Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

When i was a little boy, my grandfather bought me a cute little toy

What is THE toy that you remember from your childhood ???

For me it would have to be my Millenium Falcon and Stars Wars figures, though i was majorly into Lego and a little cricket game with two dice (one you rolled to see what you scored, one you rolled to see how you was out).

Comments

• Boglins, anyone remember em?? I had one it was great lol
  • Subuteo: Football, Rugby and Cricket. Me and my bruv constructed and played out all sorts of leagues.

AFKA - I think I also had the dice game. On one dice it had the number of runs, or if you got "howzat" you rolled the other dice for method of dismassal or not out?
  • Oh mate Stretch Armstrong was the nuts.
  • Transformers, Robots in disguise.
  • Tiny Tears.

tho i remember always borrowing my brother's evil knievel bike that made a right racket that i loved.
  • Star Wars toys were the mutts nutts. Favourite had to be the the AT-AT from Empire Strikes Back.
  • [cite]Posted By: Foreverred[/cite]
    AFKA - I think I also had the dice game. On one dice it had the number of runs, or if you got "howzat" you rolled the other dice for method of dismassal or not out?

That's the one ! Think it was called Howzat. Remember getting it from Hamley's.

One dice had 1,2,3,4,6,Howzat and the other was LBW, Bowled, stumped, caught, run out and not out i think.

I used to do test series, scorecards and everything. loon
  • eagle eye action man with gripping hands,he used to have it big time with maskatron.
  • I never had any toys when I was a little boy. Only a piece of coal and an orange for me at Christmas :o(
  • I loved my 'Johnny Seven' gun.

Got a cowboy outfit one Christmas - but sold it quite quickly. I think Simon Jordan now owns it.
  • Sponsored links:

• I painted a beard on the No 8 in my Charlton Subbuteo team.
  • my dad was a painter and decorator so when he did an empty flat (he worked for the GLC) he'd bring home old, broken toys that the people moving out had left. And you try telling the kids today and they don't believe you.

My "rosebud" toy was a huge plastic cannon that "fired" rock hard plastic cannon balls. It was on the top shelf in the local newsagents for months and I would look at it everytime I went in. Then it disappeared only to turn up as my birthday present. I wonder what became of it?
  • Was this last year Henry?
  • Does Screwball Scramble count? That electronic thing with the magnetic ball through the maze? Used to love it!
    If not would have had to been some of me mutant turtles gear.
  • i forgot about my hand-held Donkey Kong, in a little orange case.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i forgot about my hand-held Donkey Kong, in a little orange case.

Ooooh yeah...What about the other one, was it game & watch or something? Where you had to deliver the bricks over the two screens!
  • I thought that was DonKey Kong ? Carry the bricks, go up the ladders, jump the rolling rocks.

Or am i confusing the two ?
  • Yeah, Donkey Kong was up the ladders, jump the rolling rocks.

Then there was another where you had to sort the bricks and pass em down the conveyor belt to the truck for delivery. Classic.
  • It seems like last year but was about 1968 so get lost Addickted. Now I know you were one of those posh kids who's parents bought them a Johnny 7.

I did have a man from Uncle briefcase with a Luger gun and a code book and badge
  • Action Man - Eagle Eyes
  • Sponsored links:

• Pretty Lame really but any Matchbox Cars & the yellow roads you snapped together to create stunts with.
  • I liked my subuteo and used to compile various leagues, European Cups etc all of which Charlton ended up winning.

Strange that.
  • For me it was a toy car. A little Red Ferrari had it for years. It was the only one that never got swapped with mates.

slightly more tragically but not really a toy I remember a book I got from a jumble sale when i was about 7 that is still to this day my favorite book. A 50's style boys own space adventure called 'Stand By For Mars' I am waiting for the day I can pass it on to my son and have him tell me it's a pile of crap.