Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Starbucks or Cafe Nero?

Starbucks for me

A tall Mocha Valencia with whipped cream and orange sprinkles.

Comments

• Starbucks for me too. I dont like coffee but am a big fan of the vanilla bean frap, whipped cream and caramel sauce. Also a hot chocolate with one shot of choc.
  • Never Starbucks. I like my capitalists small and local.
  • Starbucks is minging, the coffee is too weak, Nero's is much better
  • edited March 2007
    Both of them are overrated and over-priced. But if I had to make a choice it would be Coffee Republic
  • neither, places like this are for ponces, when you go in its full up with suits and people saying 'what what what'

so my answer is a proper cup of brew (tea innit) coffeee is for the yanks!
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]Both of them are overrated and over-priced. But if I had to make a choice it would be Coffee Republic

I'm with Valley. Try and find an old family run coffee bar witha bit of charecter instead (hard as they are disappearing fast)
  • Much prefer Costa to Starbucks, Nero etc. Lovely latte.
  • [cite]Posted By: Captain Spaulding[/cite]Never Starbucks. I like my capitalists small and local.
    Agreed.
  • With the Captain here too.
  • ScoSco
    edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]neither, places like this are for ponces, when you go in its full up with suits and people saying 'what what what'

so my answer is a proper cup of brew (tea innit) coffeee is for the yanks!

Right on bro! The poncification of coffee drinking is quite pathetic imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• tea, unless maid at home in your own china is never any good

all those coffee houses are overpriced. £2.50 for a coffee? you're all bigger mugs than the ones they serve the drink in.
  • £1.80 for this Latte I'm sipping this morning, tea unless it's Yorkshire tea ain't worth paying for
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Yorkshire tea

Well known tea growing region that!
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]tea, unless maid at home in your own china is never any good.
    You have a maid at home Suzi?
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Yorkshire tea
    Yeah, it's very moor-ish.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]

Yeah, it's very moor-ish.

It's a dale of two citeas.

Oh dear.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]

Now then Cheeky, the finest tea blending is done in Yorkshire. Proper cup of tea, none of this Red Label muck you get in most places
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

Now then Cheeky, the finest tea blending is done in Yorkshire. Proper cup of tea, none of this Red Label muck you get in most places

Sorry, bit grumpy this morning. I'll make myself a cuppa in a minute - approx cost 8p - and feel much better.
  • I normally get my latte from the local italian sandwich shop in the city with my toast. Sometimes (when hungover and unable to face food) i really crave a proper large Latte. Lovely. I think they are overpriced but I dont think im a mug for paying it, dont do it that often. I dont really notice the difference between any of them, i just go to the one most convenient to me which i think might be a starbucks but i honestly dont know!
  • None of 'em I just can;t understand why people would pay £3 plus for a cup of coffee CRAZY.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]None of 'em I just can;t understand why people would pay £3 plus for a cup of coffee CRAZY.
    Agree they are all nuts
  • edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]None of 'em I just can;t understand why people would pay £3 plus for a cup of coffee CRAZY.
    Agree they are all nuts

Apart form Curb It naturally.
  • All I ever want is a cup of fresh black coffee that is bigger than an espresso, smaller than bucket and costs no more than a quid. Impossible in the chains, they have to justify their prices by giving you a bucket sized drink. Anyway unless I'm knackered prefer a nice strong cuppa.

PS I did use Starbucks for a crappacino last year.
  • [cite]Posted By: CanadaAddick[/cite]Starbucks for me

A tall Mocha Valencia with whipped cream and orange sprinkles.

Saying all I've said, that does read like the most poncy cup of coffee I've ever seen.

Mocha Valencia?
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]tea, unless maid at home in your own china is never any good.
    You have a maid at home Suzi?

yes, his name is les_says. he makes me tea.
  • i make the tea as well
  • I hop you make him wear the outfit
  • I think I am with MCS on this NEITHER as both overpriced & anyone mug enough to pay £3 for a Coffee is a Middle class wannabe.

PG Tips Pyramids for me or if out any tea at a proper CAFF not a poncy CAFE.
  • ha ha im not just a mug im now a middle clas wannabee.

different strokes for different folks and all that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]ha ha im not just a mug im now a middle clas wannabee.

different strokes for different folks and all that.

Just Kiddin of course Curb_it, but seriously do you think that £3 for a coffee is reasonable ?