Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Football Club Finances

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
Whilst we are all concerned about Charlton's finances leading to yt another fire sale, I wonder how realistic it is that clubs will be piling in to buy our players. With the exception of ZZ, non of our lot are going to have a sniff of the Prem. unless they buy a ticket. You look around the Championship and with the exception of the relegated clubs QPR and Ipswich nobody has real money to spend. We were not the only club to have our overdraft facility withdrawn.

Comments

• ZZ is out of contract so we can't sell him. He'll go on a bosman unless some rich Chinese people want to sponsor his wages or that nice Peter Varney chap does what he's rumoured to be doing.

Another 10 are out of contract as well. Players like Ambrose, Holland, Todorov are going to have interesting choices to make.

There will be a lot of players out of contract in the summer and wages are likely to go down overall and especially at CCC and league 1 level.

A good manager might be able to pick up a few bargains on frees and build a half decent side.
  • With the exception of ZZ, non of our lot are going to have a sniff of the Prem

There's Jonjo as well, and Racon I think could play at prem level.
  • 'and Racon I think could play at prem level'

maybe in a few years
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]A good manager might be able to pick up a few bargains on frees and build a half decent side.
    He might indeed, he might also have a look at the rubbish we have!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

A good manager might be able to pick up a few bargains on frees and build a half decent side.

Do you mean Parky per chance?
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    There's Jonjo as well, and Racon I think could play at prem level.

I think Jonjo could be Premier League reserve fodder, but personally I think Racon is way down the pecking order for Premiership midfielders, when you think of the midfielders that are likely to be relegated from the Prem with the likes of West Brom, Newcastle, Boro, Sunderland or Hull. however, a relegated club could off load their expensive midfielders and pick up Racon, although I think we feel he is better than others may feel.
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite] Racon, although I think we feel he is better than others may feel.

i think racon is ok but not as good as we talk him up to be..... definitely not prem class...... yet!