Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Czech Republic / Bulgaria

Southgate going to be naming his squad this afternoon

Unsurprisingly sounds as though Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori will get called up

Comments

• Surprise to me as most on here agreed Tomori was toilet during the euro championships this summer.
  • Surprise to me as most on here agreed Tomori was toilet during the euro championships this summer.
    Like Abraham he's eligible for Nigeria but could also play for Canada

Might be an attempt to stop that from happening in the future in case he does turn out to be quite good
  • edited October 2019
    Surprise to me as most on here agreed Tomori was toilet during the euro championships this summer.
    getting rave reviews this season though and not an area we are blessed with quality in. 
  • Abraham has to get a call up

• Is Maddison still injured? 
  • How has Delph been called up again
  • Think Gomez will be sweating with Tomori there. He should really be our first choice CB but might find himself on the bench for England as well now.

• Laddick01 said:
    Think Gomez will be sweating with Tomori there. He should really be our first choice CB but might find himself on the bench for England as well now.

Liverpool fans on the radio last night saying he is not back to his best at the moment. 
  • No Walker again is interesting. 

• Sponsored links:

• I'd say that is the strongest squad for quite a while
  • Ali rightly left out been out of form for a while. 
  • Ali rightly left out been out of form for a while. 
    Same with Lingard
  • Common sense has prevailed and we've predominantly picked players in form. Pleased to see Abraham and Maddison in there.

Would've been a complete joke if Alli and Lingard had got call ups. Although i'm not exactly sure what Delph and Gomez have done to get call ups. Delph hasn't played much for a poor Everton side and Gomez has been sitting on the bench all season.
  • Common sense has prevailed and we've predominantly picked players in form. Pleased to see Abraham and Maddison in there.

Would've been a complete joke if Alli and Lingard had got call ups. Although i'm not exactly sure what Delph and Gomez have done to get call ups. Delph hasn't played much for a poor Everton side and Gomez has been sitting on the bench all season.
    Problem for Ali and Lingard is we're beginning to get spoilt for choice in Midfield - Someone in that selection is (hopefully) one day going to have to make way for Phil Foden

Who do you replace Joe Gomez for?

Suddenly the strong Centre-Backs we've had in Ferdinand / Campbell / Terry etc. has disappeared with our attack now looking the stronger aspect of the team
  • Delph needs bombing out

Rose the only Spurs player in any type of form, despite a terrible back 4

• Delph is there purely because he's utility. Can't think of any other excuse why he'd be in the team lol
  • Pickford
    TAA
    Maguire
    Gomez
    Chilwell

Henderson
    Winks

Maddison
    Sancho
    Sterling

Kane

Have Maddison, Sterling, Sancho all supporting Kane at various points 
  • Must be one of our youngest squads ever named.

Jadon Sancho (19) 
    Mason Mount (20)
    Declan Rice (20)
    Trent Alexander-Arnold (20)
    Fikayo Tomori (21) 
    Marcus Rashford (21) 
    Tammy Abraham (22) 
    Joe Gomez (22)
    Ben Chilwell (22)
    Harry Winks (23)
    James Maddison (23)

Maguire, Mings, Barkley, Kane, Sterling, Keane and Pickford are all 26 or under too.

Also have Hudson-Odoi (18), Foden (19), Wan-Bissaka (21) who i'm sure will be pushing for a Euro 2020 spot.
    As well as Stones, Shaw, Alli, Loftus-Cheek all under 25 too.
  • Off to Czech for the game next week. Excited to see this team again.
  • Sponsored links:

Might be an attempt to stop that from happening in the future in case he does turn out to be quite good
    Hasn't stopped Zaha playing for Ivory Coast
  • We just had a bloody international break ?!

Hasn't stopped Zaha playing for Ivory Coast
    Zaha didnt play for England in a competitive game its what allowed him to switched to the Ivory Coast

If Abraham or Tomori play for England in one of these Euro Qualifiers then they're tied to England and so cant play for anyone else
  • When I've seen Gomez this season he's been awful. He got bullied by MK Dons centre forward.
  • We just had a bloody international break ?!
    Yep only a month ago. And then there’s another one in November.
  • I’ve been really impressed with Mount and think he looks like he could be a great player. If it wasn’t for Chelsea’s transfer ban I don’t think he would be in their team and probably wouldn’t be in England’s squad either.
  • edited October 2019
    We just had a bloody international break ?!
    Yep only a month ago. And then there’s another one in November.
    Been the same every season for as long as I can remember... we'll then have another in March

Only difference is its only March when we'll have meaningless friendlies as we'll be preparing for Euro 2020
  • Delph out of the squad through injury. 
  • Delph out of the squad through injury. 
    No one will be replacing him either