Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Arter

edited January 2009 in General Charlton
On trial at Gillingham apparantly.

Comments

• I saw that, any one know if it's with a view to a loan or permanent deal? I think his contract (and Josh Wright's) is up in the summer.

Think it might be with a view to a loan, he went to Staines probably to get match fitness more than anything, expected him to go on to at least a Conference if not League Two club.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if he's off. We have a side of uselesss overpaid wasters, so why not let our young talent walk away for next to nothing.
  • Played for Ipswich's reserves last night.

Turns out it was only to help them out as they didn't have enough players.

They had their academy coach and prozone guy on the bench! Even then it was only a 13 man squad.
    In other player news, Harry Arter was given permission to represent Ipswich Town reserves on Tuesday afternoon.

The young midfielder played the entire 90 minutes of a 1-0 defeat to Northampton Town for the Tractor Boys, who were struggling for players due to the scheduling of the club's FA Youth Cup tie against Crystal Palace the same night. Also in Town's 13-man squad was an academy coach and the club's ProZone analyst, the latter entering the pitch for the final 13 minutes.
    On the OS
  • shoulda called me i would have played! lol
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]shoulda called me i would have played! lol

They thought about it, honestly Dazzler.

But decided the Prozone guy on the bench was a better bet.

;o)
  • edited January 2009
    I dont think they were that desperate mate.

I heard even the tea lady was above you in the pecking order
  • Hey Dazzler, haven't you already played for Ipswich this season, along with Gumbo?

;o)
  • back on thread...........

if this is true then the lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

Arter is one of the best youngsters we have and whenever I've seen him play he has been head and shoulders above the others - and that includes the cup game v Luton last year.

he is the future.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]back on thread...........

if this is true then the lunatics really have taken over the asylum.

Arter is one of the best youngsters we have and whenever I've seen him play he has been head and shoulders above the others - and that includes the cup game v Luton last year.

he is the future.

Incorrect - Bi is the future
  • if we are looking to get rid i will be well pissed off.Let's one thing straight we will be playing div 1 football next year and Harry Arter,should be a integral part of the team.We should be looking at the type of player we need next year not off loading because we don't think they are up to the championship at this time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe, just maybe, Ipswich put out a few begging calls for players and we spotted an opportunity for a player recovering from injury to get another 90mins under his belt, ready for a possible first team appearance in the cup on Saturday?
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Maybe, just maybe, Ipswich put out a few begging calls for players and we spotted an opportunity for a player recovering from injury to get another 90mins under his belt, ready for a possible first team appearance in the cup on Saturday?

I make you totally right, until the last bit.
  • [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Maybe, just maybe, Ipswich put out a few begging calls for players and we spotted an opportunity for a player recovering from injury to get another 90mins under his belt, ready for a possible first team appearance in the cup on Saturday?

Yeah we did the same with Callum Christie, he played in goal for Palace's u18s a few months ago. Rather than helping Palace out, it gives more of our players a game.
  • We just love loaning players :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]We just love loaning players :-)

I've been keeping a list of the dates, appearances and goals for the FM updates. If I didn't I'd never remember them all.

So far we've loaned 9 players in (10 including Spring).

We've loaned players out 16 times, though Wagstaff, Thomas, Sinclair and Fleetwood have gone out on loan to two different clubs each.

That's not including 4 ASEC players out on loan, and the new 4 also likely to go out on loan.
  • We are the Loan Ranger or Loan Arranger whatever .....
  • Every time I see the name Arter the first thing that comes into my head is Harry Arter Farter. LOL

Am I the only one?
  • Loan star Harry Arter has left Staines Town after being released by his parent club Charlton Athletic.

The talented teenage midfielder is on trial at League Two outfit Gillingham as he tries to get a new professional deal.

"I am sorry to see Harry go as he is a good lad and fitted in very well here," said Swans manager Steve Cordery.

"But he has to get his long-term future sorted, so we'll not be seeing him again, at least for a while."

http://www.stainesnews.co.uk/surrey-sport/staines-town-fc/2009/01/21/harry-arter-leaves-staines-town-for-gillingham-trial-54472-22745836/

Staines News seems to think we've released him. We're more than likely to be in League One next season, why aren't we keeping him?

I'm hoping it's just to give him a loan at a higher level but it doesn't seem that way.
  • Medway local papers earlier in the week stated thart Stimson had said that he was looking at Arter in a reserve game for Gillingham with a view to taking him on loan until the end of the season!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Think he's still ours, From the OS

"Finally, midfielder Harry Arter returned to Charlton prior to Staines Town's 0-0 draw with Dartford FC at Princes Park"

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=33628&newstype=p
  • In other player news, Harry Arter was given permission to represent Ipswich Town reserves on Tuesday afternoon.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=33639
  • Interesting that Harry Arter played his last game for Welling today.

Has been playing very well at that level ...
  • Last game? Why's that?

Didn't he join them until the end of the season?
  • Thats what I thought ... but it was mentioned in Alan Fords post match analysis
  • edited April 2009
    Maybe they're sending him back then? Do they have nothing left to play for?
  • No he's been good, and they are still fighting for thr playoffs
  • Thought Stimson said Arter is one they're interested in but no immediately, they'll keep tabs on him. Meaning won't sign him now maybe if we stay in this league he might just might be an option.
  • Just heard from a very good source that he has signed a new deal at the club.
  • Hope so:
    If ZZ,Racon & Bailey are to leave (even if 2 of them do) think he's the best player in the centre.