Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

O'Neill's Blackheath

Not a brilliant pub, obviously, with no ale and not great food, but was good for the Fulham game today. A decent number of Charlton in and they had it on the big screen plus two others. 

Was pleased when some Spurs were complaining about having to watch their game on the smaller screens at the back of the pub. "Why's that then?" They asked. "Just because Charlton are down the road?" 

"Well, yes," said the barmaid. "And you're only playing Brighton."

She could have added - you're in South London, it's a derby and you're about to get spanked, but I thought she handled it well. 

Comments

• Great pub on a Saturday night from 2000-2010 with all the rugby clubs in. Top nights and memories
  • used to be the Three Tuns  .. great pub .. 40 years ago
    ‘Interesting’ pub back in the day 
  • Was in the Lost Hour today upstairs, good few Charlton fans.
  • Vincenzo said:
    Not a brilliant pub, obviously, with no ale and not great food, but was good for the Fulham game today. A decent number of Charlton in and they had it on the big screen plus two others. 

Was pleased when some Spurs were complaining about having to watch their game on the smaller screens at the back of the pub. "Why's that then?" They asked. "Just because Charlton are down the road?" 

She could have added - you're in South London, it's a derby and you're wankers but I thought she handled it well. 

Adjusted for you.
  • Great pub on a Saturday night from 2000-2010 with all the rugby clubs in. Top nights and memories
    Anyone else read that thinking ‘bit bizarre highlighting a 10 minute period’ :-)
    Yes I read it confused thinking oh it’s ok in there until the rugby clubs came in at ten past eight 🤷‍♂️
    Known locally as God's waiting room 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:
    Vincenzo said:

She could have added - you're in South London, it's a derby and you're about to get spanked, but I thought she handled it well. 

That's a typical Spurs/Premier League type attitude.

Can you imagine going into a pub in, say, Enfield and asking them to put the Charlton game on the big screen?
    I was in Cheshunt earlier today.

The f****** landlord said "that's nice for you" when I asked if they were able to show our game.

tottenham, two bob a***holes.
  • Sounds like right hoot.
  • Sounds like right hoot.
    Oh yeah, after a comment like that I would have not watched the game in there and gave him my money for a pint.
    Really ?
    I lived in Blackheath 40 years ago and it was the worst. Full of old men.
    Really ?
    I often wonder what youngsters think now that we are those old men :'(
    Really ?
    Ahem ... I was an underage drinker in the mid-70’s and was a frequent visitor (4 nights a week) until Olive and Charlie retired in 1988. It was not long after that it became O’Neills. You must’ve gone in on a night me and my mates, the two football teams, Squeeze, Jools Holland and various others weren’t in there 
  • _MrDick said:
    used to be the Three Tuns  .. great pub .. 40 years ago
    Really ?
    Ahem ... I was an underage drinker in the mid-70’s and was a frequent visitor (4 nights a week) until Olive and Charlie retired in 1988. It was not long after that it became O’Neills. You must’ve gone in on a night me and my mates, the two football teams, Squeeze, Jools Holland and various others weren’t in there.

Kate Bush was a regular back in the day.
  • _MrDick said:
    Really ?
    Ahem ... I was an underage drinker in the mid-70’s and was a frequent visitor (4 nights a week) until Olive and Charlie retired in 1988. It was not long after that it became O’Neills. You must’ve gone in on a night me and my mates, the two football teams, Squeeze, Jools Holland and various others weren’t in there.

Max Wall as well possibly.

He was local in the Dacre Park Road area.
  • _MrDick said:
    Really ?

Max Wall as well possibly.

He was local in the Dacre Park Road area.
    Terry Waite ... Max Wall definitely
  • Sponsored links:

• Watched it in the Sports Bar near Victoria Station, half a dozen or so Addicks there..
  • Always prefered Princess, Railway (Furkin) and Hare and Billet. Never personally got on with O'neills or the Crown, but my mates seemed to like em though
  • edited October 2019
    I watched the second half in ONeills on Wardour Street.  And i was the only one watching, though I did have a whole telly to myself.  Bit sad but best i could do on my way to meet friends for lunch. 
  • We were at a wedding on Friday near Marlow so did research and found a pub that advertised showing it. Turned up with awful hangovers and they said they were showing spurs and the rugby but would put on Charlton match when the rugby finished. 3 people were watching it. We said he shouldn't have advertised on the website as we'd made the journey there to watch it and paid to park etc, but he gave us a free lemonade (!!) and let us use the wifi and showed no objection to us watching on my ipad for the first half.  We had a booth seat and we had the 2nd half on our own screen and confused the hell out of those watching Spurs Brighton match with our shouting. 

How do pubs work with the red button and requests for matches?  We were in Marlow so accept that there wouldn't be many Charlton fans around, but dont advertise it if you've not got more than 2 sky boxes. 
  • We were at a wedding on Friday near Marlow so did research and found a pub that advertised showing it. Turned up with awful hangovers and they said they were showing spurs and the rugby but would put on Charlton match when the rugby finished. 3 people were watching it. We said he shouldn't have advertised on the website as we'd made the journey there to watch it and paid to park etc, but he gave us a free lemonade (!!) and let us use the wifi and showed no objection to us watching on my ipad for the first half.  We had a booth seat and we had the 2nd half on our own screen and confused the hell out of those watching Spurs Brighton match with our shouting. 

How do pubs work with the red button and requests for matches?  We were in Marlow so accept that there wouldn't be many Charlton fans around, but dont advertise it if you've not got more than 2 sky boxes. 
    This really pisses me off, or the gem when a place is advertised as showing it, you go inside, double and triple check on all the TVs, ask at the bar and the dumbdumb has no idea how to get the advertised game or event on the box 
  • Always prefered Princess, Railway (Furkin) and Hare and Billet. Never personally got on with O'neills or the Crown, but my mates seemed to like em though
    The Railway is filthy, plus littered with beers regularly 'off'.

Hare n Billet is the best by a mile.
    The Railway is filthy, plus littered with beers regularly 'off'.

Hare n Billet is the best by a mile.
    i don't think they look after the beer at all, if you get there early its been sat in the pipe all night
  • Summer time outside the Hare and Billet,  16 years old gawping at the crumpet, without the faintest of hopes of pulling...  1979, those were the days!
    You could have been the bit of rough for the posh totty.