Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Work colleague claims to fame.

I'm utterly failing to remember any humorous names of workmates, so I thought I'd take a slightly different tack. Do you have any work colleagues with interesting / weird claims to fame? I've got three
[ulist]
[*] One of the web developers took a couple of weeks holiday to play a zombie in Shaun of the Dead
[ulist]
[*] One of the finance and admin team is the sister of Bristol City striker Enoch Showunmi
[ulist]
[*] One of the helpdesk operators used to be in Pan's People
[/ulist]

Oh, and Lookout / AFKA, how do you get the bleeding bullet points to work?

Comments

• Reo Ferdinand's mum used to work at my firm

My Dad's cab company (where i worked part time) used to do all Reo's cabs aswell
  • I once worked with Mike Cole who used to be bass player in Mungo Jerry.

For the benefit of the youngsters Mungo Jerry reached number one in the hit parade with In The Summertime back in 1970.
  • Is it possible to get this thread back to normal?
  • The production manager at one company was an ex-football league referee, Colin Trussell, nice guy & full of great stories. On a sadder note the Marketing Manager's daughter was murdered in a very famous case (she was asleep in a tent in her uncle's garden - when a sicko kidnapped & murdered her). A student that i took on & worked with for 12 months is now a famous TV chef :-)

That was some company! We also had a film made about us - Lorenzo's Oil.
  • Bloke at work (I call him Frodo cos he looks loike a Hobbit) is the son of (somewhat) legendary musician Jim Diamond.
  • edited March 2007
    I worked briefly with the guy who was inside the Marvin the Paranoid android costume for the Hitchikers guide to the galaxy tv series.

I used to work with a guy who was in a band with Ewan McGregor

I have written scripts for comedy shows that have starred Emily lloyd, one of the main zombies from shaun of the dead and the strange bearded bloke who gatecrashed Prince William's birthday (who played a woman and was very pissed).

edit: and I once delivered milk to Cheryl bakers house - she wasn't in and was often late paying her bill
  • At my previous firm, BGC, we had former England rugby internationals Ben Clarke and Peter Winterbottom working there. Also Graham Cowdery.
    Where I work now we have Johnny Moore who used to play for Millwall in the early 80's.
  • we have the daughter of a big hollywood star from the 60's,70's, 80's working at our place. she is the daughter of the maid that worked for this star - he obviously put it about

can't say the name i am afraid but it is a massive name
  • A colleague of mine was in Radiohead when they started out at Exeter University. He decided to leave them to it and to become a lawyer instead...
  • i used to work with 2 off Nicky Johns son's
  • Sponsored links:

• One of our receptionists used to be in Hollyoaks and was also in 'Is Harry on the boat' which was on sky.
  • I used to work with Carleen Hughton who is Chris Hughton's daughter (well fit & very tall).

I also used to work with a girl whose real name I cannot remember but when she left she became Nazlyn(AKA Voltress) & did the vocals on a Jungle track 'Sweet Love'. She used to sing to us in the tea room, she had a wicked voice.
  • edited March 2007
    At one of my previous job's Peter May - former England cricket captain worked for us (spent most of his time on corporate entertainment junkets at Lords)

I worked with a woman called Shirley who was a pubs and clubs singer in her spare time. I turned on the tele one day and she was singing on Michael Barrymore's show

One of my closest work collegues came runner up in Mastermind in about 1987. Lost by one pass to nil.

I was at school with Jon Piennar - BBC Political correspondant
  • One of my best mates is the illegitimate son of a world famous musician (no names, News of the World may be watching).

Mates sister was a dancer at Stringfellows and ended up shagging Mick Hucknell on the bonnet of his mx-5 (that one did make the NOTW and she made about £20k)

Used to work for Simon Cowell - was briefed to praise all his acts before going into any meetings with him (and that included Steve Coogan as Tony Ferrino and both Robson and Jerome) - tosser

Otherwise spent the last 14 years or so working in TV / music / PR and so have met / worked with / used many a famous person and have lots of stories to tell, but I'll save them for my book.
  • I've worked with a guitarist in Brian Auger's Trinity and a sax player with John Mayell's Bluesbreakers and the drummer in the Monochrome set (while I was working with him).

I also worked with someone who became an MP (tory) in 2003.

One of my trainees went on to be one of the McDonalds Two.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]we have the daughter of a big hollywood star from the 60's,70's, 80's working at our place. she is the daughter of the maid that worked for this star - he obviously put it about

can't say the name i am afraid but it is a massive name[/quote]

Englebert Humperdink? That's a massive name!
    ;o)

I went to school with Lee Power. Does that count?
  • A girl who temped for six months at the place I used to work went on to marry the Crown Prince of Denmark and become the Danish Lady Di - wedding made the front page of Hello Mag among others. Beat that!

Danish Crown Princess
  • Englebert Humperdink? That's a massive name!

But not as big as Ephrahim Zimmballist Junior!!!
  • My current boss's sister is a Hollywood actress, she was in Flightplan and the awful Wicker Man remake.

The girl who played Hermione in the Harry Potter films - her dad worked at my firm but has now left.

My old boss used to go to school with Cate Blanchett, who incidentally recently got her teeth whitened at the place where my Mum works (obviously wanted to look sparkly at the Oscars).

Oh, and my brother once delivered milk to Cheryl Baker's house, apparently she was often late paying the bill!!!
  • my workmate said he had once dated emma bunton.
    but he's a bit of a 'marlon' from roger roger, (anyone remember)
  • Sponsored links:

• AkaSpankie used to work a few yards from the girl who won the first Page 3 Idol competition in The Sun
  • my old boss went to school with orlando bloom
  • i once gave john torode (the chef) a cigarette at a launch party of a music website as it was held in smiths of smithsfield. (he owns it)
  • good friend of mine used to go out with jamie cullum's brother (he writes all his songs) she used to go to the cinema with the cullum family.
  • Glen Johnson was in a house on my site yesterday buying it i think.
    I said to him 'You should have signed for Charlton mate'
    He said 'naa your sh*t'
    I said 'so are you' (under my breath on the way out the door)
  • Have worked with the drummer from Quickspace(indie band) also Dig Wayne and Dave Collard(Jo Boxers) Saul Galpern owner of nude Records home Of Suede,also bass player From Loop(Indie band)and others, i'll leave it that.
  • [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]Glen Johnson was in a house on my site yesterday buying it i think.
    quote]

was the toilet seat still there?
  • [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]Glen Johnson was in a house on my site yesterday buying it i think.
    He said 'naa your sh*t'

did he bring his own bog seat ;0
  • Oh crap! i forgot about that toilet seat thing!
  • [cite]Posted By: the_covered_end[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]Glen Johnson was in a house on my site yesterday buying it i think.
    He said 'naa your sh*t'

did he bring his own bog seat ;0
    your to quick for me PB.