Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Baracuta G9 The Original Harrington Jacket

edited January 2009 in Not Sports Related
Are they worth the money, as far as make and quality are concerned? Ive just been on the baracuta website and i really like the look of them, but wondered if anyone on here has one, or has any advice on them they could share?

Cheers!!

Comments

• Quality legendary jacket, worn by many famous people, Elvis, Steve McQueen, Frank Sinatra.
    Strangely enough. just saving up for one myself, you can cheaper copies on ebay (which I have) but the real thing is better, very big on the rockabilly scene

Baracuta
  • edited January 2009
    i've got the colour as seen in the elvis picture. bought mine 2 years ago through the official website for £120. i love the jacket, feels wonderfully comfortable and so much nicer than the harrington copies but my only criticism is the buttons. 2 came off within a few months so i contacted them with a complaint. they assured me this was unusual and sent replacements and it's been fine since.

my mate got a navy g9 in lewisham txmax for £60. it's worth shopping around cos you're likely to find somewhere selling them for under a oner in the sales.
  • You can find some bargains in TKmax if you look, there is a supposed Baracuta on ebay, BNWT for £65, but I dont trust it, gonna save and get mine from Baracuta direct or Stuarts of London.

I have a red copy from ebay, it holds up well, although the lining is slightly lower quality (no surprises, only paid £20 for it)
  • I own two, one black, one red (for footie). They're the best, no question they're worth the money. Make Merc and others look shabby by comparison. Fred perry tipped polo shirt, pair of levis or wranglers, DM Oxblood shoes, you'll look the nuts mate! Old school, the best school!
  • been stitched up before with bnwt on ebay, never again.

stuarts is a cracking shop. got a sergio tachini trackie top there a couple of months back. the fellas in there really know their gear.
  • Cheers for the feedback lads, like to go for 'original' gear if i can, but you dont see to many of these about to try on or check out, plus there's the money side, hence me doing a bit of homework on them!!

Eltham,
    agree with your style, but would change your DM's for a pair of adidas 'dublin' or 'london' trainers, terrace classics!! hope i have'nt offended ya ;-)

Black G9 it is then, thanks again.
  • [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]Cheers for the feedback lads, like to go for 'original' gear if i can, but you dont see to many of these about to try on or check out, plus there's the money side, hence me doing a bit of homework on them!!

Eltham,
    agree with your style, but would change your DM's for a pair of adidas 'dublin' or 'london' trainers, terrace classics!! hope i have'nt offended ya ;-)

Plimsoles and a Harrington? - Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
  • LOL

Shoot me now algarve, eh!!

Im a bit of a 'plimsole geek' but only for retro, old school styles, honest i am!?
  • Me, cuffed Levi 501's, with engineer or biker boots, and beige Baracuta, classic 50's style.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Me, cuffed Levi 501's, with engineer or biker boots, and beige Baracuta, classic 50's style.

You forgot the half a tub a lard in ya hair, eh DA9.........
    ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]LOL

Im a bit of a 'plimsole geek' but only for retro, old school styles, honest i am!?

What proper black canvas ones with rubber soles and two little elastic bits on either side...

That's proper old school that is - LOL
  • [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Me, cuffed Levi 501's, with engineer or biker boots, and beige Baracuta, classic 50's style.

You forgot the half a tub a lard in ya hair, eh DA9.........
    ;-)

Oi, wax, fella, wax :-)

Whilst I still have hair, it shall remain.
  • edited January 2009
    Sigh....
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite] Stuarts of London.

got my diadora borg elites in there, along with a few other bits and bobs, top service they offer, when my zip on a sergio taccini trackie broke they were very helpfull in sending another out. The bloke raj knows his stuff.
  • edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]
    Eltham,

Not offended, just prefer me DMs. Cost about the same as the trainers, but are made about ten times better. Each to his own. You might like to Google Warrior Clothing. I think there'll be plenty on there you'll like.
  • edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite] they assured me this was unusual and sent replacements and it's been fine since.

You obviously sewed them on yourself then Les? ;-)

Do you wear it inside out like we used to in the early 70's Bay City Rollers stylie?
  • went into meet bernhard in greenwich today bloodnut and they have the proper g9 for £90 reduced from £120
  • ok i have two baracuta style jackets one black and one in cream - good warm and comfortable!
  • edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bloodnut[/cite]LOL

What proper black canvas ones with rubber soles and two little elastic bits on either side...

That's proper old school that is - LOL

Should I admit to remembering them? 'Cos I do! Overpowering smell of rubber glue, you could get high on a fresh new pair!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]went into meet bernhard in greenwich today bloodnut and they have the proper g9 for £90 reduced from £120

I'll check that out, cheers.