Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sir Bobby Robson R I P

A football legend has sadly passed away. His legacy will remain forever.

Comments

• Lovely man R.I.P
  • Sad news which we all knew was coming but I didn't expect it this soon.

A true gentleman.

R.I.P.
  • A fantastic true english football gent, will always remember Italia 90 in my lifetime when we should've won it.

Will be sorely missed.

R.I.P Sir Bobby
  • just heard. sad news.
  • Man, this is sad. RIP Bobby.
  • Oh Dear, how sad. Saw him on TV on Sunday at his charity match. Obviously very frail but you would never guess he was that close.

R.I.P.Sir Bobby, you were definitely one of the great football people of all time.
  • great player, great manager, great man. R.I.P.
  • Real gentleman of football...R.I.P.
  • Sad news

RIP Sir Bob
  • Sponsored links:

• as said a real gent, rare in football, RIP will be sadly missed.
  • Way to go, affection and respect from all walks of life and a thriving cancer fund set up in his name. R.I.P. Bobby.
  • This is really sad,

Great Man, Always said it how it was.

RIP
  • RIP Sir Bobby True Legend.. Shame Maradoona robbed you of that Opportunkty to win the World Cup... Loads of respect for ya Sad day for football
  • Lovely man. A great sporting life. Bless.
  • We were playing Newcastle a few years back, the Toon players arrived in the coach, we were behind a barrier, the coach pulled up to the barrier, my eldest who was about 10 or 11 waved at Bobby, who was siting at the front, he gave a big thumbs up and a cheeky wink and smile at my eldest, my son got on my phone to his mum telling her, he was made up....todays so called football stars can learn a lot form a true gent of the game.

RIP.
  • People like Bobby and Alf Ramsey were real football men. A disgrace how the faceless FA treated them. The football at Italia 90 was so exciting, so many talented players, some matches we were pretty rubbish but others like the Dutch and German matches were the best England matches I've ever seen. It's good that he made his match. Really did come across as a knowledgable, talented and most importantly decent human being.

RIP
  • DA9DA9
    edited July 2009
    So sad, a true gent, thank you for 1990 and the memories of that roller coaster ride.

My dad bumped into him at a petrol station near Blackheath Standard circa 89/90, spent time chatting to my dad about all things football, and was very happy to do so.

R.I.P. Sir Bobby Robson
  • Very sad, but he managed to do allot with his life and made allot of people very happy.

RIP big man. You'll be missed for sure.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]People like Bobby and Alf Ramsey were real football men. A disgrace how the faceless FA treated them. The football at Italia 90 was so exciting, so many talented players, some matches we were pretty rubbish but others like the Dutch and German matches were the best England matches I've ever seen. It's good that he made his match. Really did come across as a knowledgable, talented and most importantly decent human being.

RIP[/quote]

It was the media that screwed him over, pouncing on every mistake until his life as Manager became unbearable.

Wherever he's managed he's been a legend - in Holland, in Barcelona and on Tyneside and Ipswich.
  • Sponsored links:

• R.I.P.
  • Was the main man in football, R.I.P.
  • great football man absolute legend r.i.p sir bobby
  • I echo others comments..........a great man and a gentleman..........RIP Sir.
  • A Sad day for football. RIP Sir Bobby
  • Blimey....yes he looked very frail on Sunday(I watched the whole thing) but I hadn't expected this...............one has to think that he carried on just to attend the charity game on Sunday and having got the job done and said all his goodbyes maybe he decided it was time to go.
    One of the old brigade....always a true gent...RIP Bobby....RIP.
  • A true gent and a lovely bloke,god bless.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Blimey....yes he looked very frail on Sunday(I watched the whole thing) but I hadn't expected this...............one has to think that he carried on just to attend the charity game on Sunday and having got the job done and said all his goodbyes maybe he decided it was time to go.
    One of the old brigade....always a true gent...RIP Bobby....RIP.

My thoughts exactly, once Sunday had happened, he gave up the fight.
  • Very sad.... :-(
  • A true gent and a great football man. His enthusiasm was great and he never lost the love we all get as a small boy of the game.

I must admit it feels a tad like a member of the family has gone.

RIP