Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If Taylor goes in Jan ill have a almighty strop, just like when Scott Parker left.

I snapped my favourite pen, I also set alight my favourite fur lined hooded coat and tied Lady Penelope butler and chauffeur to a rocket!

Comments

• Better he leaves for a fee than not. Great player but irreplaceable? I wouldn't say so. This team would give any decent striker good service 
  • N.B. I'd rather he stayed of course 
  • He'll be out with this injury until January then get sold.

I hope this is undue pessimism on my part rather than reality obviously!
  • Stay up near the top and he won't want to go anywhere. Easy. 
  • Talal said:
    Stay up near the top and he won't want to go anywhere. Easy. 
    He will if someone will treble his wages.
  • No one's bigger then the club.

If he goes then it will mean we need to find a striker that's as good as, if not better then Taylor. It can be done. He's a good bloke and a really good forward at this level...which has now been proven, so of course his ego is going to shout "I'm great I deserve better then this....give me more!"

He starts doing stupid tweets and every now and again, behave in a slightly out of character way. If he returned to the valley as an opposing player, I wouldn't cheer and I wouldn't boo.

👆I suppose that's just mostly due to the fact that I hardly go any games anymore.
  • edited September 2019
    Leuth said:
    Better he leaves for a fee than not. Great player but irreplaceable? I wouldn't say so. This team would give any decent striker good service 
    Leuth........you can wait years before you replace a talisman type striker that is the teams heartbeat.......they come along every decade or so.
    You can’t ‘just’ replace these type of players, even better players rarely replace a player like Taylor, not just because he’s a great player but because we pin so much hope on him and he so far continues to repay our trust.......that’s what you can’t easily replace.
  • Sponsored links:

• fenn3098 said:
    I snapped my favourite pen, I also set alight my favourite fur lined hooded coat and tied Lady Penelope butler and chauffeur to a rocket!
    are you off your medication AGAIN ? .. ((:>)
  • I don’t even know where to start with how different it is to the Parker situation.
  • fenn3098 said:
    I guess your bespoke suits could come in for some stick then  ;)
  • I'd love him to stay and I was really upset when Parker went - mainly because of how it panned out.  But these are young guys with a short career and Lyle is 30 (I think).  If he gets a chance to earn a considerably bigger pay packet - then almost anyone would take it - especially as he knows he only has 4-5 years of professional football left.  Rob Elliott is a big Charlton fan but who could resist a (rumoured) £11,000 a week to move - even to mostly sit on the bench.  Probably on a lot more now.  To professional footballers its a career (even if they support the team they are leaving).
  • edited September 2019

If Taylor goes in Jan ill 

What if he goes in Jan, well? 
  • I'd be gutted if he leaves but the show.mist go on. It might be the end of any promotion hopes but staying in the Championship is still the target, not promotion, so if he goes so be it. It's shit but it's business. Another hero will no doubt come along, bit maybe not with his class or whatever else he brings. No hard feelings about this one. He's done a lot for the team in a short time so good on him. 

If your reading this though Lyle....please stay. Hero is one thing, but legend status is reserved for only the very best ala Powell, Mendonca, Simonsen etc. Don't just settle for being good Lyle, be one of those that is talked about through the generations that say 'I saw him play'. 
  • If we are in the hunt for promotion come January I fancy he will get an improved offer good enough to give him another year or two.
  • Sponsored links:

• He could go to a third rate team like brentwood and spend the last few precious years of his football life fighting relegation to league one.

Or.he could stay an be the promotion hero and set the premier league alight  next year as an addick.
    Or he could go to brentwood, fight relegation and get 3 to 4 times more money for doing it, WOULD YOU, HONESTLY?
  • Really can’t see him going to Brentwood ....
  • No one's saying anything that is particularly distant from reality...but the jolly old passion of football...being what it is..

Is now a slow painful death...when we actually find ourselves saying "I'd understand if he decides to leave Charlton and go to Brentford, because it pays more".

We have already lost and we are now way too lenient.

It's supposed to be a competitive sport of loyalty and passion. That is why they are superstars. They play for the people...and it's because they are good enough to do so. Wouldn't that be enough? Or do you always just need more and more?

It sounds like it is now partially our job to really put ourselves in their shoes...where we eventually come to the conclusion that money is too important to ignore or turn down...even if you are wealthy, not poor, not in debt, or desperate and you make a lot of people happy.

Surely that is good enough? Or, is being a footballer of the digital age a quick in and out? Make the most of it, grab what you can ca-ching££ bye, see you later, I've retired and I'm loaded.

Greed will always win. It will always eat the soul.

"I want what he's got"

"I deserve better"

No one's comfortable enough in their own skin anymore.

Social media is partly to blame for the rapid increase of this mindset. It was already there...but it's shot up even further now.

A footballers career is now an understandable numbers game.

We've now finally accepted the fact that the competition is now more so off the pitch.....then on it.
  • JaShea99 said:
    I don’t even know where to start with how different it is to the Parker situation.
    Which Parker are you referring to?
    Scott. Is that not what the thread is about?
  • edited September 2019
    Totally different to Parker... Taylor deserves his pay day... He's 30... And our moron owner won't pay him... 

Parker was a greedy fuck who wouldn't wait 6 months and ruined his own career and stopped us breaking the glass ceiling into top 6 football... As well as letting Chelsea do us over and no time to spend the money on a replacement etc etc... We could well of champions league that year with Parker... 

Now to be fair he was probably told 'now or never' but he was a fool to believe it and all parties suffered because of it...

It'll be interesting at Christmas but I won't blame Lyle Taylor Baby...
  • JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I don’t even know where to start with how different it is to the Parker situation.
    Ermmm sorry.....got to give you a small whoosh there JaShea.
  • Leuth said:
    Better he leaves for a fee than not. Great player but irreplaceable? I wouldn't say so. This team would give any decent striker good service 
    Leuth........you can wait years before you replace a talisman type striker that is the teams heartbeat.......they come along every decade or so.
    You can’t ‘just’ replace these type of players, even better players rarely replace a player like Taylor, not just because he’s a great player but because we pin so much hope on him and he so far continues to repay our trust.......that’s what you can’t easily replace.
    Whilst I agree, a portion of our fanbase following this summer and start adding to add the "Gallen Factor" to all departures and believe anyone is replaceable/ even upgradable.
  • JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Ermmm sorry.....got to give you a small whoosh there JaShea.
    Not sure what that means but thanks. You can have one too.