Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parky Should win this !

edited April 2009 in General Charlton
'Keith Peacock's annual golf day at Sundridge Park - in aid of the Addicks' favoured charity, Demelza Care for Children takes place tomorrow.

Valley legend Peacock has recruited the likes of Phil Parkinson, Mark Kinsella, Steve Brown, Mark Bright, Teddy Sheringham and Gianfranco Zola for the day, which raised almost £14,000 last year.'

had a lot of practice, spent all season getting himself in a hole.

Comments

• What a lovely course that is, only played it once or twice but always enjoyed it. And the fairways are surrounded by houses of my dreams :(
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

had a lot of practice, spent all season getting himself in a hole.

Down in "36" is not good golf ;)
  • edited April 2009
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]What a lovely course that is, only played it once or twice but always enjoyed it. And the fairways are surrounded by houses of my dreams :(

I'm told that the old conference centre was being converted in homes so would be in the middle of the park. Not sure if the building is still going on but would be a lovely location.

My local course if I played golf, which I don't. : - )
  • I'm playing. Another day off, what will my boss say.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]What a lovely course that is, only played it once or twice but always enjoyed it. And the fairways are surrounded by houses of my dreams :(

I'm told that the old conference centre was being converted in homes so would be in the middle of the park. Not sure if the building is still going on but would be a lovely location.

Come and watch and support the charity
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]I'm playing. Another day off, what will my boss say.

Quite a lot, knowing him ; - )
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Come and watch and support the charity

Might do that. When is it?
  • Tee off at 11 drinks at 3 ish dinner at 6 ish
  • So brown nosing between 3.15-5.45 Henry
  • [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Tee off at 11 drinks at 3 ish dinner at 6 ish

Can't do tomorrow. Client meeting in Leicester Sq.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]So brown nosing between 3.15-5.45 Henry

Bit harsh on Brunello, IMHO
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

The "old conference centre", would be the huge white mansion in the middle of the course? when I played the course I was watching my p's and Q's as I have a foul month when I want, and I starting chatting to a very well spoken elderly gent on the next fairway while waiting to play out of the rough :( and doing the right thing I waited for his pals to play first, gesturing to me to take my shot which I did and thanking him he replied, "the place is full of fecking snobs as it is, without you making them worse"
  • I was told the old mansion has stayed but the 60s conference centre building up the hill has gone but this only a conversation at a party so can't be sure.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I was told the old mansion has stayed but the 60s conference centre building up the hill has gone but this only a conversation at a party so can't be sure.

I should imagine the mansion has a preservation order on it........what a beautiful building it is.
  • Parkinson is meant to be excellent at Matchday 2 on his nephew's Sinclair Zx Spectrum by all accounts.
  • Sinclair C5, more like .........

Picture, please Adam !