Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Live - PODCAST RELEASED - Reaction to win at Reading with Lee Bowyer

edited September 2019 in General Charlton
Listen live via our website here - http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/listen-live/ or if that doesn't work, via the tune in website here - https://tunein.com/radio/Charlton-Live-s268151/ - or via the Tune In app on your mobile phone/tablet.

Join us live at 7pm or via the podcast afterwards as we look back at the 2-0 win at Reading. We'll hear the highlights of the game and also Lee Bowyer's full post-match interview. We'll also hear from midfielder Sam Field. We want to know what you made of the performance and Charlton's start to the season overall - get involved below.

Contact the studio - 

Email studio@charltonlive.co.uk
tweet @CharltonLive 
or Comment in this thread

Comments

• I have been a Charlton fan since 1986. Seen so many lows and as well as a lot of highs. This is definitely the best squad we have had before we got relegated last time round. We will have a better idea of how are doing once we have played the teams that are expected to be up there? Leeds, Swansea, etc. For me this is probably the best squad we have had since in the Championship since we got promotion under Curbs. Back then we were one striker short of getting promotion and when we signed Mendonca I knew that was the final piece in the jigsaw that was completed. What makes this all the more remarkable is that half of the team hadn't played with each before transfer deadline day and have adapted so well and will only improve as the season goes on. If we can remain injury free and somehow keep all of the loan players end of January I will revised my post transfer prediction of mid table and top 6 beckons. Before transfer deadline day I was hoping 4th from bottom. Since then, head says mid table as a long old season, injuries and recalls. Heart says top6. I am enjoying this ride and don't went to get off. 
  • Good evening Louis,

Wow, what a lovely 3 points that was yesterday.

Who would have thought we’d pick up 14 points from the 6 games played in August and be unbeaten!

We've only got 3 league games to play in September, but how many points do you and the lads think we will pick up this month?

By the way, first time I’d heard it yesterday but love the new Jonathan Leko song, sung to an old ABBA song, took me back to the 1970’s get those flares out!
  • Just to let you know Sheff Utd done very well 1st year they went up but fell away towards end of season. Have we beaten Huddersfield's massive unbeaten run yet?
  • We haven't played anyone higher than NOttingham Forest (10th) - have we had an easy start?
  • Hi, Louis.

What a great away day that was ! Our daughter, who was a Junior Red back in the late 80's/early 90's and I used to travel to most away games at that time on the Junior Reds' coach. Her eldest daughter now has a season ticket following the euphoria( and tears of joy!) at Wembley and they both came with us yesterday together with her eldest son. What a joy to see how much she loved the game & the whole away day experience , this time with 2 of her 3 kids. 

After the fantastic 2nd half performance, 2 thoughts struck me...

Firstly, how proud the gaffer & his management team must be of their "lads" 

And secondly, how the respected & much loved Michael Morrison must have wished he was wearing the red shirt yesterday , bless his cotton socks. It was great to show him we haven't forgotten him by the applause as the 2nd half was due to start.

Great times, indeed, at our football club...on the pitch anyway. Long may it last. 

Hope all concerned enjoy a well deserved rest until the visit of Birmingham.

Thanks.

Jean