Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Confederations Cup - wann see a massacre

Just started watching spain new zealand 23 mins gone spain 4-0 up.

Comments

• channel?
  • 7? BBC3 on digital/freeview
  • BBC are showing all confederation cup matches on the BBC website
  • See the linesman - some unbelievable offside decisions - or is it the FIFA instructing them to keep the score down???? Makes one wonder huh?
  • lol spain v nz what a joke
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]lol spain v nz what a joke
    The whole tournament is a joke - but its a dry run for the World Cup next year so that the Saffers can try and get things organised. They've never held a sporting event like this and need all the practice they can get - though it would have been a nice idea to actually make the football competitive as well as give the stewards a run-out! Quite who thought Iraq and New Zealand were a decent prospect I don;t know.

Quality bit of Sunday league officiating by the lino there - how he gave Riera offside I'll never know - irrespective of the result, that ranks as one of the worst decisions I've ever seen!
  • yeah have a dry run but do it with teams that will bloody be there.
  • Its the current holders of all the titles

World Cup - Italy
    Euros - Spain
    Copa America - Brazil
    Concacaf - USA
    Oceania - New zealand
    Asian Fed - Iraq
    Hosts - South Africa

Must be another one I cant think of.
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Must be another one I cant think of.

Antarctic?
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Its the current holders of all the titles

World Cup - Italy
    Euros - Spain
    Copa America - Brazil
    Concacaf - USA
    Oceania - New zealand
    Asian Fed - Iraq
    Hosts - South Africa

Must be another one I cant think of.

Egypt
  • Sponsored links:

• What was the final score dudes??
  • edited June 2009
    5-0 to Spain at an absolute canter.

Got to feel sorry for NZ even if they really took it to Italy the other night. There's only one professional NZ football team, Wellington Phoenix, who play in the Aussie A-League. Their domestic league is semi professional. I know Spain are the nuts right now and have been for 18 months now but NZ looked utterly awful especially at the back but then again not many defences can keep both Torres and Villa quiet!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]What was the final score dudes??

5-0. Could've been a lot more but Spain pretty much stopped trying at half time.
    Did anyone see the attempted clearance for Villa's goal? Comical.
  • Their once and pehaps only professional defender, Winston Reid, changed his citizenship to Danish last year and sounds like they could have done with him, though unlikely to have changed the outcome.
  • Have a look at this, from the same tournament, on the BBC site
    Parker, What a Fanny
  • Anyone watching it at the moment? Great game, an hour gone and it's currently Brazil 3 Egypt 3.
  • [cite]Posted By: c4fcdenmark[/cite]Their once and pehaps only professional defender, Winston Reid, changed his citizenship to Danish last year and sounds like they could have done with him, though unlikely to have changed the outcome.
    What abut Ryan Nelsen? Or has he got Ryan Giggs Syndrome?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Anyone watching it at the moment? Great game, an hour gone and it's currently Brazil 3 Egypt 3.
    channel?
  • edited June 2009
    BBC 3? Or you can watch it online on the BBC site. Egypt well on top - their number three's got the Brazil left back on toast.

EDIT - LOL - just been sent off for deliberate handball :)
  • Don't thinkitson BBC 3 as this only starts at 7 in the evening have to get it online - tonights match on BBc 3 as well Italy USA I think
  • Sponsored links:

• You can watch all the games live on the BBC website.
  • two great strikes from rossi tonight .. italy beat usa 3-1
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]two great strikes from rossi tonight .. italy beat usa 3-1

Came on as a sub and scored a blnder within a minute, and against the country he was born in.
  • Howard Webb made a balls-up in SA.
    Refs eh ?

Gave a corner, then,miraculesly, changed his mind & gave a penalty.
    NO HELP from the 4th offical !!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Howard Webb made a balls-up in SA.
    Refs eh ?

Gave a corner, then,miraculesly, changed his mind & gave a penalty.
    NO HELP from the 4th offical !!!!
    Might actually prompt them to use replays as it didn't disturb the game and was the correct decision (how he managed to miss the handball in the first place is another thing...)

Good tournament though - all the teams (except SA, who are hosts) are there on merit - I think in previous years there's been more invitations, but the qualification to this is clear). If the big three make the semis there could be some nice games as they're more or less full strength, but there's less to lose.

Rossi's second last night was a spanker, the little turn from Pirlo on the touchline was the nuts.
  • how the eff did NZ win Oceania, are the Ozzies in a the Asian group now?
  • usa 2 spain 0 in the semi final 15 mins left ... unreal!!
  • edited June 2009
  • yanks finish with 10 men again.
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]how the eff did NZ win Oceania, are the Ozzies in a the Asian group now?
    Yes they moved after the 2006 World Cup and got knocked out by Thailand on Penalties in the Asian Cup quarter-final. It's fair to say they are now the England of Asia.