Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Prince Harry in new race slur

edited February 2009 in Fun, Jokes & Captions
You couldn't make it up. This had me in stitches. He should run as a BNP candidate after this outrage. (btw it's under the jokes category but a true story).

Prince Harry in new race storm
2 hours 22 mins ago

Print Story
Prince Harry has been accused of racism again after reports that he told a comedian: "You don't sound like a black chap."

Stephen K Amos said the remark was made at a comedy show to celebrate Prince Charles' 60th birthday.

Mr Amos, who has appeared on many television shows including Have I Got News For You, said he put comment down to a poor attempt at making banter.

He said Prince Harry, 24, congratulated him on his performance before saying: "You don't sound like a black chap."

"I wanted to say: How is I supposed to sound?" said the comedian.

The new row comes after Harry was accused of racism after he referred to a Sandhurst colleague as "our little Paki friend".

He was also heavily criticised in 2005 after choosing to wear a Nazi uniform to a fancy dress party.

Comments

• PMSL........ you can tell he's related to Phillip cant you?
  • bless him
  • Charles and Camilla, Elizabeth and Phil "Whats all the fuss about?"

_38223299_minstrel300.jpg
  • He's lucky it wasn't Reginald D Hunter, he would probably have chinned him.
  • edited February 2009
    Stephen K Amos ,That would be the same fella that goes on and on about being a Golywog and the fact that because he is black he is allowed to say it.
    TOSSER FACT!!

sink
  • edited February 2009
    Stephen K Amos does sound like a posh white man!

"Shaniqua - get over here" the ending line from his posh blackman joke!

Don't blame Harry blame Phil
  • True though.
  • Blown out of all proportion again no doubt!! Just saying how it is, hardly a racist comment!!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Stephen K Amos ,That would be the same fella that goes on and on about being a Golywog and the fact that because he is black he is allowed to say it.
    TOSSER FACT!!

sink[/quote]
    150% agree
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Stephen K Amos does sound like a posh white man!

Bloody Bounty

Don't blame Harry blame Phil[/quote]
  • LB that does nound racist lol

or did i just take it in a racist way??

See the issue here people!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Glass half empty[/cite]Stephen K Amos ,That would be the same fella that goes on and on about being a Golywog and the fact that because he is black he is allowed to say it.
    TOSSER FACT!!

sink

I find most black comedians rely on race for a laugh, like Omid Djalili cant stop going on about being Iranian. Much the same way as Jo Brand cant stop talking about being a woman, having periods, and being fat and ugly.
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Blown out of all proportion again no doubt!! Just saying how it is, hardly a racist comment!!

exactly. If I say to an Australian 'strewth mate you don't sound Australian' is that racist too ?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Blown out of all proportion again no doubt!! Just saying how it is, hardly a racist comment!!

exactly. If I say to an Australian 'strewth mate you don't sound Australian' is that racist too ?

Stephen Amos is incredibly well spoken, black or not, and I know for a fact a lot of black people of a certain generation would accuse him of "selling out" or dismissing his "culture", "uncle tom" etc, for speaking the way he does, so he cant win either way.
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]Blown out of all proportion again no doubt!! Just saying how it is, hardly a racist comment!!

I think it's more like you just come across as being thick rather than racist.
  • How does a black man speak if not like a black man?
  • Poor old Harry, does it really matter what he says or thinks. He's unlikely to be inherit the un influential role of monarch, his comments are only public because people (often those he trusts) reveal his comments, he never utters them to the press or dresses up as Hitler and marches down the Mall. I would love him to come out and support multi cutlural britain, but even if he does then it is not going to change anything.

Give the guy some slack, he comes from one of the leading disfunctional families in the world, his mother died violently when he was a nipper and since then there have been conspiracy theories that his fathers family were to blame, his parentage is often questioned just because he has ginger hair and looks like his mothers lover and he is not the brightest kid on the block - no wonder he is screwed up and making silly comments.
  • [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]How does a black man speak if not like a black man?

I think what is meant is he speaks like someone who has grown up in Britain, but does not feel the need to put on some false Jamaican accent, as a lot of young black (and white for that matter) people do. My mates Val and Pete are the same - sound the same as anyone else born and educated in Britain, happen to be black, neither of them has any time for the make-believe yardies, and neither of them come from upper class backgrounds.
  • edited February 2009
    Stephen K Amos is a very funny bloke. Pretty sure I've heard him do material about going to America and black people there being shocked to hear a black guy with his voice, and not knowing what to make of him as a result.
  • edited February 2009
    I bet Harry's dad gets really upset seeing him portrayed this way...................and the royal family.
  • [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]How does a black man speak if not like a black man?

is it not how he sounds rather than speaks?

How many other posh,homosexual black men do you know?
  • Sponsored links:

• DA9DA9
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]How does a black man speak if not like a black man?

Derek from big brother, Tory MP, and is Amos gay?
  • He sounds it. ;-)
  • edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]He sounds it. ;-)

What do gay people sound like then?

Just as well you don't work in recruitment! :- )
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]He sounds it. ;-)

What do gay people sound like then?

Just as well you don't work in recruitment! :- )

LOL
  • so what does colour sound like ? does it actually have a sound ?

pink --- sounds like pear cider
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RalphMilnesgut[/cite]How does a black man speak if not like a black man?

Derek from big brother, Tory MP, and is Amos gay?

Yep Amos admitted it himself during a sketch i was watching... Derek?? BB??? Didn't see it I don't believe?
  • Prince Harry is a ginger w8nker. Allegedly he is also a bastard. He thinks wearing a Nazi uniform is funny- so he is therefore also backwards and stupid.

Keep him in Helmand, permanently.
  • Stephen K Amos is a top bloke and he is very funny.

Seen him loads of times, first time was in Auckland at their comedy festival. Came on in tribal Nigerian gear and declared he was there to buy the Country. He absolutely slaughtered us when he found out we were from South London. Slaughtered my ex-brother-in-law even more for being a Millsmall fan.

errr - There's a recognised Australian accent but you cannot say that there is a recognised "black" accent so comparing apples with oranges here Large.

As usual this has been blown out of proportion and the media loves to throw around the word racism. Racism is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race. So what Harry said really fits into that meaning doesn't it.

Everyone loves the bashing the royals in England - Most people here bloody love them.
  • Poor Harry is as thick as pigshit, he certainly inherited his Mum's brains. I feel a bit sorry for him really, he is so out of touch with the world because until the last couple of years he has lived in such a privileged cocoon.

To think that people still deify and bow before this bunch of inbred Krauts is just unbelievable to me, the sooner people wake up to themselves the better.

The smart money here in Oz says that as soon as QEII corks it then we are almost certain to become a republic, once we go then the Canadians and Kiwis will surely follow.