Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wenger Calls For Lifetime Ban for Gallas

Well he would have done had Gallas been playing for Birmingham and caught Eduardo in the same way that Gallas "fouled" Mark Davies tonight. There again Arsene didn't see it did he?

Comments

• Options
    And the F A have announced that they will not be taking any action against William Gallas. The Ref can't have seen the exact nature of the "tackle" because if he did he would have sent Gallas off so why are they not reviewing it?

Wonder if they would have taken action if a Bolton player had assaulted an Arsenal player in the same way.
  • Options
    It's a shame that someone can be so talented and yet so completely classless. I wish them all the worst.
  • Options
    I dont really like Gallas but i dont mind Arsenal or Wenger. Actually hope they win the PL.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I dont really like Gallas but i dont mind Arsenal or Wenger. Actually hope they win the PL.
    Exactly my opinion. Although Arsene can say and do some dick-ish things, I am generally a fan
  • Options
    And what would Ferguson have said if had been one of his players? I'm with VG & Si. Rather Arsenal win it than any of ther other contenders. Love them or hate them they are the best footballing side in the PL by a country mile!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]And what would Ferguson have said if had been one of his players? I'm with VG & Si. Rather Arsenal win it than any of ther other contenders. Love them or hate them they are the best footballing side in the PL by a country mile!
    Apart from Doncaster !!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It is not the wonderful football that Arsenal play that I question. It is Wenger's hypocrisy in relation to how he publicly hounded Taylor for what was a mistimed tackle on Eduardo and yet he and the F A are blind to the intent of Gallas's over the ball stamp.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]It is not the wonderful football that Arsenal play that I question. It is Wenger's hypocrisy in relation to how he publicly hounded Taylor for what was a mistimed tackle on Eduardo and yet he and the F A are blind to the intent of Gallas's over the ball stamp.

You would question him if he came out and publicly hounded Gallas, his own player, surely? Coyle has complained (as Wenger did about Taylor) so i dont see what the problem is. Im sure Wenger has had a word with Gallas as its not the first time he has been up to no good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]It is not the wonderful football that Arsenal play that I question. It is Wenger's hypocrisy in relation to how he publicly hounded Taylor for what was a mistimed tackle on Eduardo and yet he and the F A are blind to the intent of Gallas's over the ball stamp.

You would question him if he came out and publicly hounded Gallas, his own player, surely? Coyle has complained (as Wenger did about Taylor) so i dont see what the problem is. Im sure Wenger has had a word with Gallas as its not the first time he has been up to no good.

Wenger didn't just complain - he called for a lifetime ban for Taylor for a foul that was in no way premeditated. And no I wouldn't expect Wenger to do anything.
  • Options
    Hasn't Wenger come out and apologised though?

Sure I saw it on the back of the paper this morning, they were making a joke out of him finally seeing an incident with one of his own players.

I think he said sorry for the tackle and for them playing on afterwards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]Hasn't Wenger come out and apologised though?

Sure I saw it on the back of the paper this morning, they were making a joke out of him finally seeing an incident with one of his own players.

"I'm sorry that the tackle was not a good one". But it was worst than Taylor's and he was sent off with the associated ban. Yet the F A are doing nothing about it. Why is that?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dansmudge[/cite]Hasn't Wenger come out and apologised though?

"I'm sorry that the tackle was not a good one". But it was worst than Taylor's and he was sent off with the associated ban. Yet the F A are doing nothing about it. Why is that?

Thats a fair enough point AA, but its not Wengers fault. Its Gallas and the inconsistency of the FA.
  • Options
    anyone who likes the goonershit has to be burned on Blackheath end of.