Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Heights of East and West Stands?

Random question - does anyone know the height of the East and West stand at all?

Asking for a friend :-)

Comments

• The West is definitely higher than the East.

Loads of headroom in both though.

• @1905 is probably the best person to ask.
  • From pitch level or the rear of each stand?
  • Addickted said:
    From pitch level or the rear of each stand?
    Pitch level I suppose
  • Greenwich planning portal is down at the moment, but will check again later.

Will certainly give the heights of North/West and East stands.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know that they had to lower the west stand by about three inches in 2005 as the architects used imperial measurements during the build and to comply with EU regs it had to be the metric equivalrnt.  Maybe...
  • Swisdom said:
    It's happened to us all i'm sure, that slow day at work when your mind wanders and you find yourself sitting there thinking about sex, drugs, the height of the east/west stands.
    Glad I'm not alone!

Tomorrow's question is going to be about maximum power output of the hand dryers in the South Stand - so if someone could get researching that would be grand
    Have you found a new buyer then?. Is this their due diligence being carried out 😉.
  • edited September 2019
    I’m sure I’ve seen a ball go over the east stand roof, don’t think one has gone over the west stand. In the days of Les Berry, I’m sure he would have cleared both.
  • Swisdom said:
    It's happened to us all i'm sure, that slow day at work when your mind wanders and you find yourself sitting there thinking about sex, drugs, the height of the east/west stands.
    Glad I'm not alone!

Tomorrow's question is going to be about maximum power output of the hand dryers in the South Stand - so if someone could get researching that would be grand
    1.8Kw.
  • On a serious note.. why is there only droplets of water coming out of the tapd in East Stand toilets. Surely that's a Healthy and Safety issue?
  • Swisdom said:
    Glad I'm not alone!

South Stand? Where the **** is the South Stand?
  • What was the southern end of the ground called before it became the Jimmy Seed stand?

Was it known as the uncovered end?
  • Sponsored links:

• The Jimmy South Terrace
  • How tall was it?
  • iaitch said:
    What was the southern end of the ground called before it became the Jimmy Seed stand?

Locally we called it "The Heights" ie: We always bunk in at The Heights end.
    But that was never official................
  • T_C_E said:
    iaitch said:
    What was the southern end of the ground called before it became the Jimmy Seed stand?

Locally we called it "The Heights" ie: We always bunk in at The Heights end.
    But that was never official................
    Defo 'The Heights'
  • edited September 2019
    iaitch said:

Shirley heights...end?
  • iaitch said:

The Southern End?
  • I’ve heard it all now, this is taking the Charlton life height test to new levels!
  • iaitch said:
    The Alex McFarlane Stand
  • Addickted said:
    I’m sure I’ve seen a ball over the east stand roof, don’t think One has gone over the west stand. In the days of Les Berry, I’m sure he would have cleared both.
    Nicky Bailey's penalty cleared the North Stand, the Thames and Stanstead control tower.
    It almost hit Tim Peake.