Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The £10 pint

The time has surely come for this thread to begin....

Who'll kick us off with an expensive tale?

Comments

• Not in this country but when I was on holiday in Aruba, we went down to the local pier to watch the sun go down, watch the baby Barracudas come close to the shoreline, be entertained by the local karaoke queen and have a beer. Two beers .... $27
  • Dubai airport 3 years ago. £45 for 2 pints and 2 JD & cokes. 
  • edited September 2019
    Wembley today. Their prices must have crept up to almost a tenner for a pint.
  • Craft Beer Co Bar in Covent Garden.
    Speedway Stout.

£9 a 1/3 pint.

Thats a £27 pint.
    In Dubai in January, prices ranged from £13-18 a pint.  Glad my wife was pregnant at the time, it would have cost us a fortune otherwise!
    My missus wanted to buy a raffle ticket for a Ferrari in Dubai airport, £250 each they were! But as she said, they have the cleanest toilets in the world! 😂
  • £7 for a can of Red Stripe at All Points East.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Craft Beer Co Bar in Covent Garden.
    Speedway Stout.

£9 a 1/3 pint.

Thats a £27 pint.
    To be fair, theres so much wrong with those first two lines that anyone who buys that deserves everything they get. 
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnBoyUK said:
    Speedway Stout.

£9 a 1/3 pint.

Thats a £27 pint.
    A couple of years back I paid £8.50 for a paid of something in that bar. I thought for that amount it must taste magical. It was foul and it wasn’t the cheapest, they actually had a bottled beer on the menu for £19. 
  • Bruge, 10 euros for a pint of guilden drack. It was 10.5 percent tho .... only needed the one !!
  • edited September 2019
    Good tip, if you know you’re going somewhere expensive, buy a rucksack , go to a local supermarket, buy as much of your favorite tipple that will fit in the rucksack.

When you get to said expensive establishment, buy one drink to keep them happy, and then wahey bobs your uncle, and Fanny’s one of your favorite Charlton life posters.

Your mates will be happy, and you can feel like a king, and the rucksack will pay for itself!
  • in Hong Kong earlier this year I paid my company paid the equivalent of £9.50 for a bottle of Bud. 
  • Wembley today. Their prices must have crept up to almost a tenner for a pint.
    No chance, I've been there a number of times recently.
    It's £6.50 maximum, definitely not as high as £7.
  • Stockholm a few weeks ago
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Speedway Stout.

£9 a 1/3 pint.

Thats a £27 pint.
    I take it you settled for a third?
  • In Sydney, on average about 6/7 quid, then Stella would be something ridiculous like 9
  • Other than when I go and watch Charlton I do all my drinking indoors. 
    If I drank out every night I would need a second mortgage 
  • _MrDick said:
    Not in this country but when I was on holiday in Aruba, we went down to the local pier to watch the sun go down, watch the baby Barracudas come close to the shoreline, be entertained by the local karaoke queen and have a beer. Two beers .... $27
    Honeymooned in Aruba 4 years ago. We stayed in an all-inclusive place as we thought that would keep costs down which, after getting married, we needed. Still spent over £4K in two weeks on food and drink outside the resort. 

Beautiful place, eye wateringly expensive though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wembley today. Their prices must have crept up to almost a tenner for a pint.
    Really?
  • Paid £13 in Bergen, Norway last year to try the local brew. Was an absolute shocker of a pint. 
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Speedway Stout.

£9 a 1/3 pint.

Thats a £27 pint.
    Not guilty, brother-in-law was in there earlier in the week.
  • Thinking about it there are regularly pints in my local (usually an imperial stout tbf) around the £11-£12 range. Tend to be sold only in 1/3's or a 1/2 though. 
  • Thinking about it there are regularly pints in my local (usually an imperial stout tbf) around the £11-£12 range. Tend to be sold only in 1/3's or a 1/2 though. 
    Ah that should be a different category though, I’m guessing they’re about 9/10%?
  • Yep. Hence they keep an eye on who's necking them! 
  • Other than when I go and watch Charlton I do all my drinking indoors. 

Don’t know how you can do that mate.

There is no happier place of contentment than being plotted up in a proper pub with a few pals (preferably including a wannabe comedian, a joke target sponge, a filthy animal and a pal who has an experience or story for everything), a few beers, a selection of snacks and chewing the fat over absolute nonsense. Get transported away from the realities of life for a few happy hours.

Football and pub is great, but the focus is all centred around the football and not the same imo.
    I used to prefer pubs but a combination of  it becoming far more of a hassle to get to and from and an increasing number of random obnoxious people en route and in the pubs has led to me now preferring to have a quiet relaxing drink indoors. Reclusiveness is good.

This should probably be on the getting old thread.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Speedway Stout.

£9 a 1/3 pint.

Thats a £27 pint.