Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

PHONE UNLOCKING HELP PLEASE.

Despite my Vodafone contract ending, they have messed up unlocking my phone and recommend that I go to a phone shop to get it unlocked. I have no experience in this, any ideas? I live in Lee, so ideally SE London.

Comments

• Thinks there’s a shop just up from the station that unlocks phones.
  • Vodafone are permitted to unlock this handset. I would read up on it and then phone them back stating the case. 
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Thinks there’s a shop just up from the station that unlocks phones.
    Lee station?
  • robroy said:
    Vodafone are permitted to unlock this handset. I would read up on it and then phone them back stating the case. 
    Unfortunately they gave me a series of incorrect codes that have led to my phone becoming locked. Going to a phone shop was the only option they could suggest. They informed me they would credit my account.

I have been with Vodafone for 10years plus. Their customer service is horrible, worst of any service EVER...
  • They are under a duty to provide you with the PUK code which is what u need to unlock.

U can probably win but might take more effort than its worth.

Go to catford or Woolwich and to a stall not a shop. 5-10 pounds it will be unlocked all networks in 2 mins 
  • Have you tried 1, 2, 3, 4?
  • Locking phones is the most bizarre practice when you can go and get them unlocked for free/a small fee after the fact anyway.

You’re still paying them for the phone via your contract so why do they care what SIM you use in it?
  •  I had a phone that was locked to O2. I gave it to my daughter to put it on the sky mobile network. I phoned O2 and they released it within 24 hours for free. I went to the local shop to ask and he said it was £35 when I walked away he then dropped it to £25 

Phoning the network got it done for free.
  • They are under a duty to provide you with the PUK code which is what u need to unlock.

U can probably win but might take more effort than its worth.

Go to catford or Woolwich and to a stall not a shop. 5-10 pounds it will be unlocked all networks in 2 mins 
    They have buggered my phone up and the the PUK codes they provided don't work. They've basically screwed me, I'll be making a complaint to Ofom. 

Doesnt help me right now though.
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Thinks there’s a shop just up from the station that unlocks phones.
    Lee station?
    Yes Lee station.
  • PopIcon said:
    I’d guarantee they can. Email the CEO , his executive complaints team will sort it 

https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9635
  • edited September 2019
    Have you been into a store? Have they proved to you that it can’t be done by them or are you taking their word for it? If the answers are yes and then no, they’ve probably told you they’ve f*cked it up as a way to get you to bugger off somewhere else.

Phone shop staff (managers and salespeople) generally aren’t interested in helping you if you’re not there to buy anything. Sad but true from my experience working in one for eighteen months.
  • PopIcon said:
    robroy said:
    Vodafone are permitted to unlock this handset. I would read up on it and then phone them back stating the case. 
    Unfortunately they gave me a series of incorrect codes that have led to my phone becoming locked. Going to a phone shop was the only option they could suggest. They informed me they would credit my account.

I have been with Vodafone for 10years plus. Their customer service is horrible, worst of any service EVER...
    The only main network I would never go back to, not because of anything other than their customer service which is shocking.