Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PR disaster this summer

edited July 2009 in General Charlton
The O/S has just announced the new away kit won't be shown this week - the final day of the week - after asking fans to 'keep an eye' out for it ahead of the Bournemouth game.

This really is poor - following up from the pathetic teaser campaign for the home kit.

A summer of media silence about the takeover (which I understand) is frustrating enough without being wound up about the kits.

Comments

• Oh yeah, not being shown an away kit is a massive issue.

The straw that broke the camel's back!
  • edited July 2009
    Oh and they're planning to run a teaser campaign for the away kit too......unbelievable.
  • agree - if the team are supposedly wearing it tomorrow, how difficult to take a picture of someone in it and stick it on there.
  • kin hell

Does it kin matter FFS

Really people need to step back and think about the real issues we have

So what we dont get to see a kit
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]agree - if the team are supposedly wearing it tomorrow, how difficult to take a picture of someone in it and stick it on there.
    Agreed, what a shambles.
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]agree - if the team are supposedly wearing it tomorrow, how difficult to take a picture of someone in it and stick it on there.

they are not wearing it tomorrow because Bournemouth want to wear their own new away kit and it clashes. Can't see the problem here, storm in a very small teacup.
  • The kit isn't the issue.

It's the haphazard way the whole club seems to be run at the moment.
  • the club is in flux, whatever happens with the takeover we need a fresh start, with less staff etc we may have to get used to different levels of service - having said that we still have Joma as a shirt supplier which may be part of the problem.
  • Yea so just show it then.

What's the point in running a bloody teaser campaign next week?!
  • to deflect us from the non takeover issue
  • Sponsored links:

• anyway we all know it's the Inter Milan kit so just look at theirs to satisfy your curiosity
  • edited July 2009
    who gives a f***
  • its like the inter milan home kit like our old two tone blue one a few years ago
    happy now
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]to deflect us from the non takeover issue

If that's the case then it merely confirms the title of this thread
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]who gives a f***

Lovely reasoned response there Rothko. An educated man?
  • edited July 2009
    don't worry, ignore him and he might go away
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Yea so just show it then.

What's the point in running a bloody teaser campaign next week?![/quote]

does it matter
  • edited July 2009
    Possibly not in the great scheme of things but it does irritate
  • edited July 2009
    I don't mind the odd f up, and poor service due to our lack of money (rather than lack of giving a shit)

What I dislike is PR spin that is clear bs to anyone with half a brain, its insulting and a regretable feature of the new labour era in this country. I also dislike being taken totally for granted, negative (absent) PR as a customer and dedicated fan.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]who gives a f***

One person who ought to is the CEO. That is part of his job, for which he continues to be very well paid.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I don't mind the odd f up, and poor service due to our lack of money (rather than lack of giving a shit)

What I dislike is PR spin that is clear bs to anyone with half a brain, its insulting and a regretable feature of the new labour era in this country. I also dislike being taken totally for granted, negative (absent) PR as a customer and dedicated fan.

So the reason the club didn't tell us about the shirts is because of new labour? Overkill much.
    The pr person was one of those who went so I agree that we just have to get used to less information.
  • This is not a case of 'less information'.

It's a case of 'we've got the information but we're not going to tell you'.
  • i really don't see why this matters so....i think there are much bigger things to be worrying about.....

like when we buy the new kit, does it go in the wash with colours or just blacks?
  • [cite]Posted By: mrbligh[/cite]i really don't see why this matters so....i think there are much bigger things to be worrying about.....

like when we buy the new kit, does it go in the wash with colours or just blacks?

I always wash mine on it's own on a quick wash just to ensure the colours don't run and the printing doesn't come off.
  • Who really cares. I'd like to see it like anyone would, but there are a lot more important things for the club to be sorting out.
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]This is not a case of 'less information'.

It's a case of 'we've got the information but we're not going to tell you'.

Yes the comms team sat around laughing at you and thinking of ways to withhold information from you, just to annoy you.

Paranoia is a terrible thing, and encourages people to make dramas out of small Issues.
  • edited July 2009
    Missed the point there, but nevermind.
  • To be honest, I don't give a shit about the away kit because there are far more important things to be worried about.

However, this is just another one of those little things that when you add them all up just makes me wonder WHAT THE FCUK IS GOING ON DOWN THERE???
  • edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]I don't mind the odd f up, and poor service due to our lack of money (rather than lack of giving a shit)

So the reason the club didn't tell us about the shirts is because of new labour? Overkill much.
    The pr person was one of those who went so I agree that we just have to get used to less information.

I couldn't say 100% it was just a general comment

I do think though due to other issues going on, a lot of fans will be at the end of their patience with the club, which is an issue they don't seem to concerned about.
  • I heard it was because the manufacturers had printed KRabS on the shirts by mistake....