Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The best Curry in South East London?

My girlfriend and I ordered a curry from Babur in Honor Oak/Brockley Rise. I ordered a King Prawn Bhuna, rice, indian mixed grill, pilau rice and lamb Dansak.

OMFG! What a curry! Has to be one of the tastiest, fresh and well prepared curries I've ever had.

Babur is Phenomenally good but does anyone else have other recommendations? I'm on a mission.

Comments

• i always enjoy khan's in blackheath village and then also the spice of life on lee high road. both get the tk seal of approval.
  • I like "Le Spice" in New Eltham (opposite The Beehive) - tasty & fresh :o)
  • speaking of beehive the chinese opposite tai pain is it? has to be one of the worst chinese restaurents ever food average and way over priced
  • Spice of Life in Lee High road is definitely the best in curry house in South East London.
  • Tamasha,131 widmore road bromley(opposite the old Hackwood hotel)www.tamasha.co.uk.

Excellent food and service,went last weekend and opted for the buffet which is highly recommended, great magician as well.
  • i think i know the one, has it got the big red canopy?
  • Star of India, SE9. Been there since the very early 70's. Just brilliant. Picked up a Take-Away their last night about 8.30pm and the place was chocha!
    It has come on gone over the years but at the moment it is the best.
  • Yes, check out the website, a bit pricey but good atmosphere and food as well as service.
  • my favourite is The Royal in chislehurst
  • Red Chilli Hither Green, there's one on lee High Road but is closed at the moment.....excellent...take-away only though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Tamasha Bromley for me...superb food ,decor and service....(smart casual dress code at least is the minimum)....hence it is a wee bit on the pricey side.
  • The other one I would recommend would be Gurkhas in Sydenham High street.
  • Recently got back from a stag do in Newcastle and tried this :

Ring of fire!!!!!!

Words cannot describe the pain me and the others went through.Only had a mouthful each too.
  • Viceroy Charlton Village!love it!
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]The other one I would recommend would be Gurkhas in Sydenham High street.

Me too.

(You local,ie SE26/23 ?).
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]I like "Le Spice" in New Eltham (opposite The Beehive) - tasty & fresh :o)

Seconded sir,a fine curry house,shame about the crap hole opposite
  • [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Tamasha,131 widmore road bromley(opposite the old Hackwood hotel)www.tamasha.co.uk.

Excellent food and service,went last weekend and opted for the buffet which is highly recommended, great magician as well.

Went there a few months ago for the first time and really didnt enjoy it. Food was very good but the staff were so rude and ignorant in big contradiction to most places like that ive been to. Was a sunday evening and pretty empty but got put on a table so close to the keyboard player in the corner I thought I was going to end up paartaking in a poor man's version of Ebony and Ivory on the yamaha mid- meal.

Still food was good and know people who go there regularly and love it so maybe was just a bad night.
  • Keralia in Trafalgar Road Greenwich. Superb really.
  • Indian Summer outside Lee Station is good but nothing beats The Darjeeling on Lee High Rd for value for money and taste.
  • Meopham Tandoori is the mutts. Tuesday night is banquet night. Well worth a visit!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Spice of Life in Lee High road is definitely the best in curry house in South East London.

meself , les and the real lee owen went there after the derby lifers coach thingy . There was only one customer other than us as it was very late , she was very drunk and tried to leave with her glass of wine . As she was leaving she turned to us and slurred

her , "you'd love to be Anna"
    les , "who's Anna?"
    her . "me"
    her to me , "I'd love to be you"
    lee , "no you wouldn't"
    her "shut up you w****r!"

mind you the food was ace as ever
  • The Bombay in Green St Green (near Orpington). Great curry - in Good Curry Guide.
  • La Porte des Indes

Not in SE London but went to this one last night - possibly the best Indian meal I have ever had and the retaurant itself is very different.

Very recommended if you happen to be up town.
  • Bengal Clipper - Shad Thames - SE1
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]La Porte des Indes

Not in SE London but went to this one last night - possibly the best Indian meal I have ever had and the retaurant itself is very different.

Very recommended if you happen to be up town.
    Had our works Christmas lunch in there a couple of years back - very good food.
  • for a takeaway can't beat Tandoori Nights next to Belvedere station.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]The other one I would recommend would be Gurkhas in Sydenham High street.

I tried to go there once, but they wouldn't let me in :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]The Bombay in Green St Green (near Orpington). Great curry - in Good Curry Guide.

over priced and over rated
  • Raj Moni near Sundridge Park BR is very nice indeed. Been there a good few times.