Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tevez and west ham!

MCSMCS
edited August 2007 in Other Football and Sports
Poll time!

Who thinks West ham would of stayed up without Tevez in the team???

Comments

• Absolutely!
  • no chance, he mustve won them 9-12 points in those last 10 games himself!
  • not likely, unless his (and the other guys) signing really did disrupt the team in which case they may never have ended up anywhere near the bottom of the table.
  • [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]not likely, unless his (and the other guys) signing really did disrupt the team in which case they may never have ended up anywhere near the bottom of the table.

In which Pards would never have been sacked......and Les Reed would still be manager at Charlton.

:-)
  • Difficult to tell. With Ashton ruled out for the season if they hadnt of signed Tevez they would have signed someone else.

Tevez disrupted things big time at West Ham, probably affected team spirit therefore costing them points.

Luckily they had a great manager who managed to get the best out of a world class player as the previous manager was unable to and then sacked in December.

Probably a better question is would they have stayed up if Pards had of stayed and Curbishley the legend not taken over.

*wind up*
  • MY point to this post to guage what everyone else thought about him and west ham! I think without tevez they would of gone down defo, without a shadow of a doubt!

SO all i want is answers on the back of a stamped addressed env.. oh no just post it up!

Would west ham have gone down if tevez wasnt there???

My answer is yes defo.

Anyone else!
  • They would have finished bottom without Tevez.
  • They might have finished above Watford.
  • definately gone down....
  • Yes. Without a doubt, the cheating b'stards
  • Sponsored links:

• Would west ham have gone down if tevez wasnt there???

Yes, and they should have been relegated with Tevez as well.
  • without tevez they'd have stayed up cos curbs kept our load of dross up in recent years i'm sure he'd have kept pardoo's load of dross up.... unlike pardoo who couldn't keep up curbs/dowies collection of chaff
  • WSSWSS
    edited January 2008
    Today's update (Jan 2008):

English football club Sheffield United said on Wednesday it was in arbitration over a dispute with Premier League side West Ham United.

The dispute revolves around Sheffield United's relegation from the top flight division last season after West Ham beat champions Manchester United in their last game to stay up and send Sheffield United down.

The Football Association later fined West Ham 5.5 million pounds for irregularities over the purchases of Carlos Tevez, who scored seven goals in West Ham's last 10 games of that season, and Javier Mascherano.

However West Ham escaped a points deduction and Sheffield United failed in two previous appeals to force the Premier League to relegate West Ham.

Sheffield United said the arbitration procedure was at an early stage.
  • [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]not likely, unless his (and the other guys) signing really did disrupt the team in which case they may never have ended up anywhere near the bottom of the table.

I think it's impossible to say but there is at least as much chance of them suffering early in season because of the two Argentinians. So Tevez definitely pulled em out of a hole, but one that he may in part have been responsible for digging.
  • Big yes for me.

shame to see it rumbling on but I think Sheff Utd do have a bit of a point. As soon as the season started the relegation issue was dead in the water, non-reversable but there's still a question over loss of revenue through that relegation.

So WHU were fined a 'record amount' but where did that go to? The FA/Prem League no doubt.

If it were CAFC in that position I would expect mssrs Murray and co to press for loss of revenue and I think Sheff Utd should too.
  • What do you mean jan 2007??
  • also read that liverpool would have to pay £17m to sign mascherano.
    what i (still) don't get, is according to that article, he is on a long term loan from west ham. does that mean west ham would receive the £17m? do west ham have any say in the matter? if this 'agent ownership' thing was resolved then wtf are west ham doing letting a £17m rated player walk away for nowt? surely they should be touting him to the italians.
  • they were going down with him in the side,unfortunately they sacked the manager and installed curbs who got the best out of him and the rest is history.
  • what i (still) don't get, is according to that article, he is on a long term loan from west ham. does that mean west ham would receive the £17m? do west ham have any say in the matter? if this 'agent ownership' thing was resolved then wtf are west ham doing letting a £17m rated player walk away for nowt? surely they should be touting him to the italians.

The actual ownership was not the issue, an agent can own a player, anyone can, the problem came about because in the contract the agent could make decisions that the club would normally make, ie 'Tevez is tired, you can't play him this week' , this was the breach of the rules.

Look back at Leeds, they sold a fair few plays to an 'agency' and them loaned them back, the difference was this 'agency' had no control over the players other than what any club who loaned a player out would receive.
  • West Ham would have finished below Watford had he not played,

Cheats.
  • Sponsored links:

• West Scam.
  • edited January 2008
    yes they WOULD have gone down.

I loathe them!
  • Two ways to look at this ....

Charlton have to sort it out whatever the "rules" so I am more pi$$ed off about frivolous appeals and Arsenal players staying on the pitch after hacking JFH....

On the other hand West Ham should have been treated the same as Leeds with their 15 point deduction - don't know the detail but a trial amongst their peers?!!! End of the day the two Argies arriving (behind) Pards back caused issues but I have never seen a more blatant case of trying to have it all ways - we all know that neither player ever belonged to West Ham and could move whenever.

But once again what matters is where will be come May - I suspect Wembley?
  • The FA and Premier League are to reopen their investigation into Tevez and West Ham, it's just been announced.
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]The FA and Premier League are to reopen their investigation into Tevez and West Ham, it's just been announced.

Should think so too.

Too late for us, though.
  • Why, to see how they can wriggle out of how badly they f*cked it up?!!!
  • TAKE 15 POINTS AWAY FROM WEST HAM AND GIVE IT TO US!
  • edited January 2009
    West Ham won the World Cup don't you know.

The FA will probably AWARD them 15 points for their initiative and enterprise in illegally playing Tevez.
  • still wouldnt be enough to stay up

the cheating bstds wont get feck all done to them, a decision has been made thats it final the fa can not do a thing to them that is why sheff yoo had to take the course of action they did and fair play to them