Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cranie

edited December 2008 in General Charlton
Does anyone know if we have extended his loan?

I have a feeling even if we make a bid for the end of the season Pompey will want him back. They have to sell and I can see Glen Johnson being one of the most saleable assets at the moment.

So it might be YASSIN TIME. Again.

Comments

• If the club knew that cranie was going to go back why did they play him???
  • edited January 2009
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Does anyone know if we have extended his loan?

I have a feeling even if we make a bid for the end of the season Pompey will want him back. They have to sell and I can see Glen Johnson being one of the most saleable assets at the moment.

So it might be YASSIN TIME. Again.

As far as I know his loan period is up but nothing has been agreed yet. I suspect that Portsmouth will delay a decision until they see who they shift on/buy and it may be that if they have sufficient cover at rightback then they'll extend his loan, on the other hand if a good offer comes in for Glen Johnson or whoever plays at RB then off he'll go. I think this decision will be out of our hands for a while and as they don't want him to be cuptied he won't play in the Norwich match anyway.
  • I see also that McEverley has been denied permission to play in the cup. I had assumed that this was one loanee who would join on a permanent deal once the window opened. If Derby want him, send him back and play our own - even try Chris Solly.
  • edited January 2009
    Adams slaggs off Cranie inadvertently by using a double negative LOL

Adams support for defender Cranie

Cranie is set to deputise once more for Glen Johnson
    Portsmouth boss Tony Adams says Martin Cranie will be a capable replacement for the suspended Glen Johnson in Saturday's FA Cup tie against Swansea.

Cranie stepped in at right-back for the 0-0 third-round draw with Bristol City as Johnson was injured and he will be called on again for the round four tie.

Adams told BBC Radio Solent: "I've got no fear that Martin won't let anyone down. He'll do a great job once again."

Cranie recently spent three months on loan at Championship side Charlton.
  • Of all our terrible loans Crainie was the worst. A modern fullback that rarely wandered over halfway. I actually hate him and look forward to his slip down the divisions. Our paths will cross again.
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Of all our terrible loans Crainie was the worst. A modern fullback that rarely wandered over halfway. I actually hate him and look forward to his slip down the divisions. Our paths will cross again.

He won't slip down the divisions, more likely he'll be in the Prem in the future than a lot of the players we've got here.

In the right team he'll do a solid job for them. Players like him look bad in teams like us that are struggling, put him in a better team and he'll be seen as a consistent but unspectacular player.
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]Of all our terrible loans Crainie was the worst. A modern fullback that rarely wandered over halfway. I actually hate him and look forward to his slip down the divisions. Our paths will cross again.

Was never the worst player we've had on loan. What about SInclair, Cook, Gillespie. Primus was always injured as well. Cranie was a decent full back and if Tony Adams rates him as a defender then that's good enough for me.
  • Word was he was better before he broke his leg, but for me, he never seemed to do it at either end of the pitch. I just couldn't see anything in him at all. True, compared to luminaries such as Sinclair, Cook etc he perhaps wasn't the worst, but still no good for all that.
  • Crainie got turned too easily by wide men- like a rabbit caught in a cars headlights at time
  • Sponsored links:

• The first time I saw him was against Palace away and he was terrible. Victor Moses was doing him every time, then at half time Colin changed it around! I couldn't understand why.

He did get better and was better at centre back because he is simply a defender. Not very good at getting forward at all, but solid in the tackle and in the air.
  • Craine was always one of those players who where there by default. He never won his place, it was given to him. He never gave a shite about Charlton, just like all the other loanees that don't give a crap; collect your money and move on. The seemingly never ending conveyor of half arsed, can't be bothered overrated CHAVs just goes on and on.