Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AFC Wimbledon - Lead Us Home campaign

edited September 2019 in General Charlton
Sure many fellow Charlton fans will be interested in this ...

AFCW are trying to get back to a ‘Plough Lane’ in Wimbledon , and giving shares in return for money paying for the stadium - 92% of what’s needed/wanted already being stumped up! 
For as little as £10!
https://www.seedrs.com/afcwimbledon 

Comments

• Is it Wimbledon who are selling off advertising for every part of their new Stadium?
  • edited September 2019
    I'm afraid I lost all interest in them when the groundsman said to Robinson "I hope your daughter dies of cancer"...
  • edited September 2019
    0 interest from me a club that are on the whole followed by a majority of wankerish fans. Have these sense of small club mentality and for some reason see Charlton as the big bad wolf. 

The whole Robinson carry on is when I now am of the opinion they can go and fuck themselves. 
  • Live fairly close - not interested. 
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    Really pleased the way they got back into the league and was looking forward to playing then again. My first ever away game was a 3-1 win at Plough Lane early 80s.

Then we found ourselves in the same league and their dickhead per fan ratio was off the charts, couldnt give a toss about them now tbh.
    Yup
  • Sponsored links:

• They do seem to be a bunch of tossers.
  • Fuck em.
    Most obnoxious boring self righteous bunch of pricks I've met 
    Apart from elfs
  • They've always been a horrible club. They bullied their way round the non league scene for years, and when they made the league, theit teams were full of nasty bastards - they prided themselves on being thugs, were awful to watch and the media gave them a free pass because it was quirky to have them in the top flight. When they went bust, they treated Kingstonian like shit - acting just like their hated franchise forebears, and their fans are, in the main, muggy shitbags.

It's a no from me
    Exactly like the shitty little club the original one was.
  • Don’t think this was the reaction that @sammy391 was expecting.

But yeah, stuff ‘em. 
  • Club that bemoaned losing their identity & were banging on about not having a ground but were more than happy to see Kingstonian kicked out & see years of history with Greyhounds, Stocks & Speedway binned off at Wimbledon Stadium. 

Tinpot club, muggy fans, it’s a no from me 
  • se9addick said:
    Don’t think this was the reaction that @sammy391 was expecting.

But yeah, stuff ‘em. 
    Not at all!  :D
    understand that there is a bad feeling towards their fans, but assumed a few may be interested? 
  • sammy391 said:
    se9addick said:

But yeah, stuff ‘em. 
    understand that there is a bad feeling towards their fans, but assumed a few may be interested? 
    Most will be interested, doubt many Charlton fans will contribute though despite the similarities on the surface to our situation 30 years ago - AFC fans (and to some extent their club) have conducted themselves dreadfully and the good will afforded them has worn off. 
  • I have a lot of admiration for AFC Wimbledon but won’t be contributing to the construction of another club’s ground.

We live pretty local. Indeed, we walked along the river and up through Kingston, via The Albion pub, to Kingsmeadow to witness the Nabster’s magnificent free kick winner. But I don’t understand why people would want to crowdfund the last phase of construction, unless they are committed supporters (or at least locals or people who are looking for someone to watch on alternate Saturdays). 
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    sammy391 said:
    se9addick said:

But yeah, stuff ‘em. 
    Most will be interested, doubt many Charlton fans will contribute though despite the similarities on the surface to our situation 30 years ago - AFC fans (and to some extent their club) have conducted themselves dreadfully and the good will afforded them has worn off. 
    Intrigued as to what they have done. I know there was that incident with robbo which was well out of order, but is there more ? Quite surprised by the response to this
  • Do Kingstonian get their ground back once all of this is done with?
  • Sadly I don't think Kingstonian will be going back.  They're planning a new ground of their own at some point.  
  • Based on the comments so far & being the not so friendly Wombles we much loved...

Im Out...!!!
  • Those bastards Chelsea booted out Kingstonian in 2017, who played at Leatherhead FC in 2017/18 and, thereafter at Corinthian-Casuals at King Georges Field, which is to become their permanent home in Kingston Borough.

My sympathy is slightly diluted by the fact that Kingstonian turfed out my mate’s club from their home in the 1980s - thus it ever was: dog eat dog
  • They've always been a horrible club. They bullied their way round the non league scene for years, and when they made the league, theit teams were full of nasty bastards - they prided themselves on being thugs, were awful to watch and the media gave them a free pass because it was quirky to have them in the top flight. When they went bust, they treated Kingstonian like shit - acting just like their hated franchise forebears, and their fans are, in the main, muggy shitbags.

It's a no from me
    When did they go bust? The efl allowed a guy to relocate them 70 miles north so their supporters formed a new club. 
  • Club that bemoaned losing their identity & were banging on about not having a ground but were more than happy to see Kingstonian kicked out & see years of history with Greyhounds, Stocks & Speedway binned off at Wimbledon Stadium. 

This with bells on

Ditto