Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Buying Charlton match tickets - what's your experience?

edited August 2019 in General Charlton

Now that the new CAFC ticketing system has been in operation for a full season the club have agreed to co-operate in a survey carried out by CAST to find out what supporters think of the system.

The survey asks for your comments on the specific issue of acquiring play-off tickets last May but also on the broader issue of how effective and customer-friendly you think the system has generally been in its first year of operation. It also asks what you think about the club's communication of information about ticket purchasing.

We will be sharing the results of the survey and any specific comments you have with the club. Please be assured that this will only be done anonymously.

The club are also planning to hold some workshop sessions for supporters in the near future to gain more feedback.

We will also be making paper copies of the survey available at the ground before the upcoming home games with Nottingham Forest and Brentford.

Here is your link to complete the survey:

https://www.castrust.org/2019/08/ticketing-experience-survey

Comments

• "the club have agreed that it is appropriate for CAST to carry out a survey"

???????
  • "the club have agreed that it is appropriate for CAST to carry out a survey"

???????
    My thoughts too!
  • T_C_E said:
    "the club have agreed that it is appropriate for CAST to carry out a survey"

???????
    My thoughts too!

• I started it but gave up as it was 90% focussed on Wembley, something that comes up once in a generation. I don’t see its relevance.

I’m a big complainer about the club but still find it easy and quick purchasing (away) tickets.

• Sorry - Fair point - that is my poor presentation.

We are keen that the survey is carried out with the club rather than just by CAST because we want it to reach as many fans as possible. It will be promoted on the club's website and in the programme.

It would have been better expressed as "the club have agreed to co-operate in a survey carried out by CAST"

Thanks for pointing it out

• Next week poll ........... CARD’s opinion on Duchataway and his popularity 😉
  • I feel all nostalgic, been a while since we had a trust survey. 
  • RedPanda said:

I started it but gave up as it was 90% focussed on Wembley, something that comes up once in a generation. I don’t see its relevance.

I’m a big complainer about the club but still find it easy and quick purchasing (away) tickets.

The reason there is a lot about the play-offs is because of the volume of tickets needing to be sold in a short space of time so it was the most testing period for the system and comms around the process. It will therefore provide good learning overall for the future.

Thanks for your comments in any case.
  • edited August 2019
    T_C_E said:
    Next week poll ........... CARD’s opinion on Duchataway and his popularity 😉

Bert - you're needed.

• edited August 2019
    RedPanda said:

I started it but gave up as it was 90% focussed on Wembley, something that comes up once in a generation. I don’t see its relevance.

The reason there is a lot about the play-offs is because of the volume of tickets needing to be sold in a short space of time so it was the most testing period for the system and comms around the process. It will therefore provide good learning overall for the future.

There was also a lot of focus on tickets in that period, which makes it atypical. I think there is a problem on a day-to-day basis that the messaging doesn’t reflect the way people interact with the club - for example details are announced but few updates given and there is little obvious thought given to people who aren’t familiar with buying.

So for example a friend who decided to go to Blackburn on the Wednesday beforehand could find nothing about how to buy tickets for the game online, after the posting out deadline, and when he tried to contact the club on the Thursday to get information he found it was closed to callers. 

A simple message in an obvious place that tickets would now be available on the day would have sufficed. I could have guessed that, but as he lives abroad he didn’t.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there a question about the provision of the useful information and hourly updates on the ticket availability on a stand by stand basis for the home play off game?

Asking for a friend.
  • Well done - there are a few issues that they need to address
  • RedPanda said:

There was also a lot of focus on tickets in that period, which makes it atypical. I think there is a problem on a day-to-day basis that the messaging doesn’t reflect the way people interact with the club - for example details are announced but few updates given and there is little obvious thought given to people who aren’t familiar with buying.

So for example a friend who decided to go to Blackburn on the Wednesday beforehand could find nothing about how to buy tickets for the game online, after the posting out deadline, and when he tried to contact the club on the Thursday to get information he found it was closed to callers. 

A simple message in an obvious place that tickets would now be available on the day would have sufficed. I could have guessed that, but as he lives abroad he didn’t.
    Thanks, Rick. If you do take the survey, there is scope to add such points in open comments.

• Bump. Only takes around five mins - or a little longer if you add a lot of comments.
  • The link on the club website leads to “content not found”
    might be just me. 
  • The link on the club website leads to “content not found”
    might be just me. 
    No,not only you,me as well,try this link https://www.castrust.org/2019/08/ticketing-experience-survey 
  • Sponsored links:

• I have usually regretted buying tickets historically as I have a peculiar ability as a Jonah, although I have yet to take in a single game of Lord Bowyer and JJ's reign.
  • Thank you to all who completed this survey. The results are here:

http://https//www.castrust.org/2019/09/cafc-ticketing-system-survey-results/

• Rocked up to the north stand ticket window a couple of hours before the villa pre season friendly, no queue, served straight away and no delay in getting to crossbars for a drink and a pie. Beats me why some people moan