Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brentford new stadium

as you can see it from the M4 flyover I always take a look on my way to Heathrow. Today I noticed the seats are going in however the colour scheme is burgundy and mustard!!😳
looks more like a Quidditch arena

Comments

• edited September 2019
    They have produced a quirky and smart looking stadium within a tight site bounded by railway lines. It had been looking fine until they started putting in the multi-coloured seating. Why not Brentford red with a nice club crest...
    York City have done the same.  A more limited structure but fine until they utilised the rainbow vomit themed seating.
  • They have produced a quirky and smart looking stadium within a tight site bounded by railway lines. It had been looking fine until they started putting in the multi-coloured. Why not Brentford red with a nice club crest...
    York City have done the same.  A more limited structure but fine until they utilised the rainbow vomit themed seating.
    Both clubs are sharing their new stadiums with rugby clubs, Brentford with London Irish. Not sure where the colours come from though
  • A sponsors branding colours maybe?
  • is there a pub on each corner?
  • edited September 2019
    Mad they’ve made it fit into a space that small.
  • Looks a hotch potch mess to me
    At least it's not the same as those out of town IKEA stadiums. Colchester, Reading, Cov City (former), Bournemouth and Oxford. Nearly forgot stadium MK. What about QPR too, view from the away end is atrocious.
  • is there a pub on each corner?
    No.

There isn’t even a pub on each corner of their current stadium anymore.
  • That’s a shocker
  • Sponsored links:

• Think it looks great. 

It has some style and character and is 100% better than the majority of new stadia that have popped up over the past 20 years or so.
  • Addickted said:
    Think it looks great. 

It has some style and character and is 100% better than the majority of new stadia that have popped up over the past 20 years or so.
    Lol, each to their own. I think it looks pretty shit.
  • edited September 2019
    The hopotch of multi coloured seats avoids a sea of empty red seats showing up on TV.

The stadium will look less empty than it actually is when not sold out ie for rugger.

• Right next to Kew Bridge station too, so very convenient to get to
  • edited September 2019
    That stadium is different but looks like it will generate and hold a decent atmosphere.

Even though the away end is shite, Will miss griffin park, sad to see another historical old London ground disappearing 
    Particularly quiet set of home fans, so they'll need all the structural help they can get
  • edited September 2019
    They are overspending laughably and will get in deep shit in the next 5-10 years. The ground doesn’t even look that big - they won’t get the crowds and generate enough revenue to support the fees they pay and the money they pay players and pay for the stadium. They are trying to punch above their natural weight and it will end in tears 
  • I didn't think much of the birds eye view but tbf I think it looks like the architects have worked hard to give as much weather protection to the fans without restricting views of the pitch. 

It will be interesting to give there for the first time.

https://newstadium.brentfordfc.com/
  • Wondering if it will be more expensive than the 35 quid Fulham are charging.
  • The hopotch of multi coloured seats avoids a sea of empty red seats showing up on TV.

The stadium will look less empty than it actually is when not sold out ie for rugger.

You obviously haven’t been to a St Patrick’s match with London Irish. Will be a very noisy sell out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m sure the main stand looks and will be great but the rest looks pretty naff to me. 
  • They are overspending laughably and will get in deep shit in the next 5-10 years. The ground doesn’t even look that big - they won’t get the crowds and generate enough revenue to support the fees they pay and the money they pay players and pay for the stadium. They are trying to punch above their natural weight and it will end in tears 
    I beg to differ, Brentford seem like a Burnley, well run throughout with the right people running it
  • 100% better than the out of town ‘bowl like’ crap that most clubs have now 
  • They are overspending laughably and will get in deep shit in the next 5-10 years. The ground doesn’t even look that big - they won’t get the crowds and generate enough revenue to support the fees they pay and the money they pay players and pay for the stadium. They are trying to punch above their natural weight and it will end in tears 
    A selling club though, they are very good at getting big transfer fees in which pays for their purchases and wages
  • What a dreadful looking stadium, looks like someone has won a competition to see who can fold the biggest bit of origami.
  • What they  nick out of The Helmet on Konsa 
  • edited September 2019
    I'd imagine that by selling Griffin Park and building the new ground, Benham will be quids in.
  • edited September 2019
    I'd imagine that by selling Griffin Park and building the new ground, Benham will be quids in.
    Not at all. I don't think he makes a penny personally from the club.

The idea for the new development was that the sale of the old ground and the new flats/commercial units would pay for the cost of the new ground and give them some regular income for the future to try to make them more self-sustaining.

I think there was even a trust involved somewhere in the equation, rather than him doing it via his own development company and trousering a nice profit - which was exactly the plan at Millwall, for example.
  • Quite like it but agree about the seats. It's like they got a job lot off ebay. 
  • Really looks impressive on Sky Sports with them being shown around