Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why, Why, Why?

edited October 2009 in General Charlton
Why has Parkinson been given an extension to his contract?
OK, we got off to a good start this season but our form of late isn't that great.
There was no need to give him an extension, he hasn't proved himself.
He was sneaked in at the back door, not many wanted him to be manager and now an extension, I don't believe it!
The board should have had a look at him at the end of the season, not now.
So what if it all goes pear-shaped? Gonna cost a fortune to get rid of him.
Typical Charlton, stupid doing things that don't need to be done!

And....Millwall won, what a shit day!

Comments

• my brothers mate a glasgow celtic fan came down with about 3 of hes rangers chums to watch the game at carlisle today,love is in the air!
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]my brothers mate a glasgow celtic fan came down with about 3 of hes rangers chums to watch the game at carlisle today,love is in the air!

And they get to watch i higher standard of football than they're used too :-)
  • edited October 2009
    It's all going wrong.doom and gloom all around
  • edited October 2009
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]my brothers mate a glasgow celtic fan came down with about 3 of hes rangers chums to watch the game at carlisle today,love is in the air![/quote]

You're trying to start a row, why didn't you just say...your brothers mate and 3 pals came down from Glasgow to watch the game???

Troublemaker!

I bet they loved it......
  • What's the betting them scum are above us by the time they come to The Valley on Dec 19th
  • can i retort with - we are still only second ffs and if you'd said to me at the start of the season that come november that we'd be there, i'd have bitten your arm off and at least we aren't losing to man united now.

or something like that.
  • no honest brothers mate bernie a celtic nut and hes mates bluenoses,at least there be back quicker than the charlton fans,regarding the scum on the 19th dft at least were not playing them now,things may be diffrent by then...........saying that i wont bet agaisnt a harris brace.
  • bitten your hand off to be second in league one? i expect nothing but automatic promotion,i reckon we will do it,but this not the championship.
  • I'm getting annoyed with alot of people saying

'if you'd said to me at the start of the season that come november that we'd be there, i'd have bitten your arm off'

Lets be honest, none of us knew how bad the standard of football is in League 1 until the season standard. For the players we have, we should have more points then we have currently. Fact.
  • Sponsored links:

• in a nut shell.
  • edited October 2009
    Yes i'd have been exstactic at being second at this stage. Problem is carry on playing like we have the past weeks and we have no chance of staying second, or possibly even in the playoffs. As said it's mostly a poor league, i'm not saying we're brilliant but potentialy we are better than most in this league and in recent performances we haven't been.
  • We said that kind of thing because we didn't think that we'd keep all our best players, let alone add to them.

Not sure that we should be happy with a play-off place regarding recent investment in the team.

Having said that, Parky has done well to get everyone free.

All in all, I'm in the not happy camp.
  • [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Why has Parkinson been given an extension to his contract?
    OK, we got off to a good start this season but our form of late isn't that great.
    He was sneaked in at the back door, not many wanted him to be manager and now an extension, I don't believe it!
    Typical Charlton, fucking stupid doing things that don't need to be done!

Totally agree. I can see only the negatives in this. It's not as though we have to be worried about someone stealing him from us.....

is there?
  • Yeah. Recent form has been poor. I think our problem is depth of squad without doubt. I'm not sure that's Parky's fault though. He has basically strengthened where its needed witin our meagre financial abilities.
    As far as the extention goes, it probably isn't necessary. He's not the messiah:). But again finances come into play. His contract and job title was murky for a while. Perhaps this gives a little solidity now.
  • the team isnt good enough and we need money cos we are in shite recent results are not good enough and unlees we improve we are gonna be at best play off contenders.
  • Not quite sure the current injuries can be 100% causing our recent run of results as others are saying. Other clubs in our league must also be getting injuries/suspensions, etc too yet they seem to cope and are catching us up a rate of knots. Our squad, as with last year, should be more than capable of competing in this division IMO.
  • Jimmym, it wouldn't be Reading you'd be thinking of would it?
  • Agreed mate. But that issue goes above and beyond parkinson. I'm certainly not falling at his feet. He was a joke last year following his mates departure. But this season he has shuffled a very limited pack.
  • I'm not saying that it is Parkinson's fault (not saying it aint either!), my problem is with the board giving him a contract extension now.

I don't think he has done anything to deserve this extension and why offer it now?

What we gonna do if it all goes pear-shaped?
  • Sponsored links:

• Its a fair point. The way I understood it is that he got the job cos they couldn't afford to sack him after pardew. Can't see him getting poached. But maybe in the unlikely event of him going to reading this gets us some dough? Dunno
  • [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Why has Parkinson been given an extension to his contract?
    Typical Charlton, stupid doing things that don't need to be done!

And....Millwall won, what a shit day!
    what a boring fudging post nillwall winning kept us 2nd ffs!
  • Yes but they're very quickly catching us up!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]what a boring fudging post nillwall winning kept us 2nd ffs![/quote]

Errr no, your post is the boring one ffs!

Mine actually said something!
  • recent away form has been exceptional. No win since end of August, 1 win in 5, 3 defeats, 2 draws, 4 goals scored. Frankly I'd have given Parky a two year extension, he deserves it.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]What's the betting them scum are above us by the time they come to The Valley on Dec 19th[/quote]

Millwall will be above us come the 19th December because they have a manager who knows what he is doing.
  • edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Jason1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]What's the betting them scum are above us by the time they come to The Valley on Dec 19th

Millwall will be above us come the 19th December because they have a manager who knows what he is doing.

I work with a Millwall fan (season ticket holder) and a couple weeks back he reckons that a vociferous minority wanted Jackett out. A couple of decent results and he is the best thing since sliced bread again!
  • [cite]Posted By: Jason1[/cite]Millwall will be above us come the 19th December because they have a manager who knows what he is doing.

Do you expect us to be consistently one of the best teams in the league when we're forced to play the average League One players like McLeod and Spring because we simply can't afford more and better options?

Parky isn't perfect but he has a very hard job with a limited squad when it comes to depth and barely any money to improve it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Jason1[/cite]Millwall will be above us come the 19th December because they have a manager who knows what he is doing.

Do you expect us to be consistently one of the best teams in the league when we're forced to play the average League One players like McLeod and Spring because we simply can't afford more and better options?

Parky isn't perfect but he has a very hard job with a limited squad when it comes to depth and barely any money to improve it.
    Quite, how can Parky be expected to compete with the lavish riches that the likes of Milwall and MK Dons have to spend on international superstars.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Jason1[/cite]Millwall will be above us come the 19th December because they have a manager who knows what he is doing.[/quote]

Parky isn't perfect but he has a very hard job with a limited squad when it comes to depth and barely any money to improve it.[/quote]

That is not the point.....the point of the post is to ask why, at this particular time was he given a contract extension.