Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

iPad Repair

My daughter’s just dropped her iPad getting out of the car and cracked the screen.

Can anyone recommend a repair place around the Bexley area and and idea what I’m looking at price wise to fix it?

Comments

• edited September 2019
    ABC ICT  81 Barnehurst Rd, Bexleyheath DA7 opposite Barnehurst station Dave, cost me about £100.
  • Thanks mate. 
  • edited September 2019
    Thanks mate. 
    Not sure if you've already got one but we invested in a foam type cover after it was fixed like this which are under a tenner on ebay.

Tough Kids Shockproof Eva Foam Stand Case Cover For Apple Ipad 3 4 5
  • Cheers. She's got a cover for it but typically, today was the 1st time she took it without it. It's a fairly old one that we've given her to use but she's always so careful with it. Poor thing's distraught.
  • Cheers. She's got a cover for it but typically, today was the 1st time she took it without it. It's a fairly old one that we've given her to use but she's always so careful with it. Poor thing's distraught.
    Sods law mate, still those covers are no good if you kneel on the ipad like our Grandson then did, so that was the second screen we had to have replaced 😒
    School girl error, poor thing  , I’m a bit ocd about the covers/protected cases always being on (cos I dropped and smashed  2 of the kids ones within a month) but some of the actual apple iPad covers seem crap .
    depends what size,  the mini has a reasonable cover atm 
    obviously apple are a joke and I think i got quoted £200 or something ridiculous to replace a screen on one of ours and left them with a cracked screen , there wasn’t too much broken glass in fingers ! 

Hope you get it fixed soon for her and she doesn’t become crackers about covers for them as I have. 
  • Cheers all, got it sorted at TX in Bexleyheath yesterday. Took it in on the off chance when we were shopping and they fixed it in an hour and charged £35.

She suffers with a form of attachment disorder so anything like this she sees as a loss and really upsets her. Was very happy when we picked it up.
  • edited September 2019
    Cheers all, got it sorted at TX in Bexleyheath yesterday. Took it in on the off chance when we were shopping and they fixed it in an hour and charged £35.

She suffers with a form of attachment disorder so anything like this she sees as a loss and really upsets her. Was very happy when we picked it up.
    Great result mate, right touch on the price! All's well that ends well 👍.
  • If the OP was other than @DaveMehmet, he would be posting something about vinegar stroke and tissues.