Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A2 closed both ways @

Eltham.

Comments

• that is not going to cause much chaos on a friday evening... oh dear.
  • not both ways:

closed
    A2 Greater London - Closed westbound due to serious police incident between Danson Interchange and A205 Westhorne Avenue, congestion to Dartford Heath, in South East London

Last updated: 30th October 2009 at 16:49
  • Hopefully the Central Line will be ok ....
  • Triffic - that means the tunnel will be fooked.......again
  • Closed from Westthorne Avenue to Danson interchange in both directions, hopefully I will be OK, work just off the Dartford exit and heading home towards Bluewater, wouldn't fancy heading towards Blackwall Tunnel though.
  • Complete standstill going into London outside my house (I live opposite Beths Grammar so can see the A2 through the trees).
  • Just got through to Blackheath from Dartford - absolute nightmare.
    Why were both carriageways blocked?
  • Serious "incident" and NOT an accident according to a copper I just spoke to who is standing on the bridge over the A2 in Glenesk Road. Still closed both ways. Part of Eltham Park closed to. I was walking my dog and he said I couldn't go into some of the park.Hellicopters everywhere.
    Serious incident means a shooting I'd say.
  • I'm sorry Chirpy but I've just got to ask, does your dog often tell you where not to go? :)
  • [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]I'm sorry Chirpy but I've just got to ask, does your dog often tell you where not to go? :)

That actually did make me laugh out loud
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]I'm sorry Chirpy but I've just got to ask, does your dog often tell you where not to go? :)

haha - quality....

it's an absolute fooking nightmare, just taken me nearly 2 hours to drive from Grove Park to Welling, every way you go is jammed solid
  • Got off 89 on the heath walked home. Nitemare.
  • So if it's not an accident, what actually happened ....?
  • I had to dodge a moose the other night driving home...bloody nightmare
  • Bus driver told me it was an accident-- air ambalanace on scene --- 2 dead.
  • I dodged a few mooses in me time.
  • I was in Eltham Park South when the Air Ambulance landed on the A2. Not a normal traffic incident.

Horrific scenario, apparently involving a chase on foot. Feel sick to be honest.
  • Someone got knocked down at Burger King at Fiveways too, so thats blocked as well
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]I dodged a few mooses in me time.

Me too.

Nice people - but had been hit with the Ugly Stick.

Well I must admit he does rule my life, I take more notice of him than I do my wife!
    Story on the street is that couple of kids were chasing another and he jumped off the bridge in Eltham Park onto the A2.
  • Not a good idea at any time, let alone a Friday night rush hour. Must have been desperate.
  • A2 open now but still sizeable police presence at Eltham Park
  • edited October 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]A2 open now but still sizeable police presence at Eltham Park

Is that news from you Chirps, or the dog?
  • Intrigued by this, must be some goss going around after hours at the pubs.

Please post any info on here as I find it weird there is no news on any local news (paper) websites.

Cheers
  • [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]A2 open now but still sizeable police presence at Eltham Park

Is that news from you Chirps, or the dog?

Woof!
  • Had a right touch really, normally coming home from Peckham i go through Blackheath then Kidbrooke park road then well hall then welling, but i had heard A2 was closed both ways so shot out the door at work at 4.45 pm, when i got to Black heath i went towards Charlton down Canberra road towards Woolwich common, but when i got to the top of Shooters Hill it was backed up to there, so turned round and went down the back of shooters towards Plumstead common, then down Purrett road to Plumstead high street, then up Bostall hill and home, only took me 10 mins more than normal, that could of been so much worse. Thank god for radio traffic report and MATT DAMON
  • It was closed because someone fell or jumped off of a bridge and died.
  • Sad news...... but
    I see the nightmare of the A2 continues....... There was a thread about this a couple of weeks ago, is there a day that goes past without severe congestion at the sun in the sands and backwards across North Kent!. not according to the traffic reports on bbc!
    As this road serves a lot of supporters travelling to the valley it seems strange that 'ongoing roadworks' , and parking on main roads seem to be allowed a few yards off the A2 Sun in the sands!. ( last home game) Fair enough if there is a gas escape, but not routine maintenance that the guys go home for lunch and pack up for the weekend. I once spent 90 minutes getting home from the valley to Bexley on a mid week game due to ' Gulley cleaning' . I appreciate this has to be done but surely the councils Greenwich /Bexley and Lewisham should be aware of the a sporting event such as a football match!, and schedule this type work.... Used to be cones outside Victoria way Springfield Grove when I grew up , now there are parking bays!.

Sorry about the rant, but how thie above helps the emergency services screaming about over these boroughs can hardly help!. What about free parking on the Heath and Woolwich common on match days, or does that take a bit of imagination from the councils, who are not working weekends and evenings!. Bit of joined up thinking needed here , and a road fit for purpose!