Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Striker?

I shared this with @ForeverAddickted the other day but I thought it would be good to share with everyone else...

It seems as though a London club is looking for a new striker and their requirements for this role is not very much. With the pay they're offering, it could well be us with our huge budget under RD :wink:

Anyway, made me laugh for even a football club to be advertising in this way.

Comments

• Unique (meaning weird)
  • We’re not in League One though...
  • Looks to me as though the ad has been placed by a Womble with a sense of humour!
  • mentioned on R5Live this lunchtime .. saves money on scouting .. seems to me to be a sensible way of unearthing unknown/unrecognised talent .. indeed sort out the timewasters and forward realistic applicants to the club/agency concerned .. can't see any problem with this at all .. the only proper London L1 team a t m is Wimbledon
  • AFC Wimbledon do not have recent Premier experience unless you count Combined Counties Premier or Isthmian League Premier.
  • Makes me think whether it could be us but they've not changed it from League One to Championship considering it is mandatory to have experience in the Championship.

I don't believe it for a second, but I found it humorous nonetheless.
  • edited October 2019
    Stig said:
    AFC Wimbledon do not have recent Premier experience unless you count Combined Counties Premier or Isthmian League Premier.
    Wimbledon as a 'name' was in the prem until 2000, not 'recently' .. IF the advert is not a total spoof and IF the club is really a L1 club in 'London', it must be Wimbledon .. lots of 'IFs' in there though lol
  • Stig said:
    AFC Wimbledon do not have recent Premier experience unless you count Combined Counties Premier or Isthmian League Premier.
    Wimbledon as a 'name' was in the prem until 2000, not 'recently' .. IF the advert is not a total spoof and IF the club is really a L1 club in 'London', it must be Wimbledon .. lots of 'IFs' in there though lol
    AFC  Wimbledon have NEVER been in the Premiership. Highest they have been is League One.

You must be thinking of Mk Dons. Different club.
  • Sage said:
    I shared this with @ForeverAddickted the other day but I thought it would be good to share with everyone else...

It seems as though a London club is looking for a new striker and their requirements for this role is not very much. With the pay they're offering, it could well be us with our huge budget under RD :wink:

Anyway, made me laugh for even a football club to be advertising in this way.

Probably a spoof. As if ANY ex- Premier League footballer (even with little experience such as Grant) would sign for £1k pr week. 
  • Stig said:
    AFC  Wimbledon have NEVER been in the Premiership. Highest they have been is League One.

READ WHAT I WROTE .. what don't you understand about a club named Wimbledon ? .. different entity, similar name
  • Sponsored links:

• Mandatory : -

Must be able to supply own drinking water.
  • edited October 2019
    Off_it said:
    Stig said:

READ WHAT I WROTE .. what don't you understand about a club named Wimbledon ? .. different entity, similar name
    OMG - please tell me these two aren't gonna try and bore each other into submission!
    My money’s on Captain Clownshoes...
  • Sounds like a job for Gary Goals
  • Off_it said:
    Stig said:

OMG - please tell me these two aren't gonna try and bore each other into submission!
    Lincs is a good lad.
  • Off_it said:
    Stig said:

Lincs is a good lad.

And Golfie's got groovy trainers.