buy it and put it up yourself, but zero-rated if you get the supplier to put it up for you. I thank you.
  • Yeah, the german kit house was good. Wouldn't mind one myself.
  • Typical social worker type - thinks he knows what he's doing, ignores all advice and wisdom and ends up cocking it up...sod him, but what about his poor kids who now have to live like that? If he can't even look after his own family, then wtf is he doing advising others?

Anyway, I love Grand Designs, I must be old...and ER tonight - up there with the West Wing as the best show on TV ever. FACT.
  • I saw it, like a bit of Grand Designs. I thought it was good for a change to have a project on a relatively small budget, it probably will work out okay in the end despite his cavalier attitude.

and weren't those windows shocking?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Yeah, the german kit house was good. Wouldn't mind one myself.

i liked that one. wasn't it called a hoof house or something. amazing the way it just fitted together. didn't they have to wait hours/days for the english cement to arrive?
  • www.huf-haus.com
  • edited March 2007
    Talking of Kit Houses have you seen IKEA are now selling flat pack houses for around £70k?[/quote]

just had a vision of some guy along with his wife trying to get a flat packed house into the back of his Fiesta. : )
  • they're also doing on line ordering/delivery...

in nottingham....!
  • i saw it as i got in at half 9 from work and mrs mcs was watching it, what struck me most was wondering how much he paid for his wife like?!
  • I have a sneaking fancy for the bloke who presents Grand Designs............................
  • I watched this last night and it was definately different from any other episode I have seen. It demonstrated that having a passion for something doesn't stop you from being an idiot.

It was interesting seeing Kevin struggle to keep the episode together when the whole thing was so far from being something his brain could process.
  • Oooh aaaah Mortimer has an iron-hauf haus.
  • He was a bit of a wally but I liked the organic/chaos concept, and from a design point of view I think it worked quite well, could do with a lick of paint though, and those windows were awful..
  • Didn't see the programme - was there any tiling involved, Razil?
  • Sponsored links:

• Jeez he had enough problems with the builders, a tiler wouldn't go near it..
  • Mind you what he failed to realise was his chaos approach actually made it cost a lot more, surely spending a lot less money would be economical and therefore more eco friendly
  • You what Razil, "from a design point of view ... it worked quite well"???

That would be the design where he put up the frame then demanded that it be cut in two to accomodate those disgusting windows - thereby making it structually unsound!!!
  • I rather liked the cathedral effect, yeah he did go a bit wrong of course..