Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Royal Tavern Mottingham

Did anyone see the article in the News shopper re this pub being open 24 hours? what a joke!They are spending alot of money refurbing it and are going to turn it in to a over 25s bar Thurs,Fri and Sats,now dont get me wrong i use to love the place years ago,but i for one would be narked if i was living on court road.They are trying to get the license for this today

Comments

• aaah my local when I was living at home. Still go there for a pint with my bruv when I am over that way.

Can't believe they'd get the go ahead for that to be honest ...... do they think over 25's would mean less trouble then LOL .
  • Ledge i use to drink in there a lot from about 84-2001,god what a lot of years that is
  • yeah I know I recognise you from there.

I am sure you know my bruv he was chained to that place for probably the same time - MENTAL as they nickname him you must know him.
  • Yes i do,nice chap have not seen him for ages
  • yeah he's all loved up got a 6 month old baby now as well he's finally grown up as our mum says LOL
  • nice nickname !!
  • All us over 25s should go there one night and have a knees up!lol
  • yeah i am up for it Tav and I WILL bring Mental.

[cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]nice nickname !!

Yeah it's cos he's a mad as a hatter - totally. bit of a bruiser as well .. just turned 41 and still mad .
  • I remember the coach for Bristol City away you organised Tavern,drinking in there at 7 in the morning.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]I remember the coach for Bristol City away you organised Tavern,drinking in there at 7 in the morning.
    Yes great day that,mind you dont think the driver was to happy!
  • Sponsored links:

• No he wasn't
  • Mind you glad the coach had a bog
  • Remember chuckin all the cans off down the m4
  • Yes m8,what lads did you come with?
  • Lee Grain,Jamie Firth,Steve Cousins,Russell
  • what a motley crew.... :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Lee Grain,Jamie Firth,Steve Cousins,Russell
    Good lads,nice one fella
  • Those were the good old days
  • edited March 2007
    what's happened to Lee not seen him for donkeys does he still go
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]what's happened to Lee not seen him for donkeys does he still go
    Yes
  • Sponsored links:

• he was in the Oak after the last home game i think? tho memory bit sketchy.
  • Yer I sit next to him and Jamie,Lee is a responsible person nowadays
  • my dad's still a regular although he prefers the porcupine in the village now. we've been on the day trip to the epsom derby with the royal tavern a few times, great laugh.

they often opened 24 hours anyway, my neighbours keep finding my dad asleep in the garden on sunday mornings!
  • We done that one last year i think
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Lee Grain,Jamie Firth,Steve Cousins,Russell

i used to play football with a lee grain. shaved head, think he was a crane operator or something, bit of a loon on the football pitch (just ask oohaah, peakey or morts-genius). is this the same fella?
  • Yes it would be
  • definately,Lee played for my sunday team once and got sent off.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]definately,Lee played for my sunday team once and got sent off.

i once played centre half with lee and was nearly physically sick at some of the "tackles" he was making. so much so i persuaded the manager to change tactics at half time and play me in midfield just to get away from him. top fella though.
  • Lee's a legend and a top bloke.Charlton through and through
  • northstandsteve,
    russ that you mentioned yesterday posts on here occasionally, well he's registered, you might know that anyway.

i love lee, he did me a big favour once... tho i might think differently in years to come!!