Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life FC vs Preston North End supporters, 21st March

Afternoon all,

We have been challenged to a game by PNE supporters, to be played 21st March at Meridian Sports, KO 11am. As per usual all are welcome altho, if we get 100's turning up, we may have to look at a better way of ensuring everyone gets a run out rather then making subs every 3 minutes.

They are an exceptionally well organised team and are current Worldnet Champions, but they've promised that the first team aren't coming as they're all on a stag do and so we'll be playing 'the kids' who don't normally get a game.....

Please put your name down if you'd like to play and then we'll take it from there. Ideally I'd like to get an idea if we can get a team together by the end of the weekend, so the PNE lads can book cheap trains etc.

Any questions, give me a shout.

Cheers
CC

Comments

• Can someone warn the neighbours if Gumbo's playing...
  • Count me in
  • Yep i fancy that 3 minutes should just about be right
  • I'm in to aid my best mate through another game, only this time making sure he doesnt get injured.
  • Im in aswell
  • Im in as well.
  • I'm in plus 2 others.
  • edited March 2009
    available

Edit: not available now unfortunately - sorry chaps
  • Count me in mate
  • Bump for anyone who surfs (should that be serfs ;-) ?) at work and didn't see this on Friday afternoon....

Cheers
  • Sponsored links:

• i will keep an eye on the corner flag if needed.

Dougal-_cornerflag.jpg
  • Definately - i love these games!
  • I played my first game in three months at weekend after injuring myself at the last one. Happy to play in this one as they are a good laugh.
  • I'm in - sounds good to me. Though, would prefer to play their first team ..... ;-)
  • Billy the Fish is available !
  • Yep, I'm in - now I'm gonna HAVE to work on my fitness again......
  • same here oggy lol All I ask is that we try to put in the effort Charlton would - Hard task i know ;o)
  • edited February 2009
    Im in as long as there isnt a ref.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]same here oggy lol All I ask is that we try to put in the effort Charlton would - Hard task i know ;o)

Trouble is, Dazzler ....... some people already think we are down. Locked on. FACT

Our record:
    Pl 2 W0 D0 L2 Pts 0

But we've at least one game left to play, and still a reasonable chance to finish the season without losing yet again.
    And we're bound to get in at least one more loan signing.

Good job we're not quite as bad as that lot down The Valley.

;o)
  • edited February 2009
    are there any plans to play any matches away from home?
    would be good to co-incide it with a lifers coach trip.
  • Sponsored links:

• PBS - currently there are no plans as I'm unlikely to go to any more away games...but I'm more than happy for someone else who is going to organise games on our behalf....
  • Its unlikely for this season PBS, but next season definately if we can get the numbers. Will look into it in the summer.
  • I'm up for this one
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I'm up for this one
    Only if your nephew has signed a pro contract with us by then. ;-)
  • edited February 2009
    Seeing as Jonjo will probably be an unused sub or not even in the squad can we bagsie him in midfield?
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]
    They are an exceptionally well organised team and are current Worldnet Champions, but they've promised that the first team aren't coming as they're all on a stag do and so we'll be playing 'the kids' who don't normally get a game.....

Why do I see us losing after reading that???
  • I'm in if needed!
  • Spoke to Gumbo on Friday Night he said to put his name down !
  • Is this still going ahead?