Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paul Hart Leaves QPR After 5 League Games!

According to the bottom of SSN..breaking news!

Comments

• stupid! wat a joke of a club! curbs in perhaps now?
  • It makes you wonder about what is going on there. I've lost count of how many managers they have had since the Petrol Heads took over. I can only think that there has to be board room interference in team management.
  • Crikey.............I didn't even know he'd even gone there!!!!!?????
  • Would be an ideal move for curbs apart from the chairman being a bit of nutter its london, great potential and money to spend.
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]It makes you wonder about what is going on there. I've lost count of how many managers they have had since the Petrol Heads took over. I can only think that there has to be board room interference in team management.

Pretty sure thats one of the reasons why the Italian fella left. Saw an interview with Ian Holloway who still has close ties with the club and he mentioned that members of the board would come into the dressing room and interupt team talks etc. Cant stand these interfering suits that have never played football. Got a feeling Curbs would feel the same and wont go there.
  • Managers no doubt talk to each other - so obviously the jungle telegraph keeps no secrets about the way Queers Park Rangers is run.

Any prospective manager applies with his eyes wide open.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Managers no doubt talk to each other - so obviously the jungle telegraph keeps no secrets about the way Queers Park Rangers is run.

Any prospective manager applies with his eyes wide open.

He goes there - gets a nice pay rise - signs a nice long contract and knows fully well he'll be out on his ear in a few months so it's all good. Paid up and off he goes

I'd take the job in a heartbeat
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I'd take the job in a heartbeat

Paul Heartbeat did ....!
  • Didnt Curbs leave Wet Spam in principle, because of interference from above?
    Cant see him even contemplating repeating the process unless he gets a very detailed watertight contract.
    Though contracts do seem to be worthless when money talks.
  • If somebody wants to give me a 3 year contract and then fire me after 5 games, I'll cry all the way to the bank.
  • Sponsored links:

• Its the fans i fell sorry for. While the board and the managers squabble and change more often than the weather, the poor sods that go to Loftus Road to watch their team are the ones that suffer. Just hope we dont go the same way IF we ever get taken over. If we do ever get a new owner or board, they have the team and its supporters as the number 1 priority.
  • Lets be honest here it was a bad appointment to start with, I would be surprised if Paul Hart managed another side again.
    He looks depressed & defeated before a ball is kicked and that must rub off on the players, and some of the excuses he trots out for his side being beat are classics, I would not want to be stuck in a lift with him.
    Whilst QPR are a joke it is talentless, wannabee managers like Hart, Dowie, Gregory even Brian Laws (who won't last at Burnley) that milk the game dry.
  • Harsh on Hart to describe him as being someone who "milks the game dry".

Has a very good reputation as a youth development coach from his time at Leeds and Forest.

Did a good job at Pompey post Adams despite having to sell lots of players and the mess that Portsmouth are in.

Strange appointment by QPR but that says more about Rangers than Hart.
  • Hat seems a decent guy and is obviously a good coach. Handled the Pompey fiasco well and was sacked just as it began to look like they were getting somewhere, seem to remember they thrashed Wigan and should have beat Hull and Stoke in his last few games in charge. QPR is a mess and I think any manager to take over would be mad or desperate. Curbs surely would not touch them with a barge pole.
  • He doesn't get a break wereever he goes Hart does he that really not fair on him.
  • Meat on the bones.

Appears to be a player v manager struggle going on.

As well well as a board v manager v players struggle going on.

What about the supporters !!!!!!!!!

Queens Park Rangers last night parted ways with Paul Hart after just five games in charge, according to reports. Strained ­dressing-room relations led to Hart ­becoming the sixth manager to be ­dismissed from Loftus Road since Flavio Briatore became chairman in late 2007.

The former Portsmouth manager was brought in on 17 December when Jim ­Magilton was sacked, also following a reported dressing-room bust-up. Mick Harford, Hart's assistant manager, is expected to step back into the breach for tomorrow's trip to Blackpool, according to the Daily Telegraph. The 50-year-old has previously been ­caretaker at ­Loftus Road after John ­Gregory was sacked in 2007.

Luigi De Canio holds the distinction of being the longest serving manager under Briatore's chairmanship. The Italian was in charge for 35 games, yielding just 12 wins, between late October 2007, when he took over from Harford's first stint as caretaker, and his exit in May 2008.

Hart's position at QPR is reported to have been undermined by a breakdown in relations with Adel Taarabt, a 20-year-old Moroccan midfielder on loan from ­Tottenham Hotspur, who has scored four goals this season.

Taarabt is said to have voiced his displeasure at having only started twice and made one further appearance as a substitute in Hart's five games as manager. Hart's reported demise at the hands of a dressing-room power struggle echoes that of his ­predecessor, Magilton, who left after a falling out with the midfielder Akos Buzsaky. The former Ipswich manager was in charge for 24 games between April and December last year.

QPR's record under Hart reads one win and two draws. His last game in charge saw QPR concede three goals in 70 minutes at home to Sheffield United in a 3-2 defeat to be eliminated in the FA Cup fourth round on Tuesday night. The club had let a lead slip for United to force the replay in their previous game. QPR sit in 10th in the Championship, four points on the play-offs, and have a goal difference of just two and a poor defensive record.

Hart is reported to have been appointed on a short-term basis until the end of the season and spent part of ­yesterday in discussions with his legal representatives to negotiate the terms of his departure. For Hart, the dismissal is his second departure from a managerial job following his exit from Portsmouth in November after 30 games in charge.
  • Sums up the circus that is QPR!

The board appear to be a nightmare, I think they like to think of themselves as the Man city of London!. The board should have bought Arsenal, but wanted to get a bargain, (and Wenger would not have accepted this) and thought they could 'persuade' everyone that there cash could buy success. I have to hope that they fail, not only because of the people involved but the message it send's out to player's and others that football is just down to money!. Yes we know they are rich and this is loose channge to the individuals involved, but they have screwed up so far!

I think most people realise that the board want to select the team/ who plays/ How they play....... etc.

Absurd position, by egotistical board.
  • [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Sums up the circus that is QPR!

The board appear to be a nightmare,

Absurd position, by egotistical board.

Their Board is evidently one problem, Ken - but also player power is evidently out of control.

Let alone a 20 year old kid on loan from a Prem club giving a manager grief because he only featured 3 times in 5 games.
    Should knuckle down and prove he's worth his place.

Spoilt brat!
  • Agree Oggy......
    That was why I mentioned. "not only because of the people involved but the message it send's out to player's and others that football is just down to money!"
    Or even the player's agent maybe!.....
    Must say I have an overridding intrest in Charlton, but this type of nonsense effects and infects the game as it is today.
    Everybody wants instant success in today's game, in three games you go from hero to zero!

I am as impatient as the next person but 5 games is a nonsense, the board have to take responsibility for this, they appointed the manager.
    This is what it says on wicki.........
    In December 2007, Briatore and Ecclestone were joined as co-owners of QPR by multi-billionaire Lakshmi Mittal, the 4th richest person in the world, who bought 20% of the club [2]
    Following Briatore's ban from FIA, the Football League requested that FIA provide details of its investigation. The Football League could force Briatore out of QPR under rules that stipulate a club owner must be a "fit and proper person." The Football League also has the power to ban owners who have been banned from another sporting organisation.[33] The Football League board discussed the matter on 8 October 2009 and declared that they would be awaiting a response from Briatore to various questions before commenting further.
    Amazing that he is now going to sue Nelson Piquet and his case against the FIA goes on and on..........
  • Just checked the latets odds and see Paul Hart on there, cant say i have seen him mentioned on here but think he woudl be worth consideration.
  • Sponsored links:

• In all fairness I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole

He seems to have adopted a "firefighter" tag with his roles at Portsmouth and Palace last season. I'm afraid to say in my opinion it looks like he's been engulfed pretty much everywhere he's been.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]In all fairness I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole

He seems to have adopted a "firefighter" tag with his roles at Portsmouth and Palace last season. I'm afraid to say in my opinion it looks like he's been engulfed pretty much everywhere he's been.

This.
  • no more palarse connections please - that's why we are in L1
  • No,

If Hart, Megson or Laws become the next manager I will have to re-think what I do on a saturday afternoon, the three of them could not manage a team between them.

You could add Mowbray to the list as well, all backward steps IMO, may as well have kept Parky.
  • according to the Sun, Megson turned down £500k @ year at Ipswich prior to them offering it to Jewell, so I think you're safe with that one !