Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carlo Cudicini

Can't imagine Spurs being too pleased at this. Surely a professional footballer shouldn't be riding a motorbike.

Crash

Comments

• Not without and extremely expensive insurance premium.

Dont really care about Spuds but feel sorry for Cudicini, always liked him as a player
  • As far as I know they are not allowed to ride a motorcycle.
    I know they cannot ski and I'm sure there are numerous other activities which they aren't allowed to do....contractural I believe.
    I may be wrong but I don't think his club will 'bail him out' over this.
  • Fractured his wrists?!!...sounds a tad painful.
  • Obviously I hope he gets well soon but as said above, Spurs will be furious...well, having said that I'm sure HR will have a wry smile as it gives him a good excuse to go and buy David James now...something Daniel Levy put a stop to at the end of the last transfer window!
  • Could he do a job for us while Elliot is out?
  • He's blatantly done it on purpose, playing for Spurs must be too much for any man to take!
  • I know one Addick who arranged to install some equipment at Old Trafford the day we were playing there... He was talking to a chippy whose next job was to go to Fabian Barthez's house - to bang a nail in the wall so he could hang a picture. Leaving aside jokes about footballers not knowing how to use a hammer, it gives you some idea how they want them to look after themselves, with motorbikes probably not on the menu. Didn't stop Rio Ferdinand getting injured reaching for his TV remote of course......
  • Must be difficult for him to watch the internet now.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Can't imagine Spurs being too pleased at this. Surely a professional footballer shouldn't be riding a motorbike.

Why?

He could have been in a car and crashed and died what then? He shouldn't be able to drive?
  • Yea surely he can drive what he likes. But still blow for spurs.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Can't imagine Spurs being too pleased at this. Surely a professional footballer shouldn't be riding a motorbike.

Why?

He could have been in a car and crashed and died what then? He shouldn't be able to drive?

If you don't know the statistical danger of driving a motorcycle as opposed to a car then there's no point in pointing this out to you....Saw a lawyer on TV last night who said that pro footballers are forbidden to drive motorcycles or to be a pillion passenger....if they do then they are in breach of their contract as it clearly states it as a 'dangerous' pastime.
    If you have an accident on a motorcycle (even a minor one), you meet the ground and in doing so you nearly 'always' pick up some sort of an injury(short term or long term)....as I can testify myself having come off my Vespa GS a few times back in the 60's.....that's not the case in a car.
    Guarantee Spurs will not 'back him up' financialy or contracturaly over this incident....being on a motorcycle(no matter what the circumstances) for pro footballers( and all pro sportsmen and women) is a big no no... they should all know that and I'm sure they all do.
    Of course I feel sorry for the fella but what a daft thing to do and put himself in the situation he now finds himself.
  • edited November 2009
    Of course i know it is more risky to ride a motorcycle because some drivers and motorcyclists do not respect one anothers right to use the road, My stepfather rode a motorcycle for the whole ten years he was part of my faamily and he only EVER had one incident because a car bumped his rear tyre doing 40 when swerving to avoid a pigeon!
    His only injuries were a bit of bruising and a dislocated shoulder... maybe he was lucky or maybe the woman driving should not have been on the road?

Point being it is surely your own choice to drive whatever you want, just watch out for other road users!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Surely a professional footballer shouldn't be riding a motorbike.
    One of the things Graham Stuart was looking forward to at the end of his football career was finally being allowed to ride a speedway bike.
  • Dazzler...no one can prevent him from driving whatever he wants...however if he chooses to drive a motorcycle then subsequently has an accident (be it his fault or someone elses) he is in breach of his contract and can't expect to be paid.
    If the accident was caused by a third party then his only recourse will be to claim loss of earnings(ending of career settlement) from the other parties insurance.
    I think there will be a few bums twitching this morning at Lloyds!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Surely a professional footballer shouldn't be riding a motorbike.
    One of the things Graham Stuart was looking forward to at the end of his football career was finally being allowed to ride a speedway bike.

Good point Chizz.
  • It was reported that Cudicini was on his way to training. That being the case wouldn't it be common knowledge that he always travelled by bike to the training ground and everybody knew about it? If so, it seems that a blind eye was turned to it. Of course it may well have been the first time he'd come in by bike but its unlikely.
  • ah now i get what you mean I agree the club should not pay out,
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Of course i know it is more risky to ride a motorcycle because some drivers and motorcyclists do not respect one anothers right to use the road, My stepfather rode a motorcycle for the whole ten years he was part of my faamily and he only EVER had one incident because a car bumped his rear tyre doing 40 when swerving to avoid a pigeon!
    His only injuries were a bit of bruising and a dislocated shoulder... maybe he was lucky or maybe the woman driving should not have been on the road?

Point being it is surely your own choice to drive whatever you want, just watch out for other road users!

Yes you can drive what you like but the fact is a lot of professional sportsmen will have it in their contracts that they can't drive a motorbike or take part in sports like skiing because of the risk to them. Harry Redknapp has already come out and said he was unaware Cudicini even had a motorbike and you can bet that if he had known, then Cudicini wouldn't have been riding it yesterday.
  • [cite]Posted By: Tommy Dowling[/cite]It was reported that Cudicini was on his way to training. That being the case wouldn't it be common knowledge that he always travelled by bike to the training ground and everybody knew about it? If so, it seems that a blind eye was turned to it. Of course it may well have been the first time he'd come in by bike but its unlikely.

Indeed Tommy...that is worth taking note of....quite strange and remiss of all concerned if that's the case.
  • edited November 2009
    cue Redknapp start moaning about transfer winows.

find it astonishing a prem footballr riding a bike during season. But then dont shaun wright phillips and wayne bridge ridie big harleys as well

that said could also crash in a car and get injured so..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Jorge Lorenzo finished on the podium of a MotoGP riding with two broken ankles. Cudicini should stop being such a whining bitch and make himself available for selection. Run it off son.
  • Get Well Soon Carlo. Purrrrrrrrr.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Get Well Soon Carlo. Purrrrrrrrr.

Exactly Curb it maybe not in the way you mean!!!
    The right or wrong are for another day at the moment just hope the fella is ok and recovers
  • I thought Hahnneman loved his bikes and was on Soccer sat or something with them when at reading.
  • mark bright has said on twitter that he rode on his bike to charlton training ground. ill have to look up the words quoted but its a bit of a grey area he reckons.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]mark bright has said on twitter that he rode on his bike to charlton training ground. ill have to look up the words quoted but its a bit of a grey area he reckons.

After this episode with Cudicini I suspect this whole 'grey area' thing is going to be well and truly made black or white Curb_It.