Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Takeover imminent.....

at Stockport :-)

Who is heading the consortium ?

The one and only Jim Melrose

Comments

• Arrgh you total git!!!!!

Bloody hell Jim Melrose
  • i think he used to play for Stockport, didn't he ?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]at Stockport :-)

Who is heading the consortium ?

The one and only Jim Melrose

Bart.....what a nice way to start the day!!!
  • Christ i hate these threads!
  • You had me going there..................................for a minute ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]i think he used to play for Stockport, didn't he ?

I think he started there?

Always remember his grass allergy getting mentioned in programmes, always made me laugh, remember his hat trick at Fulham way back in early 86.
  • according to the 'valiant 500' he didn't play for stockport(well up to 1990 he hadn't) , he played for shrewsbury when swindon's chris kamara broke his cheekbone and his full name is James Millsop Melrose
  • The hatrick agaist Everton in the 3-2 win at Selout was better 1987?
  • One of my most favourite days.
    Melrose hatrick
    Sheedy 2 free kicks
    Mates 17th party in evening, and pulling his older sister.

happy days
  • Whoa, Jimmy Jimmy...!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]The hatrick agaist Everton in the 3-2 win at Selout was better 1987?

I was only eleven and I still remember it

Very happy days
  • edited June 2009
    March Jr's boyhood hero. ESPN showed an old Leicester game the other day and JM got a couple of terrific goals, playing alongside Lineker.Great hat-trick against Everton, still watch it on one of the old Finches tapes. Heard he later regretted leaving us when he did, anybody know?
  • He loved the club but his wife and kids had stayed in Macclesfield and he had to go back up north to be with them. Went to Leeds and then to Shewsbury. Scored 17 goals in 86/87 with NO pens - a top effort in the old Division One.
  • Sorry..sink mine!