Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parking in Northfleet/Stonebridge Road near Ebbsfleet

BDLBDL
edited July 2009 in General Charlton
Does anyone live in the area know of anywhere safe to park near to Ebbsfleet station?

Started using the Javelin service, which is excellent. I'm not happy at having to pay £8.00 per day to park the car at the station though.

Comments

• Tight arse.
  • Yes!
  • £8 is disgusting, on top of the already inflated fare for the train itself...
  • I used Eurostar at the weekend and thought it all brilliant.

I'm the biggest misery and tightarse too.

Who wouldn't pay £50 to get out of Northfleet?
  • Keep it away from wallace park and surrounding area, other than that should be o.k.
  • BDLBDL
    edited July 2009
    [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]Keep it away from wallace park and surrounding area, other than that should be o.k.

Just found out that sidestreets around Northfleet station are already designated a controlled parking zone.

[cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]£8 is disgusting, on top of the already inflated fare for the train itself...

That's why I'm loathed to pay it!

Have to say the Javelin is brilliant though. My journey (door 2 door) was 100 minutes, using the Javelin it's 60 minutes.
  • Used it tonight to go down to Ebbsfleet, and loved it, wouldn't mind going down to Ashford on it, might do that for a quick shopping trip to the factory outlet
  • and I don't think the fare is that bad, considering how quick it is, and it's premium service
  • Only 6 trains a day to Ashford at the moment, they're looking to add to the preview service, possibly weekends soon.

My season ticket will work out at £3296 for the year on HS1. I'll get an PAYG Oyster for the tube.
  • Have got it a few times from Ashford. Very nice journey, 37 minutes to St panc instead of 70, though it is probably an additional 15 minute walk to work than my charing cross train and is another £8 a day. Will be useful for work trips oop north though rather than having to hack across London.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]My season ticket will work out at £3296 for the year on HS1.

Mines already £3200, without HS1 or tube, so I dread to think what it'll cost for that!
  • £3480 for my current ticket, fortunately free parking at westenhanger so no additional charges and walk fron charing so no tube on top. Price went up 11% this year, greedy basts.
  • That 11% was to fund the introduction of High speed services!
  • Why dont you get the Fastrack BDL or better yet a bike? Dont want you clutering up our Ebbsfleet with your vehicle ;-)
  • Bike? What's that?
  • if they ever bothered to build a footpath to enable me to walk to ebbsfleet from sunny swanscombe I would offer you a decent rate to use the car park behind where I live.