Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Am I turning into my Grandad/Dad

DA9DA9
edited January 2009 in Not Sports Related
I remember as a child, my grandad (sadly departed in the early 80's) was very opinionated, and early memories are of him shouting either at the radio (normally some MP on LBC) or the TV, again an MP normally.

Now my dad does this occasionally also, and only recently my other half pointed out (or tells me to shut up when I do it) that I now have this habit of shouting at the radio & TV when I see or hear something I disagree with (which is most of the time to be honest, I dont like waffle you see)

Is this hereditary do you think, or am I having a mid life crisis thing?

Answers on a postcard please

Comments

• ha ha Mrs says the same about me

Your getting more and more like your old man everyday

Some one shoot me please
  • It's the slippery slope, Mr Meldrew.
  • I found myself shouting at the computer screen when I read that DA9.
    Welcome to Grumpy old Men. I've been a member for years - it's great :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]ha ha Mrs says the same about me

Your getting more and more like your old man everyday

Some one shoot me please
    snap
  • I proudly heckle many tv programmes that the wife makes me watch. It is the only thing that makes many reality tv programmes bearable.
  • I quite often shout at the TV - i'm only 31 so i dont think its an age thing.

When the mrs is watching Eastenders, Holyoaks and the like, i quite often shout out how crap their acting is, what an idiotic storyline it is etc.

dont think the mrs appreciates it!!
  • It gets worse DA9 the older you get, I go into random rants most unexpectedly these days, much to my Mrs amusement
  • I hope I die before I get old
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I hope I die before I get old

Somebody tell him...
  • Sponsored links:

• Can I put it down to eccentricity?
  • He already knows Algarve....
  • edited January 2009
    Thought this was all part of the marriage contract.

1) The wife asks inane stupid questions when you are trying to watch the football on the tv.

and

2) You get to persecute her with stupid comments and impressions whilst she is trying to watch her cack on the tv.
  • [cite]Posted By: soapy_jones[/cite]Thought this was all part of the marriage contract.

1) The wife asks inane stupid questions when you are trying to watch the football on the tv.

and

2) You get to persecute her with stupid comments and impressions whilst she is trying to watch her cack on the tv.

My wife to be asks inane questions every day, the most annoying at 6:15 on a cold Monday morning when on the way to my early shift, her favourite question when we are going out to an event "whose going to be there?", "no idea" I say, "not spoken to anyone", then her very next question is "is Tom, dick or harry going" to which I again reply "I dont know, I have not spoken to anyone"

This of course is not good enough and becomes the most important thing in the world at the time, and I'm miserable for not talking about it or knowing whose going, apparently.

Why use 4 words, when 37 will do, is her motto.
  • Ha Ha. sounds familiar. Who else's missus talks for an hour on the phone to someone they saw only yesterday,or are going to see tomorrow .
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I hope I die before I get old

Who ..... ?