Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

jimmy bullard

fulham in talks with bolton over 5 million bid for jimmy bullard.surely he wont go there,plus fulham would be mad to sell him

Comments

• Reportedly he has turned down a new contract with Fulham and wants to earn more than the current £30-35k a week they pay him.
  • edited January 2009
    its all a bit odd about bullard why are they selling him, just broke into england set up etc? oh i see, must have been a short contract..
  • the thing is though,if bullard leaves murphy will get the ump and leave too..could end up doing to fulham what selling reid did to us.especially at this time of the season
  • Fulham are merely selling an asset for market value before that value drops any further. I think he has 18 months left on his contract, he doesn't want to sign another and the nearer the end of his contract, the less they'll get for him. If they can shift him and his wages on and pocket £5m that looks like good business to me.
  • then they can buy Jon jo for 5mill ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Fulham are merely selling an asset for market value before that value drops any further. I think he has 18 months left on his contract, he doesn't want to sign another and the nearer the end of his contract, the less they'll get for him. If they can shift him and his wages on and pocket £5m that looks like good business to me.

Don't forget he must be around 30 by now, not a young player with potential. So if he's can push on, he's got to do it now.
    Also maybe a last chance to strike it stinking rich.

How's that for being cynical? lol

But he's done well for himself considering the hard road he's already travelled from non-league (like Nicky Bailey) to Prem and an England cap.
  • Don't forget he must be around 30 by now, not a young player with potential. So if he's can push on, he's got to do it now.
    Also maybe a last chance to strike it stinking rich.

How's that for being cynical? lol

But probably accurate and fair play to him if he can get £50k a week and a signing on fee and if that's what he wants then fine. It looks like everyone benefits - Bolton get a good player, Fulham get good money, Bullard gets the deal he's looking for. The only losers are the fans who'll see their ST prices hiked to pay for him.
  • edited February 2009
    Heard from a cottager I know, er scrub that, start again. Heard from a Fulham supporter I know that Bullards knees are shot and it's only a matter of time before he collapses in a heap and that it's Murphy really making them tick these days.
  • Hull confirm today that he is out for the season. 5m well spent.
  • Dumb ass football club spending all that on a crock. We would never do that! Except for Gary Rowett obviously.
  • Sponsored links:

• gary poole, zheng zhi, gory gibbs.....
  • edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Heard from a cottager I know, er scrub that, start again. Heard from a Fulham supporter I know that Bullards knees are shot and it's only a matter of time before he collapses in a heap and that it's Murphy really making them tick these days.

Phil Brown obviously doesn't read this site then? Don't like the bloke anyway (Brown) so good ridance if they go down.

Remember people going ape about us selling Kinsella but he hardly played again at a decent level did he?
  • few games for villa wernt it?
  • Should have put money on it somehow! Couldn't have been much of a medical though, could it?
  • They were showing the two challenges that have put him out. One a couple of years back at Newcastle and the one at West Ham.......... both by the same player!

Step forward.........???
  • Bullard won't be too concerned with a 4.5 year deal sewn up at 45,000 per week.

Nice going Hull, I think that's called being sold a pup.
  • We don't know how much is paid, how is much on appearences, the insurance, etc... I doubt that Hull are as nieve as suggested above.

I think the whole Gary Rowett thing was exaggerated, it was a pay/play deal plus covered by insurance so it never cost the club the headline figures quoted at the time.
  • Stone presumably, Parker.
  • [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]We don't know how much is paid, how is much on appearences, the insurance, etc... I doubt that Hull are as nieve as suggested above.

I think the whole Gary Rowett thing was exaggerated, it was a pay/play deal plus covered by insurance so it never cost the club the headline figures quoted at the time.

He is definitely on a 4.5 year deal, that is a fact. His wages are speculative but in order to get him (a Londoner) to go back up north, to feckin HULL of all places, and to a poorer team than Fulham you can bet your bollocks they offered him a shedload of cash.

Hull were desperate to sign him to help end their run of losses and keep them up, it was an expensive gamble that they are now going to have to pay for.

If Bullard's career is over or if he is persistently injured then Hull will have to reach a compensation deal with him. I really cannot see that any insurer would have covered that deal given his age and injury record.

They are fecked if they go down.
  • Sponsored links:

• They have one big money player, if he never regains fitness then insurance will cover a fair percentage, it is not great business I agree, beggers can't be choosers much like our own club, I see no Schadenfraude here.
  • [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]They have one big money player, if he never regains fitness then insurance will cover a fair percentage, it is not great business I agree, beggers can't be choosers much like our own club, I see no Schadenfraude here.

Yes, but that's my point, did they get the player insured? Not all transfer deals are insured, especially older more injury prone players like Bullard who had been out for two years with a knee injury.

On some occasions, and I suspect it happened here, Hull might have been willing to go without insurance in order to get the player in the squad.

I just can't see any insurer backing the Bullard deal, certainly not a 4.5 year deal.
  • According to today's Times (20/02); Hull, seeking to consolidate their place in the Premier League in their first season, pushed the boat out and agreed to pay Fulham £5m. and give Bullard £45,000 per week. Those figures add up to a £15m. investment -or, with the benefit of hindsight,gamble- on a player who suffered a career threatening knee injury in 2006.Paul Duffen, the Hull chairman, described Bullen as one of the top 3 midfield players in England, he said 'It's very disappointing but we signed him for four and a half years and the important thing is that we can look forward to welcoming Jimmy back as a new signing all over again next season.This isn't a career ending injury, it's a setback, reconstructions like this are routine and he is in the hands of the best surgeon in the world. He didn't have crocked knees when he came here. He passed the medical because the MRI scan showed the knee was fine, there was no damage to it and for us that is bad luck'.
    Fulham stood by Bullard,who earned about £25,000 a week, when he was sidelined for 18 months with a cruciate knee ligament injury but were unwilling to bow to his wage demands, which were said to be close to £50,000 a week. He has played 37 minutes for Hull City.
  • edited February 2009
    Oh dear, looks like Roy Hodgson is spilling the beans on the Bullard-Hull deal!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1151323/Bullard-knee-problem-5m-Hull-says-Hodgson.html
  • He'd better be careful, he'll have Trading Standards after him for selling 'goods not fit for purpose'.
  • Harold (Roy Hodgson) Steptoe at his best.. flogging a dead horse.
  • Makes you wonder how on earth he passed his medical
  • hes probably putting it on after realising what a shithole hull is and a big mistake. 37 minutes tho!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Hull might have been willing to go without insurance in order to get the player in the squad.

I just can't see any insurer backing the Bullard deal, certainly not a 4.5 year deal.

Hull did.

None did.

An attrocious deal for Hull, which they may live to regret.
  • edited February 2009
    I think they are regretting it already!!! Feck me, imagine being the chairman and knowing that you agreed to pay 45,000 per WEEK to a bloke with fecked knees?