Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

One week away

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
So the kick off is only a tad over a week away (cant call it "big kick off"). How do we feel ?

Pos:
* Bailey, JonJo,Racon,Sam,Grey are still on our books.
* We have over 9,000 ST holders and will have adverage gate over 11,000.

Neg:
* Parky is still "in charge"
* We havnt a scoobie whats happening or not with the "buy in" --- who if anyone is involved ot what it means to CAFC.

Cant remember when i felt this flate re a start of a season.

Comments

• I felt like that to be honest but going to the Ipswich game lifted my hopes a little and i'm sure come this time next week when everyone is talking about meeting in the pub etc some enthusiasm will come back.

Then come 3.45 - i'll go back to the Lib with the life drained out of me!
  • I cant wait. Totally lost interest in the top flight football (started even when we were in the prem) and all the media coverage over the summer has invariably involved man city and the big four so have been pretty devoid of football the past couple of months.

Excited as to seeing how we shape up this year and its nice to not have any great expectation of winiing the league even though i am feeling optimistic about how we will do. Looking forward to seeing Dickson start achieving some of the potential he has with some conisitent performances and seeing jon jo put in a season that guarantees he's in the England squad for next years world cup (whilst still with us of course).
  • It's going to be great to see a load of kids coming through. I'm expecting another shit season but at the same time I'm looking forward to seeing something different. There's going to be some great away games next season, although it's a shame that Blackpool and Newcastle aren't on the list.
  • I'd put 'Parky in charge' under positives.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]I'd put 'Parky in charge' under positives.
    agree
  • Neg: still need another good experienced c/h in his 20s
  • Parky in charge is a positive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS what do u put under neagtive the Black Death !!

Parky as a positive bullkak.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]So the kick off is only a tad over a week away (cant call it "big kick off"). How do we feel ?

Pos:
    * Bailey, JonJo,Racon,Sam,Grey are still on our books.
    * We have over 9,000 ST holders and will have adverage gate over 11,000.

Neg:
    * Parky is still "in charge"
    * We havnt a scoobie whats happening or not with the "buy in" --- who if anyone is involved ot what it means to CAFC.

Cant remember when i felt this flate re a start of a season.

Stop moaning
  • Did you know we have never played a league match on August the 8th....?
  • telling GH to stop moaning is like asking the Pope not to pray

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Does the Pope pray ? i mean if he is Gods rep on earth he probably dont have to pray.

im stating a fact its not a moan Parky is shit and im judging him on RESULTS.
  • Putting the old RTG on say Parky is fine now there off
    how many points will he need by Xmas to say it worked
    not being negative just practical I hope he is mustard
    but if not then we must learn from the past couple
    of seasons. 30 points the marker ?
  • Personally, I am now really looking forward to it. I have managed to see 3 games this pre-season, best ever effort before was 2 and I have witnessed for the first time how the player's fitness levels pick up and sharpness returns. We have gotten rid of Ambrose, who wound me up silly and some other fringe players we wither never saw or barely saw.

Holland is reaching the end of his career after a great living in football and Zheng and Fortune have very understandably decided that League 1 life on much lower wages is not for them.

But to be 1 week away and to have signed three new players in Richardson, Llera and Dailly (all who have looked fine) and to still have the likes of Racon, Semedo, Jonjo, Bailey, Youga, Elliott, Basey, Dickson and Burton for a League 1 campaign with hopefully a few more to come, I am genuinely optimistic. The demons as I keep saying seem to have been dragged out of this squad and they are looking a lot better for it.

I just hope all of the above are around in 1 weeks time. If not, my optimism will be dampened.