Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eto'o / Ibrahamovic deal

Not sure if this has been commented on previously, so I will don my life jacket in preparation for a torpedo hit.
It's been said Barcelona will give Inter Eto'o AND 35m quid for Ibrahamovic.

Am I the only person who thinks barca are getting stuffed on this deal.
In my opinion eto'o is the better player and I know he can be moody, but so can Ibrahamovic.
I have never seen Ibrahamovic play well in a big game.
I would have thought a straight swap would have been a good deal, not an extra 35m as well.

Comments

• That can't possibly be right.
  • edited July 2009
    Weren't Man City reprted to be after Eto for around £25m?

On that valuation, Ibrahamovic would be worth £60m!! As Friend says, That can't be right, no way is he worth that.
  • The deal i've heard also has Barca's Alexander Hleb going on a season long loan deal to Inter. I couldn't believe this deal either but Inter rate Ibrahimovic around the £60 mill mark which to me is ridiculous.
  • Eto'o>>>Ibrahimovic

Not sure why Barca would want this deal.
  • I know - I saw this last week sometime, but didnt know if this had already been commented on.
    Barca are seriously getting shafted if this deal goes through.

Does anyone here rate Ibrahamovic higher than Eto'o ?
  • What Mr One lung said. Ibrahimovic has never done it on the big occasion, be it the World cup, or when the Champs league gets to the nitty-gritty. Flat track bully IMO.
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]Ibrahimovic is a donkey , wouldn't give ten pence for him

lol spot on, he is shit, a show pony, and looks like a pony with his gay hair. Lol spot on dude
  • cant believe you lot slating Ibrahimavic.

Great player who has scored in Serie A on a regular basis. Is he also not a bit younger than Eto'o?
  • Barca desperately want to get rid of both Hleb and Eto'o. Hleb doesn't fit in - refusing to learn Spanish for example and despite Eto'o being a fantastic goal scorer his ego has upset too many people.
  • Sponsored links:

• yeah i agree think ibra is over-rated if anyone would say eto the better playa, mourful Barcalona if this is thier response to real madrids buys i do not think it is a good one, laughable really!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]cant believe you lot slating Ibrahimavic.

Great player who has scored in Serie A on a regular basis. Is he also not a bit younger than Eto'o?

Serie A is a shit league dude!! 0-0 in ell!! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • The point is: these are another two we have slip through the net. Sort it out, Charlton.
  • Why do we need Eto'o or Ibrahamovic ?

We've got Neon Deon Burton, Dizzy, Fleets and D.IC.K.O

Only 7 months between them

Eto'o 10/3/81
    2004 45 games 29 goals
    2005 48 games 34 goals
    2006 27 games 13 goals
    2007 28 games 18 goals
    2008 52 games 36 goals
    total 200 games 130 goals

Ibrahamovic 3/10/81
    2004 45 games 16 goals
    2005 46 games 10 goals
    2006 36 games 15 goals
    2007 34 games 22 goals
    2008 46 games 29 goals
    total 202 games 91 goals
  • Suggest we start negotiating the sale of Dickson to barca while they have their cheque book out
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]cant believe you lot slating Ibrahimavic.

Serie A is a shit league dude!! 0-0 in ell!! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Most seasons there's a higher average goals per game than the Premiership.
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]

Most seasons there's a higher average goals per game than the Premiership.

Not doubting you, but what source is that from?
    I love those sort of sites so would be interested to see.
    I'd agree with this. Suspect it's based on a couple of European/World Cup games in which he's had a stinker. When he plays badly, he really plays badly. He's definitely a very fine player, though I don't like him or his team. That said, I'd have thought a straight swap or even a few quid going the other way is a bit more realistic - the numbers in the story are just tabloid fantasy stuff.
  • His goals record speaks for itself, but I remember someone on here saying something similar about Luca Toni - 'apparently he is one of the best strikers in world except every single time I have ever seen him play'
    I still think eto'o is better though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Luca Toni is a very good player: horrible at international level though. Reckon it's confidence, or he's just a big game bottler.

I'd rather have Etoo of the two, to be honest just for consistency, but people have a false impression of Ibra. He can turn a game with a bit of genius which is what makes him so handy at the topermost level. Or, he can stand around in a sulk. He's kind of like a souped up Berbatov.
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]

The typical response about serie A. Long gone are the days of defending in that league, some very entertaining games last season. with regards to Ibra I think he is a very good player but can go missing a bit, that said some things he does are absolute genius and can be quiet for 89 minutes but do something so spectacular it wins the game. With regards to him not playing well in big games, would these be games against Man U. Lets face it Inter aren't on the same level as the English or Spanish clubs so its not really a fair comparison and to judge him off the back of only a couple of viewings again is not fair, didn't people used to say the same about Mr Ronaldo?
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]Ibrahimovic is a donkey , wouldn't give ten pence for him

agreed Shite,
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Luca Toni[i]is[/i]a very good player: horrible at international level though. Reckon it's confidence, or he's just a big game bottler.
    [/quote]

Bayern Munich play a different style to Italy, at BM he plays much further up the field - more or less as an out and out striker who is expected to score goals, with Klose and others doing all the set up work. For Italy he's used more of a target man who's expected to hold the ball up a bit and bring others into play.
  • 'Ibra' is dogshit, Serie A is dogshit, and Luca Tony (stupedist name in football Tony is first name ffs) utter dogshit.
  • Great input MCS

By the way it's Toni and I'm fairly sure that isn't his surname
  • [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Great input MCS

Cheers dude i do try.
  • I think the Berbatov analogy is a good one, although Ibrahimovic shakes a leg more often than him. For me, he's a potentially dodgy signing for a team that's operating at the very top of the tree as Barcelona are at the moment. However, on the basis we won't be involved in too many "big" games next year he'd do a job for us if McLeod got injured....
  • £40m plus eto'o for ibrahimovic to head to barca confirmed on sky sports news
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]£40m plus eto'o for ibrahimovic to head to barca confirmed on sky sports news
    That does seem nuts. As William says Barca are right at the very top of the business at the moment, so why switch from an all-action striker to one that's a lot more laconic.