Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• U23S STARTING XI

Harness, Matthews, Keefe, Mingi, Stevenson, Powell, Morgan, Dempsey, Clayden, Davison, Isiaka. Subs | Harvey, Vennings, Odoh, Ocran, Vega. #cafc
    A young team, surprised JFC isn't playing as he's well down the pecking order in midfield at the moment unless he has fitness/injury issues?

After all the time he had out last season and when we’ve got strong options in midfield anyway why risk rushing him back. JFC’s game requires him to be fully fit and able to take a tackle. Even if it takes until Christmas then it’s got to be worth it to have him back.
  • Watched the game today,thought played some really good stuff in the first half,but Burnley seemed a bit to strong as the game went on and we were reduced to breakaways,still, good game of football in a decent little stadium.
  • I see the Burnley keeper, the exotically named Kai Calderbank-Park is Australian

Boo
  • Prior to the weekend Charlton hadnt lost a game at any level

Now we've lost twice what with the Womens team and U23s
     Saturday will make it a hat trick then....

• Bit harsh to write off the U18s Golfie!!
  • We now don’t have a home game for the U23s until 28th October.

Personally be surprised now to see too many first team/senior players involved until we are at home again, unless absolutely necessary.

I heard we were trying to arrange a behind closed doors friendly for either end of last week or sometime this week. No idea at all if that’s been sorted out or not or been played or not, but with Matthews playing 90 minutes today, I assume they didn’t manage to arrange it.

Unless again, they have, and we have players such as Amos, Oshilaja, Page, Forster-Caskey, Lapslie, Oztumer, Bonne all playing some part. Some of these players desperately need minutes, and others are coming back from injury. As far as I know, Page should be back in full training again this week. I bloody hope so. Therefore, in theory, we could have all our players training with us by the end of the week and no one actually on the treatment table.
  • edited September 2019
    French interview with Wassim; mostly talks about his time @ Marseille but briefly explains why he joined us

https://peupleolympien.net/interview-de-wassim-aouachria/
  • 

What are your reasons for leaving Charlton?

"The reasons for my departure? It is especially that I
    did not play in N2 and it was my last year of contract. In addition, I was not
    even a trainee so it was already a small clue about the fact that I did not get
    into the coach's plans. That's what gently pushed me to the exit, and I
    preferred to take the lead rather than wait until the end of the season and rot
    in U19, because a career is short, and I had already lost 6 months. I did not
    see myself losing a year so I preferred to leave in January. For the concrete
    reasons, apparently, the coach David Le Frapper reproached me for not running
    enough, a lack of intensity. But it's a more complicated problem. The Hitter
    did not want to keep me late last year and considered that I did not deserve
    the trainee contract. Cassini (former director of the training center) had made
    the push for me to stay, so at the beginning I knew that I was not in the
    coach's plans. But I think these are extra-sporting reasons and especially
    reasons unfortunately unknown to me. So good, it's bad for good because in the
    end I signed pro and discovered a new championship. I took over with the
    Championship group in June. "

• edited September 2019
    What are your reasons for leaving Marseille
  • Sponsored links:

• But where is he now? Injured?
    Yeah think he did his ACL
    Yeah think he did his ACL
    An imposing forward, Aouachria was offered a short-term deal with the Addicks following his release from French giants Olympique de Marseille. After impressing enough to earn a longer deal for the 2019/20 season. Disaster struck when, during a training session with the first team, Aouachria suffered an ACL injury which will keep him sidelined for much of the campaign. A surefire option up top, Aouachria bagged himself 5 goals in 9 starts for the Addicks.
  • edited September 2019
    Rotten luck for Aouachria.

Our u23s are due to play at Wigan on Monday. (I think?)

Our u18s beat Nottingham Forest 1-0 on Friday. Both teams are second in their respective sections (North/South).
  • edited September 2019
    Here’s how we line up..
    Starting XI | Harness, Matthews, Keefe, Vega, Stevenson, Morgan, Dempsey, Odoh, Powell, Davison, Ocran.
    Subs | Harvey, Vennings, Clayden, Quitirna, Yao.
    Matthews gets another run out today as does Morgan, surprised that Lapslie isnt playing seeing that he'll struggle to make the bench with everyone fit
  •  Ipswich Town U23s host Charlton Athletic in the Professional Development League Two this evening [kick-off 7pm].

Admission to Portman Road is free for season ticket holders and members with prices below.

Adults: £3

Concessions: £1

The game is set to be broadcast live on the Club's Facebook page.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2019/september/ipswich-u23s-host-charlton/

• Shocking error by Amos puts us one down in first minute.
  • Any team news?
  • Sponsored links:

• Looks like Forster Caskey is playing (No.8)
  • edited September 2019
    1-1... potential own goal

We've been the better side so far
  • Just equalised following a JFC free kick
  • Would be great to have the team somewhere alongside the numbers they're wearing.
  • I thought the 7 scored it. Dempsey
  • Who are our 9 and 10?

• 2-1 Dempsey low shot
  • edited September 2019
    Dempsey puts us in the lead. Miles better than them.  No wonder they are bottom.
  • 9 Brewster
    10 Aneke
  • Adam Matthews playing Right Back