Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

edited September 2012 in Rumours
Nottingham Forest boss Billy Davies is eyeing Reading striker Leroy Lita to help his side. (Daily Star)

Crystal Palace are hoping to sign Sunderland forward Anthony Stokes on loan for the rest of the season. (Daily Mail)

Both formerly connected with us. I'd like either of the subject of these unfounded rumours to come to us.

Comments

• edited March 2009
    I heard Palace already had Stokes?
  • Lita would be great i know some may disagree but would add that cutting edge.
  • Lita would be good.

Burton/Kandol/Dickson have about a goal between them over the past month.
  • I agree about Lita, better than anything we have.
  • According to the BBC web site Stokes is a done deal and has joined Palace but I have not seen anything about Lita, I would have him back and he has been finding the net for Norwich (Loan) and Reading since he left us.
  • With Reading struggling to score at the moment (5 without a goal) they might well want to keep Lita
  • Shouldn't this be under "Rumours" ?
  • Noiw that we are back in the rumour season can we just have one thread for rumours, unless they are about takeovers?
  • Llyod Sam Rumours:
    http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/burnley-fc/127114-burnley-fc-and-newcastle-united-joined-in-race-for-charlton-midfielder-sam.html
    http://www.charlton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=199144
  • Im new here

Anyway, anybody think we should do our utmost to try and sign Simeon Jackson off the recently relegated Gills?

I know we have no money what so ever but im sure we can arrange some sort of deal
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]I know we have no money what so ever but im sure we can arrange some sort of deal

I think you've found our stumbling block ;-)
  • They can have the ultra brilliant Dickson in exchange!
  • Same thing was going through my mind as well, I quite like their winger as well.....Andy something or other...
  • Dagnall from Rochdale is apparantly coming to us, first I've heard about it
  • How about McLeod and Moo2 for Jackson, obviously we would have to fund some of the wages, but then its better than paying them all
  • Andy Barcham is the winger mentioned above from Gills, scored a cracker for them at The Valley. Been impressed when seen him on the box and imho would thrive in a better side than Gills.

Dagnall would be good but hopefully he would come on a free, is he out of contract?
  • Time to offload all the Pardew dross. Sack them all and when they sue us for breach of contract- have a very good lawyer sue them for selling their services under the false pretences act. Pretending to be footballers when they are all a bunch of Ali Daio's.
  • Orient signed Alex Revell on a free. He scored 6 goals in 11 starts, may have been worth a punt.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    Dagnall would be good but hopefully he would come on a free, is he out of contract?

I do believe so
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Time to offload all the Pardew dross. Sack them all and when they sue us for breach of contract- have a very good lawyer sue them for selling their services under the false pretences act. Pretending to be footballers when they are all a bunch of Ali Daio's.

Does that include Semedo, Racon, Bailey ........?

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Orient signed Alex Revell on a free. .

You never know what your going to get with Revell
  • Looked at Revells career record in the Swindon programme (guess they did not fancy him when on loan there this season), not that impressive although do not know too much about him. Could have been a decent back up to a main striker(s).
  • edited May 2010
    Chris Dagnall from Rochdale is a bit out of our league, surely? I thought we were skint.

Rochdale paid Tranmere £15,000 for him and will want to at least recoup their outlay - or is he out of contract?

Many see him as a quick striker with a very direct approach to the game, but he's only scored 20 in League 2 this season.
    He's 5'8" same height as Lloyd Sam.
  • Just seen on another Charlton forum that we have the second biggest budget in League 1 for next season.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=402&fid=17&sty=2&act=1&mid=2121551750&page=1

Scroll down to comment number 34.
  • edited May 2010
    Isn't that just a hypothetical list from hopeful Notts County fans about the supposed "big boys" of League 1... nothing to see there I don't think

edit: I see the poster is apparently the club owner, still wouldn't read too much into it, I see it as being his musings, I don't think even our board know our budget!
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Isn't that just a hypothetical list from hopeful Notts County fans about the supposed "big boys" of League 1... nothing to see there I don't think

Google Ray Trew, mate.
  • I beat you to it ;-)
  • Owain Tudor Jones is a player we were strongly linked with last year I believe, do not know too much about him but apparantly been told he can leave Norwich.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]I beat you to it ;-)

:)
  • From that Notts County message boar, that their chairman Ray Trew openly contributes to:

"'jjbwana' wrote at 00:17 on 19 May:
    Ray, just another quick Q. If we have a top 7 budget, we surely can't have £6m debt? And I presume Mr Curbishley is too expensive for the super Magpies ;D ?"

Ray Trew replied:"We don't have £6million of debt. When i took over the debt was £7.3m it has now reduced to £3.6m. I am expecting it to be totally eliminated by the end of 2010.

Mr C has said on numerous occasions that he will only consider a Premiership team."

Ah, our legend Mr Curbishley.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!