Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tonsillitis

Anyone had it? Found out today I have, got a pot load of penicillin though. Doc said it treats most things, hopefully that'll clear up the VD as well, lol.
Blimin painful though, especially when trying to breathe through my mouth. I sound like Darth Vader.

Comments

• I had it a fair few years back and it felt as though I was eating glass. Early 80s cos II travelled to Swansea with it and felt as rough as a dog.
  • Any ideas on how long it takes for the penicillin to kick in?

According to the leaflet one of the side effects is "hairy black tongue" - Definately the first thing I'm gonna be checking when I wake up in the morning!
  • so you'll be waking up at the crack of dawn then???
  • i get tonsilitis prob about 4/5 times a year..
    Normally takes up to 5 days for the penicillin to start working.. main thing is to make sure u complete
    the course of tablets..otherwise its pointless

My 4 year old son started getting it as well alot..
    ended up having his tonsils chopped out as well as gromits put inlast year at fawkham manor..
  • Back in the good old days, when you had tonsilitis they had you in hospital and whipped them out straight away. I had my tonsils out when I was 8.
  • i've had it before too a couple of years ago. doc said it was the worst case he'd ever seen. and he was old too so i'm sure he saw a lot. it was only the 3rd time i'd been to the docs too so that didn't make me feel much better! like 1905 said, it was like eating glass. horrible horrible thing.
    got given antibiotics which i'd never taken before, but they made me get me something else so stopped taking em and sat it out!! grr!
  • Give you the trots did it Sooze? Or was it the dreaded black hairy tongue?
  • [cite] cafcpolo:[/cite]Give you the trots did it Sooze? Or was it the dreaded black hairy tongue?

none of the above!
  • They don't like taking the tonsils out when you are an adult because apparently arteries grow near them or something. Also meant to stop you getting ill with other stuff - which could be true as I am rarely ill except with tonsillitis which I get a couple of times a year.

I've just re-read this and it is very boring, I apologise.
  • don't ask, polo!
  • Sponsored links:

• lol suzi. tell him go on, give him full gory details.
  • edited September 2006
    Can you take Ibroprofen with penicillin? Its really hurting & I need some pain relief. I've used up my daily allowance for morphine for today unfortunately.
  • I had mine out just over 2 years ago...... so they will still do it if they really need to.

Good excuse to eat ice cream for a week!
  • when my son was in hospital last year having his out, because they knew the history with me having it so much they
    were trying to talk me into booking up to have it sorted..
    im sure they were just thinking more about the ££££ than my wellbeing or constant sore throat!!!
  • Just watch out for trouble breathing - I ended up getting quinzies (sp?) which are growths on your tonsils, on top of tonsilitis.

If you have any problems, just go to A&E - I ended up in the Lewisham ENT ward.
  • [cite] carlingaddick:[/cite]when my son was in hospital last year having his out, because they knew the history with me having it so much they
    were trying to talk me into booking up to have it sorted..
    im sure they were just thinking more about the ££££ than my wellbeing or constant sore throat!!!

Ad, if it's that bad, get it done mate - you wont regret it The op really isnt that bad (day surgery job). Yeah it's uncomfortable for a few days, but nothing major. I'd expect someone like 1905 to wimp out of it, but not you.... ;-)
  • Have had it twice & both times were when either I was run down or had been smoking particularly heavily for a while. Thought I was dying both times. Really feel for anyone who has it. Blokes also have a lower pain threshold than women so Get better soon mate.
  • Ketman your not wrong there, Mrs MCS is double hard att being in pain, if i chip my nail i am in all sorts of trouble!
  • [cite] Ketman:[/cite]Blokes also have a lower pain threshold than women so Get better soon mate.

i am speechless.
  • Why is it not the truth ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Ad, if it's that bad, get it done mate - you wont regret it The op really isnt that bad (day surgery job). Yeah it's uncomfortable for a few days, but nothing major. I'd expect someone like 1905 to wimp out of it, but not you.... ;-)[/quote]

A, im still thinkig of getting it sorted.. problem is im just too lazy to sort it out..
  • Oi Medders just caught up with your comment!! Do you want a fight?
  • [cite] carlingaddick:[/cite]Ad, if it's that bad, get it done mate - you wont regret it The op really isnt that bad (day surgery job). Yeah it's uncomfortable for a few days, but nothing major. I'd expect someone like 1905 to wimp out of it, but not you.... ;-)

A, im still thinkig of getting it sorted.. problem is im just too lazy to sort it out..[/quote]

Know what you mean mate, but these days it's an easy job and you'll be back on your Blackberry within a couple of hours......
  • [cite] 1905:[/cite]Oi Medders just caught up with your comment!! Do you want a fight?

Chill out big man..... have a nice cold glass of rosé
  • lol Do you know I really fancy a glass of red and as i am working from home I might just go and poor myself one.
  • It's a slippery slope... it'll be Babycham next....
  • 1905, your rep is gradually fading away mate!!
  • are you a bit cold? wearing ur special gloves to hold that wine?
  • Do you know suzi I cant find my poof poofs anywhere - and I am going to need them soon!!
  • [cite] Medders
    Know what you mean mate, but these days it's an easy job and you'll be back on your Blackberry within a couple of hours......

Oi Medders.. U know i fecking HATE Blackberrys!!!