Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

(non Charlton) 2019 Summer Transfers - Deadline Day from Pg.24

1232425262729»

Comments

• Mkhitaryan has gone on loan to Roma, seems weird as he has been used by Arsenal and would have expected him to be playing in Europa League
  • Deadline Day 2

Asmir Begovic set to join Qarabag on loan from Bournemouth till January.

Spanish 2nd division side Almeria spend £8 on Appiah from Forest
    After playing SIX league games???
  • Deadline Day 2

Almeria have a new Saudi owner who seems to be taking the Brentford approach to signings. They've made a few young signings this summer (2-3 from South America) so i guess they see Appiah as a solid investment.
  • Deadline Day 2

Almeria have a new Saudi owner who seems to be taking the Brentford approach to signings. They've made a few young signings this summer (2-3 from South America) so i guess they see Appiah as a solid investment.
    Spanish football now on the same slippery slope as English football, just nearer the top of it than we are. 
  • Deadline Day 2

Spanish football now on the same slippery slope as English football, just nearer the top of it than we are. 
    That's a ridiculous punt for a small team to be making.

Weird how basically one successful export (Sancho) has made young English players incredibly sought after.

• Deadline Day 2

That's a ridiculous punt for a small team to be making.

Weird how basically one successful export (Sancho) has made young English players incredibly sought after.

I think it also has to do with the success of various England youth teams in recent years. Foreign clubs have seen how successful we've been so have obviously realised that the talent is there. 
  • Javier Hernandez has signed for Sevilla.
    Fernando Llorente to Napoli.
    Falcao to Galatasaray.
    Icardi to PSG.
  • Huddersfield Town have sold former Wolves winger Rajiv van La Parra to Serbian side Red Star Belgrade.

The 28-year Dutchman has moved for an undisclosed fee to quickly conclude a deal which escalated with a bid for him during Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Luton.

"We received the offer for Rajiv during the Luton game," said Huddersfield chairman Phil Hodgkinson.

"Both him and his representatives made it very clear that he didn't want to be a Huddersfield Town player anymore."

• Our next opponents Brumagem Citoy (pronounced with an authentic Harry Enfield accent) have made a new signing today.
    The Beeb website says:

Birmingham City have signed free agent Bernard Sun on a two-year contract,

The 20-year-old attacking midfielder left Spanish side Estudiantes de Murcia in the summer and has been training with Blues during pre-season.

A former China Under-18 international, Sun was born in Beijing, but moved to Germany when he was seven and has a German passport.

He came through the youth ranks at Kaiserlautern before joining Eisbachtal and then moving to Spain.

• Headline writer's dream.
  • Sponsored links:

• Millwall set to spend £1.75M on Bartosz Bialkowski 
    Not sure why you clicked LOL @Covered End

I dont find it funny that Millwall are spending £1.75M on a GK and we wont spend £1.75 collectively
    I've seen him play & he's looked poor on each occasion.
    I'd rather have Amos and if he's free so much the better.
    Looks like transfermarkt valued him at £900K last September.
    I think it's funny if Millwall shell out £1.75M.
    What's your opinion of Bialowski ?
    :-)
  • You would not be happy as WBA.

They have invested heavily in youth and now have the same amount of players in England youth teams as City and Chelsea.

235k for 10 years? Total bollocks.

What to do? They have to look at the development fee system again.

Personally I think some link has to be made to ALL subsequent progress that youth player makes at the purchasing club subsequently. 

You have to stop European giants being able to abuse what WBA have done.
    And now he has gone to Villa

West Brom must be livid

The money they would have got had he got straight to Villa instead of 6 months at Barca then Villa