Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks abroad - What fixtures are you going to?

I'm booked to come over to the UK over Christmas and New Year and had earmarked December 19th as the one game I would definitely make (although I'm going to make sure I get to another one - Just not sure which yet). Of course that is the day we play Millsmall - I'm sure my meek mannered and friendly Canadian wife will love the atmosphere at this one LOL, maybe she should stay at home if she ever wants to come to the valley again.........

What about the rest of you expats? Anything planned yet?

Comments

• Wont be able to make Millwall - we will be reopening on the 20th. Mate is supposed to be getting married in November (over here) and I am best man, so got to force him into a decision as to when it will actually be, then book up flights etc. Watch this space...
  • Think i will give the Millwall game a miss aswell,
    Wycombe at home first game of season and if i can get ticket Hartlepool second game of season ground number 82.
  • Not an ex-pat, and not going to a fixture, but need to figure out whether I can make it out to The New Lawn on July 18th. Anyone have any idea how difficult it is to get from Paddington to Nailsworth by rail?
  • Work are sending me to Germany/Belgium in early October so hopefully will get a weekend around that time for a home or away fixture.
  • ps - Vancouver in your fair town on Monday/Tuesday next week - fancy lunch somewhere near Kits again?
  • Going to plan Christmas round the following four fixtures, I reckon. Two new grounds as well!

Saturday, 19 December 2009
    Coca-Cola Football League One
    Charlton v Millwall, 15:00

Saturday, 26 December 2009
    Charlton v Swindon, 15:00

Monday, 28 December 2009
    Brentford v Charlton, 15:00

Saturday, 02 January 2010
    Walsall v Charlton, 15:00
  • I plan to be back for my first game of the season early Sept. Bit disappointed with fixtures as I fancied a mad away game and have got choice of Brentford or Saints at home.

Might then try Brighton away in December and will probably be at home in January, so Hartlepool home, Wycombe away perhaps.

Will try my upmost to get back for March 13th too.
  • Down here in the Independent Republic of Cornwall ........ can't wait for Exeter away, 24 April, lol

Erm, Exeter's 60 miles east from my village and I don't know anyone there - so hardly a grudge match. But it'll be the nearest fixture for me.

I can't believe we are in a division lower than Plymouth Argyle.
    Charlton, how could you do this to me ...?
  • The FF are going to dedicate a couple of games to Ex pats...one was muted in October, but I favoured one around Xmas as thats when most people come home to see family and Charlton....I'll keep you posted as we plan to try and make it a special event.
  • [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]The FF are going to dedicate a couple of games to Ex pats...one was muted in October, but I favoured one around Xmas as thats when most people come home to see family and Charlton....I'll keep you posted as we plan to try and make it a special event.

You need to change your name back then mate
  • Sponsored links:

• more of a case of where I may not go. Huddersfield, Leeds, Stockport been to and long trips but may still go. Oldham I would not go to but being last game of season am hoping it may be a good one. Think I will be aiming to do the rest.
  • [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]The FF are going to dedicate a couple of games to Ex pats...one was muted in October, but I favoured one around Xmas as thats when most people come home to see family and Charlton....I'll keep you posted as we plan to try and make it a special event.

Great idea Tel - Millwall @ home it is then ;o)
  • millwall as never had the pleasure and any others that coincide with work trips, home and away and pretty adhoc.
  • Tranmere and Carlisle are definates Cant get to hartlepool due to bastard trains. Hereford in the cup is just up the road.
  • Was expecting a few trips back on over from Stockholm, especially for the closer away matches but the dates aren't so helpful.

Desperately want a ticket for Gillingham away as I will be back for a wedding the day before and the groom and best man (good mates of mine) are die-hard Jills fans.

I obviously fancy at least one of the Millwall matches as well but I guess I will just make a couple of impulse decisions throughout the season...
  • I'm in England now so unfortunately am unlikely to make any matches next season. I'm limited to summer for travel. Don't think a pre-season tour to Asia is on the cards for many years either.